Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

ehhh
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 October 2017
not the best place to work, imo. very rushed/fast paced and absolutely no support from management/even other employees who are along side you. Pro is they aren't hard on you when you call in for good reason, they make it work overtime.
some employees aew slacking, you continue the load
team member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2017
too much expectations.
leaders are just sitting down gossiping and killing time
they can hire unskilled managers
it's ok to sit and gossip around till you get caught
Pros
free snacks
Cons
benefits too expensive/ managers are snubbished
Poor Management, No Accountability
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2017
Love the work I am doing and the laid back atmosphere and store culture. Hate the internal drama and gossip between team members and management. Training is terrible depending on department. Pay is on par with entry level retail and benefits are deducted from pay cheques (only available to FT). Team leadership in my department is ineffectual. They are always available to take praise, but will deflect any issues to people beneath them. Lack of team leadership accountability forces workers to try to complete tasks with limited resources allowing us to meet only minimum standards, or occasionally completely hindering ability to complete jobs. Limited, almost non-existent upward mobility depending again on department. No acknowledgement or incentive for lower level employees. High employee turnover and no recourse for dealing with employee complaints.

Experience will differ between departments and locations.
Pros
Creative work
Cons
Bad Management, No Accountability
It's a fun and friendly place to work at
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 September 2017
It was a good expierence, costumers were very kind and welcoming. Workers were nice and welcoming also! I sugggest people to work there too. Liked the place
Pros
Free lunch breaks
Cons
Standing long time
Best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2017
Best job I ever had. They treated me so well there. I met so many incredible customers and heard stories about their lives. My coworkers were, and remain, some of the best friends ive ever had.
Store Receiver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 August 2017
Great place to work and great co workers. Good Benefits
Core Values is an asset of this company......................................................
Pros
Peanut Butter and Jelly every thursday before payday
Cons
Scheduling
Soul Sucking
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Square One8 August 2017
Unless you want a life career in Whole Foods, then this place will just make you depressed. Entitled customers, managers who don't care about you because they're too obsessed with customer satisfaction and money. Just too much stress for a job that I needed just to pay for school. I hated it there so much.
Great company values and initiatives.
Grocery Buyer/team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
I had worked in the grocery industry for 8 years before joining Whole Foods Market and had never worked for anyone as great as them. I was blown away by the experience. The company as a whole has great core values, cares about animals and the environment and above all cares about their employees. They pay fair wages, offer great benefits and care about their employees development. Great work/life balance, fun place to work. They really provide a team environment and the Leadership in the store is really engaged and helpful. Definitely the best grocery retailer to work for.
Cons
Very great place to work at
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
Whole Foods is a great company to work for. All managers and team leaders are very understandable. Great core values. The company's benefits for employees are great.
Wonderful Organization to work for
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
LOVED working at WFM. Management wonderful, product is amazing, dynamic and exciting. So much opportunity to grow! I was excited to come into work everyday :)
Amazing benefits
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2017
Is really great place to work when I stared to work there at whole foods was a hood experience to get all the knowledge about foundations and all the help the have been given around the world.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Leaders
Reasonable place to work
Associate Produce Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
Fair and reasonable place to work. High pressure environment and very demanding. Start as early as 5am and can be working as late as 11pm or midnight. Also, overnight inventory shifts could be something you have to do.
Pros
Reasonable leadership, minimul dress code, good pay for industry
Cons
Unpleasing schedule requirements
great upper managemt
Baker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 June 2017
The assistant and store manager as well as the human resources manager are great, but I find that the bakery department is not well organized and are always short staffed.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough staff
Terrible place to work with no incentive to make you want to stay.
Grocery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2017
Terrible place to work no opportunity for advancement. Terrible pay. Lots of responsibility required with no incentive to stay. Managers sit in office while lower employees do all the work for very little pay.
Work is always appreciated and awarded
Prepared Food Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. Workplace culture was very much about the alternative lifestyles and living healthy. Eating good food and pleasing the customer no matter what. While we believed very much in pleasing the customer management was not afraid to stand up for their employees if someone was being notoriously difficult and rude.
Pros
Appreciation for hardwork
Cons
Store Team Leader micromanaged
Too many mantras
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2017
Whole Foods has a million mantras and core values that they want you to breathe and live. It gets excessive and they're not practiced consistently. The wages are better than average but the pay raises were minimal and far between. Worked there for five years in two locations. Customers expect A LOT when shopping at the expensive store and are quick to complain if they feel they did not get the absolute BEST experience. Becomes exhausting to have to deliver the best customer service of your life with every individual. They took away employee perks over the years I was there, used to have sandwiches and soups pricing for employees and used to subsidize part of the bus pass. It's been sad to see the company go more corporate.
Good starting job for experience
Service team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Great team members to work with. Easy job no brainer. Lots of waste for an environmentally conscious company. Overworked in all departments of the store grocery, produce, meat and prepared. Management or team leaders as they are called are good too much pressure from higher up causes high stress environment where the bottom line is the highest concern not staff morale and safety.
Pros
Staff discounts 20% of products
Cons
Overpriced products without discount, underpay staff compared to competitiors
A fun and fast changing workplace
Perishable Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
A typical day at whole foods could be everything from mundane to hectic depending on what day of the week it was.
I learned much there about good organics and various other alternatives to almost any food group. The management at my particular location was sporadic and self serving leaving myself and my coworkers to our own devices to try and figure out all of the situations. It's a great environment as long as you have the understanding that almost all situations, the customers will come first.
Great!
Coffee Expert/Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
nice management
fun people
I felt taken care of
I didn't necessarily feel adequately trained but ultimately there were so many workshops, the training just took time
Whole Foods
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 April 2017
The company is based on favoritism, and you need to build a good relationship with leaderships in the store you work. If leadership does not like you well, there is less chance that you will be promoted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.