For over 25 years Whitesell Canada has been providing the North American automotive and industrial engineered component user with leading technologies that reduce cost, improve build quality and empower value innovation for its customers. A complete supply chain solutions company, Whitesell delivers global cost optimized product streams through award winning Distribution/Logistics systems including scaleable in-plant Vendor Managed Inventory programs.
Supports the stable operation of the in-house computer and communications network. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve and document hardware and software network and communication problems in a timely and accurate fashion for 2 divisions consisting of 50+ employees. Supports the Help Desk and computer hardware and software installation, problem resolution and end user training where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling and networking hardware and software products
- Maintain servers, including e-mail, print/file sharing, application, and backup servers and their associated operation systems and software
- Maintain network and communication hardware and equipment , including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, PBXs
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding network and communication connectivity problems
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of network and communication problems for a variety of end users. Implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Schedule and perform network and communication improvements, upgrades and repairs
- Support development and implementation of networking and communication projects and new technology installations
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network and communication component inventory
- Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting and statistically monitoring network data
- Work very closely with and provided training and support to, help desk support staff on network, communication and personal computer installation and support issues
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets for network installations, including date, voice, PC and video systems
- Aid in development of disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance to business disaster recovery plans
- Complies with security procedures and policies bringing any infractions or suspicions to management
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or equivalent from a College or technical school
- Beneficial to have or acquire A+, Network+, Microsoft, Novell and any other certifications that apply
- Minimum of two years’ experience in networked systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Exchange Servers, Sequel Servers, Crystal Reports etc.
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware and software technology
- Knowledge of EDI and mapping an asset
- Knowledge of Networking Concepts, network cabling standards, Network Operating Systems
- Must be able to lift, carry, move equipment and office fixtures to install equipment (up to 50 lbs)
- May be required to stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl
- Will be varied and include office, and warehouse conditions
Serious candidates only.