- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance!
- Enjoy a competitive salary and fantastic benefits for you and your family!
- Work for a reputable company that holds safety to a high standard!
- Enjoy a generous moving allowance to Edmonton!
Whitemud Ironworks Group is a fully integrated steel fabricator and erector that specializes in structural and miscellaneous steel projects. Being a group of three companies, Whitemud is well positioned to serve the Western Canada market with established construction crews and three fabrication facilities located in Edmonton, AB and Surrey, BC, totaling over 100,000 square feet. After 20 years of continuous expansion, Whitemud is now a vertically integrated company that has control over all resources required to estimate, manage, design, fabricate and construct steel structures. Our ambitious growth also recently allowed us to expand our business into the U.K. and Philippines.
For more information about Whitemud, please visit our website at www.whitemud.com. Come work for a proven winner with an exciting future!
About the Opportunity
Whitemud has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for Structural Steel and Plate Fitters to join our dynamic fabrication team. This is a full-time, permanent position located at our Edmonton North Shop (300, 12345 – 121 Street, Edmonton, AB).
The key duties of this position will include (but will not be limited to):
- Lay out, prepare and assemble structural steel components for commercial, institutional and industrial steel erection projects
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Operate metalworking machines and use cutting torches to cut steel, drill or punch holes, roll, bend, or press steel into a desired shape
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates together to form complete units or sub-units
- Fasten components together by mechanical means or tack weld in preparation for a welder to complete the process
- Follow safe work practices and procedures
The ideal candidate must have 2 years of related work experience with the fabrication of Structural Steel and have the ability to understand and interpret blueprints. Preference will be given to those with a Journeyman Fitter ticket and Registered Apprentices.
Structural Steel and Plate Fitter is a physically demanding position; therefore candidates must also possess the following qualifications:
- Safety conscious
- Good team player
- Have the strength and ability to lift items in excess of 50 lbs.
- Is able to comply with drug & alcohol requirements
About the Benefits
Whitemud is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
Whitemud will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.);
- Pension plan guaranteed company contribution and matching;
- Paid sick leave of up to 5 days
Please submit your resume to humanresources @ wiworks.ca via email or to (780) 463-5831 via fax.