- Join a rapidly growing organization, providing you with opportunities to advance!
- Work in a dynamic environment with great co-workers and supervisors alike!
- Be a part of a company that is committed to investing in people and creating dynamic, rewarding employment experiences!
Whitemud Ironworks Group is a fully integrated steel fabricator and erector that specializes in structural and miscellaneous steel projects. As a group of three companies, Whitemud is well positioned to serve the Western Canada market with established construction crews and three fabrication facilities located in Edmonton, AB and Surrey, BC, totaling over 100,000 square feet. After 20 years of continuous expansion, Whitemud is now a vertically integrated company that has control over all resources required to estimate, manage, design, fabricate and construct steel structures. Our ambitious growth also recently allowed us to expand our business into the U.K. and the Philippines.
For more information about Whitemud, please visit our website at www.whitemud.com. Come work for a proven winner with an exciting future!
About the Opportunity
Whitemud has an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for an HR Recruiter to join our dynamic Human Resources team. This is a full-time temporary position located in our Edmonton Head Office (#300, 8170 – 50 Street NW, Edmonton, AB). The duration of this position is for a 6 month period with the possibility of extension or a permanent position for the right candidate.
The key duties of this position will include (but will not be limited to):
- Coordinate and direct employment inquiries and resumes in a professional manner
- Source candidate for Trade positions through appropriate job boards and websites, contacting referrals and networking
- Assess individual applicants to identify the most ideal candidates for recruitment through pre-screening, interviews, reference checks and verification of work experience and credentials
- Processing employee start papers and ensuring personnel files are up to date
- Contribute to the creative development of job advertisements
- Participate in industry networking and career fairs when required
- Complete other related recruitment and HR duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years direct trades recruiting experience, preferably within the construction industry. Post-secondary education in Human Resources would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- Familiar with the construction business and tradespersons networks in Western Canada
- Comprehensive knowledge of recruitment principles, practices and legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities which may shift
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate with applicants and staff at all levels of the organization
- Experience with Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Class 5 driver’s license would be considered an asset
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) would be an asset
Please submit your resume to humanresources @ wiworks.ca via email or to (780) 463-5831 via fax.