WhiteWater brings the fun as The ORIGINAL Waterpark & Attractions Company. Since 1980, WhiteWater has grown from a successful waterpark operation into a thriving designer and manufacturer of ORIGINAL attractions. WhiteWater’s team is ORIGINAL, seriously fun and innovative. They think outside-the-pool, create the newest, coolest attractions and supply the world’s most memorable, ‘WOW that made my day!’ experiences! Headquartered in Richmond, BC, WhiteWater West Industries Ltd. has over 30 years of award-winning expertise, 550+ employees and 20 offices worldwide.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a business casual dress code, collaborative, open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.
Perform packaging, material handling, cleanup and other elemental activities in processing, manufacturing and utilities. Responsible for crating, wrapping, staging and coordinating of AquaPlay products. The Packager is a key role ensuring accurate completeness of shipping requirements. The Packager will also move and stage material. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The Packager will be responsible for the following:
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Usage of Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures
- Clean work areas and equipment
- 5S cleaning, organizing, sustaining Shipping Department
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities.
- When necessary take on other tasks to ensure production deadlines are met
- Assist in controlling production costs by ensuring proper maintenance of equipment and effective use of consumables.
- Participate in weekly department meeting
- Participate in department training
- Responsible for safety, ensuring best practices are followed
- Continuous improvement of self
- Respect for people with communication, consideration and cooperation
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Work overtime when required
- Other duties as required
- Define and align goals with departmental goals then ensure regular performance feedback is completed through formal performance reviews every twelve months
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Willingness to contribute to a safe work environment by following all Company health and safety rules and policies
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. repeatedly on a daily basis
- Exposure to Lean and 5S manufacturing preferred
- Basic understanding of Kanban and inventory systems.
- WHMIS Training preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Minimum of High School Education
- Experience with hand tools, saws and nailers is an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Reasonably good communication skills
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and oral) and collaborate
- Be willing & able to follow processes, procedures and/or instructions from supervisor or lead hand
- Self-motivated with the ability and stay on task with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and contribute to a creative, fun and positive team environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic
There is an immediate opening - applications are being reviewed as received
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “Packager” in the subject line of your email.
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this position!
More information about this and other roles at www.WhiteWaterWest.com/careers.html