White Spot Employee Reviews

More like working with your best friends.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC2 May 2017
This unit worked as a family. We knew how the others thought and where a tight nit group.
Awesome managment who kept their employees up to date on all changes.
Sad to see this location go.
Fast paced, fun working environment
Host, Expeditor, Bartender, Server, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 April 2017
Fun, fast paced hospitality environment requiring exceptional customer service experience. Friendly staff, great management, wage is average, lots of room to grow with the team!
Good To work with
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
Good Company to work with. Awesome people! Staff are very friendly and they are very accommodating in terms of work environment. Easy to work and communicate with your managers or supervisor
Not the best place to work at.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 April 2017
I had a terrible experience working here. I was over loaded with tasks and was taken advantage of because i was so young. The head cook showed little to no respect towards me. I was supposed to apprentice under him, but he decided shortly after hiring me, that he did not want to anymore. 2 of the 4 managers liked me and helped me as much as they could along the way
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Enjoyable
Hostess/Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC8 April 2017
While working at White Spot (hostess/bartender/server), I've inherited multiple traits. I've learned how to multi-task and communicate with customers extremely well. The staff treated me exceptionally well and so was the overall environment.
To the Old Boston Pizza that is no more.
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
It was a great place to work. there was always regulars in the bar or the lounge. A lot of the staff not only had great working relationships,but they also had great friendships outside of work as well.
It was a great opportunity to start from a server their with no prior experience to eventually work my way up to a management position that played a strong role in the front of house operations.
The hardest part about the job was knowing that it was shutting down and that in order to still work close to where I lived at the time I would have to switch jobs.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
2 other Boston Pizzas within a 5 minute drive in either direction
it was lackluster
Line cook & closer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 April 2017
The staff was nice but the management was not the best pay was missed a lot as well as some other minor issues including fixing hours and the people they hired were very lazy
Pros
half off food
Cons
Manegment
bad management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC7 March 2017
the manager was impossible to work with and never helped me in my job or simply pushed me out of the way. Training was non existent so I left to go to a call centre job.
Pros
food discount
Cons
dealing with the manager
Very nice management .
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 February 2017
I am doing early morning shift. 40hr week . Some time so much to do my coworkers not help good then I have to stay more time to finish the rest of work. So I don't want to be a like that. Money wise.
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
8hr or more
Productive and fun workplace
Server, Hostess, Food Runner and Take Outs (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC10 February 2017
Takes food and beverage orders, places orders, delivers orders, checks back after delivery of food to ensure guest satisfaction, observes guests to respond to any additional needs
Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checks drink levels, removes clutter and provides adequate napkins, etc
Presents check for payment and provides change as needed
Follows the company's customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station tables appropriately
great place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 February 2017
you can make a lot in tips and the people are very nice, get a doount on food which is very nice. every body is friendly and can get days off easitly
Pros
great food
Cons
very busy
Service Manager/Server
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 January 2017
I've been working here for over 3 years and I feel comfortable and secure in my job. I find the hours flexible and I had no problem working around my schedule while I was attending university.
Pros
flexible hours
Fast paced restaurant with lots of turnover
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Walnut Grove, BC24 January 2017
Maintaining order within the restaurant
Interacting with customers
Lots of cleaning
Okay management
Good hours
Tips are a plus
Opportunity to move up in positions
Good for summer job
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC4 January 2017
Fun atmosphere, nice people, easy work, fair pay.
General Manager- rude and constantly angry, very unfriendly, pretty much ruined the whole experience.
Pros
Free meal and unlimited free drinks
Cons
Inconsistent hours
This was an amazing place to work at.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 November 2016
Great management
Awesome people to work with
Many different types of people
Everyone I worked with had very positive attitudes
I learned how to prep certain foods
Pros
anytime i needed time off they had no problem with it
Cons
hours were either too high or to low
good first job. not a career.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 November 2016
The job is easy but you are forced to work overtime when its busy and you have no say. The management doesn't care about your life style as in they can force you to work and they don't care if you request days off they only wanna benefit there business and not your life.
A great challenge, however beneficial.
Head Grill (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC21 October 2016
I learned a lot working here from my own attitude to managing a team. The management was very cruel at times depending on the manager during the shift. I learned to deal with it so we could get through high volume services. The kitchen staff always varied from lazy to caring. The serving staff was not managed well and during high volume times they would take all of their tables orders before running anything into the systems causing a whiteout that wasn't necessary. Criticism aside I did like m team; they listened to my leadership and we survived. The hardest part of this job was the poor management; from the abuse to lack of control it made my job as the head cook a struggle some nights. The best part of my job was training young cooks and seeing them do great work and be part of the team.
Pros
Experience in training and managing a team.
Cons
Poor management and poor pay.
Nice place to work, not good people
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2016
Decent place to work, decent food, and a decent location, but self righteous customers who have an attitude seemingly being entitled to things right when they want, management who isn't objective enough, and immature colleagues made this place more of a burden to go to than an enjoyable place.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
The people that work there are awesome and the management is very nice and helpful. Sometimes its difficult to keep a cool level head with some customers, also is a fun place to work.
Good workplace but managment is lacking
Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC7 September 2016
The people that work there are amazing but the management definitely needs some improvement. it was a good place to work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Spot. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval