White Spot Employee Reviews

Fast paced job, great team atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Learned problem solving skills with both staff and guests. Assisted and trained staff in all areas of the restaurant. In charge of all inventory management.
Cons
high stress environment.
great place to start
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 16, 2016
good place to start, easy kitchen to learn, strong staff
good pay. long hours on your feet.
job security was good, room for advancement.
na
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCNovember 18, 2015
Enjoyed working and dealing with guests
The staff was good to work with
enjoyed the food
Work was close to home so it was a short commute
fun and the hours went quickly
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCNovember 11, 2015
Loved working with the White Spot Family. I gained experience working with computerized food ordering system. Great atmosphere and a place I take my family to eat often
Pros
great staff
Cons
slow days were very slow
Fun and Very Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2015
My Favorite part was serving the customers and providing them with the best customer service. I made sure my customers always left with a smile. It was nice to see regular customers coming back.The food is also very delicious at White Spot.
hard place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 26, 2015
Decent work place with bad mangaement. Very hard to get a wage increase due to the fact the establishment is cheap.
Long hours may even be extended through the night in order to close kitchen.
Pros
food
Cons
managment and long hours
Comfortable work environment with friendly, helpful staff
Host (Former Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 18, 2015
Starting between the breakfast and lunch rushes made the mornings fast passed. I'd need to switch over the menus, help servers clear and set their sections all while greeting and seating guests and answering the phone to take travel orders. Management would be flitting between the front and back of house depending on where they were needed most throughout the day. The transition between lunch and dinner service was very similar but brought a younger, more lively staff, higher volume of people and more energetic work environment.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the flow that the entire staff had with each other, the front staff and kitchen staff listened and worked together to make sure guests had the best experience possible.
The hardest part about this job would have to be knowing the difference between maintaining restaurant policy and being flexible with guests. It could get confusing when something was acceptable once but not every time and likewise when something was unacceptable or not.
Good start up highschool/post-secondary job
Carhop (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaJuly 16, 2015
"Customers are always right" policy will screw you over sometimes.
Good job while you're going to school, flexible hours, however the money is a give and take in terms of tips. Have to be detailed oriented when taking orders and knowledgable about the menu in order to do well.
Pros
Free non-alcoholic drinks, 15% employee discount at other locations
Cons
Money (tips) are never guranteed
Fun and productive
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  nananimo bc WoodgroveMay 5, 2015
I loved working at this job, the staff is very polite and helpful. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful on the job. The hardest part was not spending time with my family when I was almost working 7 days a week. But it was all worth it and learning everything everyday.
Pros
Having breaks
Cons
Having some other person taking my shift when I done them a favor by taking theres when needed
Great enviroment
Hostess/ Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Surrey BC PanoramaApril 30, 2015
As a hostess I greet and seat people. I have my side duties (bussing tables, rolls ups, wiping menus, etc.) I have learned a lot working here at white spot, from leadership to great customer service skills. Working here is great and a fun environment. The hardest part i would probably say is when the restaurant gets busy and when customers get frustrated, but in the end i always manage that situation well. The most part i enjoy about this job is meeting ne people and interacting with them.
FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCApril 27, 2015
As a restaurant manager, I was responsible for making sure the shifts ran smoothly.
Helping servers when it got busy or jumping in the kitchen to assist and help them catch up.
It was personally a very rewarding career, very much enjoyed my staff and customers.
Just needed something with higher pay.
Pros
Free lunch for managers
Cons
long hours, very high repsonsibility
Good First Job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, British ColumbiaApril 23, 2015
Depending on the shift you would prep setting tables, curtains, ice, salt and pepper, bathrooms.
Had to talk to lots of people always smiling.
Difficult part is when people would decide which table to sit at and it threw off the cycle
Not boring usually. When its slow its boring. Nothing to do.
getting tips was nice
Pros
one free meal each shift
Cons
long standing hours, physically demanding
great people
Host (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMarch 16, 2015
My day consisted of greeting customers as they entered the restaurant and bringing them to an appropriate table and bringing them their drink orders. I was also in charge of taking take-out orders and preparing them. Keeping the tables and entire restaurant clean was another duty of mine.
I was even "promoted" to helping out busy servers meaning that I served autonomously several tables (I was supposed to be training to become a server myself but I moved to Edmonton to study at the university there).
The only downside of working there was the constant fluctuation of waves upon waves of customers entering followed by quietness of only a couple customers entering, although this was also a nice way to alleviate the stress.
Pros
meeting many new people
Cons
fluctuation of stress and quietness
Hard working individual
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 10, 2015
Most enjoyable part about working at whitespot are the people you work with. If you have a great team then your job will be fun. Also the time will fly at work. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with your own orders and running to get other peoples supplies.
Very friendly environment with amazing people
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Walnut Grove, BCMarch 4, 2015
At work everything goes in a normal fashion. For me, I do dishwashing and I am also a hostess. For dishwashing, I wear my white coat, dishwashing apron and hair net. I then go and wash the dishes, put them away and help the kitchen with whatever they may need.
In my job as a hostess, I wear my hostess uniform and help clean tables, greet guests and take them to their tables, help the servers, and clean anything that looks messy.
Pros
free drinks and discount on food
Cons
gets very busy at times
Good First Job
Busser/Food runner (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 23, 2015
I believe it is a very good first job because you are able to learn how to work fast and able to learn what it feels like to be under pressure. White Spot has taught me a lot and gave me very good work experience.
Pros
65% off meals and a good work environment with good people
Cons
little hours
Productive workplace.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2015
An amazing work environment. Managers and employees are very supportive and enthusiastic.

You learn to be efficient in a fast paced workplace and become better at juggling more than one task at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers especially when they are funny because those people turn your day around.
Pros
free food.
Cons
stressfull moments
Easy tasks and very productive.
Hostess & Room Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Mornings are usually busy and then it slows down after 1pm until about dinner time around 5-6pm. I learned how to do room service for the first time. As for co-workers and management, I didn't mind them but had some issues personally with one of the managers. Hardest part was collecting all the room service trays on every floor because you have to do many trips back and forth with a heavy cart. I enjoyed it because I made some friends there which made it easier to work there.
Backbones are highly recommended.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCJanuary 12, 2015
I am a very polite lady and I like to feel mutual respect from bosses, employees, and serve our guests to the best of our ability.

Sometimes people just aren't 'mean' like they're expected to be...

-A typical day at work: Tense feelings everywhere, long days, no life.
-What I learned: How to do Cash Deposits, check lists, delivered food to unhappy guests a couple times, and helped in different areas through out the day. Mostly dishes though.
-My co-workers: Some were awesome most were fake; Some of them appeared to believe in team work and some treated the new managers ignorantly .
The rules are differerent compared to Houston Pizza Normanview - an awesome place to work...
- The hardest part of the job was: Cooking. I never was a fan of cooking...
-The enjoyable part of the day: 3-5 pm The first rush is over during my 10-7 or 11-8 shift. Dinner set-up looks good and I like the feeling at 4 pm when guests start arriving to eat dinner.
Restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 19, 2014
Good restaurant with amazing people. I could learn fantastic skills.