White Spot

White Spot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great enviroment
Hostess/ Food Runner (Current Employee), Surrey BC PanoramaApril 30, 2015
As a hostess I greet and seat people. I have my side duties (bussing tables, rolls ups, wiping menus, etc.) I have learned a lot working here at white spot, from leadership to great customer service skills. Working here is great and a fun environment. The hardest part i would probably say is when the restaurant gets busy and when customers get frustrated, but in the end i always manage that situation well. The most part i enjoy about this job is meeting ne people and interacting with them.
FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Penticton, BCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for managers
Cons: long hours, very high repsonsibility
As a restaurant manager, I was responsible for making sure the shifts ran smoothly.
Helping servers when it got busy or jumping in the kitchen to assist and help them catch up.
It was personally a very rewarding career, very much enjoyed my staff and customers.
Just needed something with higher pay.
Good First Job
Hostess (Former Employee), Coquitlam, British ColumbiaApril 23, 2015
Pros: one free meal each shift
Cons: long standing hours, physically demanding
Depending on the shift you would prep setting tables, curtains, ice, salt and pepper, bathrooms.
Had to talk to lots of people always smiling.
Difficult part is when people would decide which table to sit at and it threw off the cycle
Not boring usually. When its slow its boring. Nothing to do.
getting tips was nice
great people
Host (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: meeting many new people
Cons: fluctuation of stress and quietness
My day consisted of greeting customers as they entered the restaurant and bringing them to an appropriate table and bringing them their drink orders. I was also in charge of taking take-out orders and preparing them. Keeping the tables and entire restaurant clean was another duty of mine.
I was even "promoted" to helping out busy servers meaning that I served autonomously several tables (I was supposed to be training to become a server myself but I moved to Edmonton to study at the university there).
The only downside of working there was the constant fluctuation of waves upon waves of customers entering followed by quietness of only a couple customers entering, although this was also a nice way to alleviate the stress.
Hard working individual
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 10, 2015
Most enjoyable part about working at whitespot are the people you work with. If you have a great team then your job will be fun. Also the time will fly at work. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with your own orders and running to get other peoples supplies.
Very friendly environment with amazing people
Hostess (Current Employee), Walnut Grove, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free drinks and discount on food
Cons: gets very busy at times
At work everything goes in a normal fashion. For me, I do dishwashing and I am also a hostess. For dishwashing, I wear my white coat, dishwashing apron and hair net. I then go and wash the dishes, put them away and help the kitchen with whatever they may need.
In my job as a hostess, I wear my hostess uniform and help clean tables, greet guests and take them to their tables, help the servers, and clean anything that looks messy.
Good First Job
Busser/Food runner (Current Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: 65% off meals and a good work environment with good people
Cons: little hours
I believe it is a very good first job because you are able to learn how to work fast and able to learn what it feels like to be under pressure. White Spot has taught me a lot and gave me very good work experience.
Productive workplace.
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free food.
Cons: stressfull moments
An amazing work environment. Managers and employees are very supportive and enthusiastic.

You learn to be efficient in a fast paced workplace and become better at juggling more than one task at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers especially when they are funny because those people turn your day around.
Easy tasks and very productive.
Hostess & Room Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Mornings are usually busy and then it slows down after 1pm until about dinner time around 5-6pm. I learned how to do room service for the first time. As for co-workers and management, I didn't mind them but had some issues personally with one of the managers. Hardest part was collecting all the room service trays on every floor because you have to do many trips back and forth with a heavy cart. I enjoyed it because I made some friends there which made it easier to work there.
Backbones are highly recommended.
MANAGER (Former Employee), Penticton, BCJanuary 12, 2015
I am a very polite lady and I like to feel mutual respect from bosses, employees, and serve our guests to the best of our ability.

Sometimes people just aren't 'mean' like they're expected to be...

-A typical day at work: Tense feelings everywhere, long days, no life.
-What I learned: How to do Cash Deposits, check lists, delivered food to unhappy guests a couple times, and helped in different areas through out the day. Mostly dishes though.
-My co-workers: Some were awesome most were fake; Some of them appeared to believe in team work and some treated the new managers ignorantly .
The rules are differerent compared to Houston Pizza Normanview - an awesome place to work...
- The hardest part of the job was: Cooking. I never was a fan of cooking...
-The enjoyable part of the day: 3-5 pm The first rush is over during my 10-7 or 11-8 shift. Dinner set-up looks good and I like the feeling at 4 pm when guests start arriving to eat dinner.
Restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 19, 2014
Good restaurant with amazing people. I could learn fantastic skills.
Fun and lots of advancement but poor wages
LINE COOK & PREP COOK (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: cheap staff meals, enjoyable staff and understanding management
Cons: short shifts, high stress environment and poor wages
A typical day at White Spot would consist of Line station set up, lunch/ dinner rush, then Line station close. Organization is crucial for success on the job. Management is fairly understanding but occasionally lackluster and slow to act. Wonderful people, very entertaining and very amusing characters in the work place. Hardest part about the job is handling the stressful situations and hours that come with working in a kitchen. Most enjoyable part of the job is actually preparing dishes without the pressure of the dinner or lunch rush.
High stress work environment, Warm atmosphere for guests
Hostess (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: 50% off food 30 minutes before and after a shift, short shifts
Cons: stressful atmosphere, management wasn't very helpful or understanding
A typical shift at white spot was very hectic and stressful. The duties were simple but the pace you had to do everything at was painfully fast. Tasks are often also stacked on top of each other and we are expected to do two or three all at once. When being a beginner, it was especially hard. I learned how to use seating sections, the appropriate attitude to use towards the guests and also, I learned basic skills needed to work in a restaurant setting. Management had very high expectations for the newer workers and didn't seem to offer much motivation. They also didn't seem to be very professional to my understanding. My co-workers (fellow hostesses) were very warm and welcoming. The servers and managers weren't as much. The hardest part of the job was working all by myself in very stressful situations that I was not generally prepared for. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping guests and being around families. I have a sharp passion for helping people have a good time and being a part of that happy environment.
Life at White Spot
Various Positions (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 3, 2014
(Line Cook: plate dishes and deep fry foods (fish and chip, calamari, etc.)
(Fountain: make drinks/milkshakes, mini appetizers and desserts)
(Expediter: assemble and plate the dishes in an organized manner in correlation with the servers

Fast paced and exciting environment. Organized and we worked as a unit. Management was professional and smart. Co-workers were disciplined and cooperative. Hardest part of the job was if mistakes were made, the kitchen is pushed back on timing; thus, affecting everyone. Most enjoyable part was that they promoted excitement and fun while being efficient in plating design.
yes table tennis is nice
Hostess (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2014
Pros: 60% off in the meal
Cons: long hours standing
The work was very funny. I had good time.
The customers were always polite and the employee was very helpful.
I learned many new words and how to make drinks.
The hardest part of the job was when is not busy because we don't have customer.
heard working
PREP COOK (Former Employee), vernonMarch 18, 2014
willing to learn and good at what i learn and fast pasty worker as well
great job
Head Server (Former Employee), Maple RidgeNovember 14, 2013
White Spot is a great place to work, A typical day at work was mainly spent serving guests and interacting with fellow staff, Management was excellent to work with. We worked great together and i would run shifts often on my own or with them, Co workers were great its like having a small family. The Hardest part of the job is when the Restaurant got slammed and I would have to Multi task quickly and be precise, The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy all day long.
Great Place
Dishwasher & Food Prep (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 7, 2013
Pros: got short brakes and could have a free lunch while sitting in a booth.
Cons: employee bathroom was broken for a bit and took longer than it should have to get fixed.
White Spot had a great working atmosphere, everyone communicated well. Potential dangers were always clearly stated to me such as hot dishes that i would have to clean. i learnt fast and safe cutting techniques. Keeping up with the steady flow of dirty dishes would get difficult but i would always pull through. The best part of the job was everyone got along and would even hangout after work.
Fun and fast paced environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Parksville, BCSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough staff and incentive from the managers
A typical day at work was at times stressful but I tend to like that sort of environment as it causes people to work harder and faster to get the job done. All of my co workers were amazing to work with, management on the other hand could have been a bit more into their job.
Im a cook in the kitchen.
(Fry) Cook in the kitchen (Current Employee), BurnabyJune 26, 2013
a typical day at work would be , I com in get dressed wash my hands and start setting up my station so that the shift runs smoothly.
for the shift to run smoothly I need to prep items and get ahead of clean up. also I always need to stay focused so I don't mess up the orders.
I've learned how to pay more attention to detail and to move quickly and get things done efficiently.
the management is very helpful and understanding.
the co-workers are amazing and real fun to work with. some of the most funniest people I've come across.
the hardest parts are during rush hours, when I have to memorize orders in my head and get them done in time, but im good with it now.
the best part of the job is knowing that what I make and serve is being enjoyed by someone out there and it gives me satisfaction and makes me keep striving to do my best.