White House Black Market

White House Black Market Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun job with a great discount!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJune 29, 2015
Pros: Cleanliness, commisson, and discount
Cons: Benefits, compensation
WHBM was a great job while I was going to college. They offer flexible hours to allow for work/life balance. The benefits could have been better due to the size of the organization, and annual increases were not inline with cost of living increases. The customers make the job fun, the discount is wonderful, and the job duties are pretty straight forward.
Professional and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2015
Arriving to work, once clocked in, they give you the numbers that is need or expected to be made for that day. Being that it is a retail store there are days where business is slow and then others where business is fast paced. I learned how to think like a manager would for the business and for the store. Setting realistic goals to where we are about to have a very productive day while pushing ourselves.I also learned how to maintain a great positive attitude throughout and difficult day. Leaving my domestic problems at home and not bringing them to work. I have improved tremendously on problem solving and face-to-face interactions with customers.However the hardest part of the day would be trying to maintain good individual statistics for the day. Management is really good about working around my schedule and teaching you new things if you are will to learn. They do believe in communication skills and helping you progress. Co-worker are very friendly, loving to have fun but also get work done while doing so.
Great work experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), White House Black MarketJune 25, 2015
Great management team. Upbeat and positive work place. I loved everything I learned and continued to learn. I have an amazing team to work with.
Summer
Cashier, Stock, Inventory, Retail (Current Employee), Buffalo ,NYJune 19, 2015
Honestly this wasnt one of my happiest jobs because i cleaned up garbage and during the time i was in high school so i didnt make that much money
Not much to do...
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 17, 2015
As an associate, there really wasn't much to do. They barely had any hours or customers in the store. During holiday it was still slow. There clothes are very expensive and we got a 40% employee discount.
Productive learning environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good management, manager cares about her employees.
Typical Day at Work: team meeting with managers to review our daily goal for the day and week. As well as ones' own goal for the day while pleasing the customers and satisfying their needs.

A lot of customer interaction and communication.
Nice place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 13, 2015
Good place to work and learn for people new in the retail industry.
Specialty sales, must feel comfortable with high end sales.
Micro managed
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), missouriJune 7, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: pay rate
great hours, great discount, low pay, high turnover, great customers, great employees, too much focus on how many footsteps enter door, and not enough about the customer true experience as a consumer
fun and beautiful clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland OregonJune 3, 2015
Pros: fun and thriving store
Cons: min pay and hours
 Developed new outfits and fashion tips for our customers.
 Thrived in a fast pace and competitive work place.
 Exhibited high organization skills
 Team player outlook
production skills
Lead Coordinator (Former Employee), Troy, MIMay 31, 2015
Pros: free lunch if we met our goals as a store
this is a good places to work you learn a lot from this company .easy work schedule mange is nice give u opportunity to move up
Wonderful Company
Cashier (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMay 28, 2015
The people that I had worked with were very acknowledgeable about their merchandise and also knew exactly what customers were looking for! Very friendly coworkers and the company is a renowned!
Challenging and interactive work place
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaMay 27, 2015
I have enjoyed working at White House Black Market because it has challenged me to try new things. I have been given different responsibilities and challenges throughout my time there and have come out a more well rounded employee.
"Rule by Fear"colors working environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Some of the associates actually speak English
Cons: Back stabbing commission environment
The take away impression is a mismanaged, unfocused organization where everyone lies to cover their mistakes and shortcomings. Incompetent, disorganized and weak managers head most stores and are supported by underpaid assistants who produce results and receive no credit or compensation. Housekeepers have a higher hourly rate. The commission structure coupled with the coupons extended to the customers ensures that bonuses are next to unattainable and in the end sales associates make 1% in bonus. I do not recommend working in this negative environment.
Fun employers and great discounts
Stock person/Cashier (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: nice clothes, nice atmosphere
Cons: expensive clothes, small store
Working here is very fun and the starting pay rate is pretty decent as well. The clothes are spectacular and the employee discount is fantastic.
awesome management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corona, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: amazing employees and employers
Open the store make sure all clothes are sized and on the correct racks, greet customers and help them pick out outfits as they show. Assist customers in the fitting rooms recommending shoes and other items. pick up items out of place throughout the day and do inventory in the back when new product comes in. Management was amazing always positive and smiling and the co workers were the same. The hardest part of this job was knowing which kind of clothing fit which shape. The mot enjoyable part of this job was the friendships built with the coworkers.
WHBM
Sales Support/Cashier (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMay 19, 2015
It is a good starting job. Not much experience is needed. The workers there are friendly and helpful. Your responsibilities are helping the sales people, keeping the store organized, and checking people out at the register.
Greta company to wokr for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2015
company is really concerned about each and every employee. really is the "best place to work" as they advertise upon employment. does a great job of teaching employees proper professional settign skills
Great reputation, life-long friends
Sales and Visual Lead (Former Employee), IowaMay 13, 2015
Lots of work, but well worth it. Made life-long friends and memories. Experienced incredible events and atmospheres.
Friendly setting and great place to hone management technique
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TexasMay 12, 2015
WHBM is a wonderful place to work where you are able to grow as a manager at your own pace. Upper management takes the time to train and assist other managers as they progress in their position. Friendly environment where everyone cares about their fellow coworkers.
Great Place to learn
Part time sale (Current Employee), Ardmore PaMay 6, 2015
At White House Black Market, I got a chance to learn about the retail market. Along with how to do a floor set. They are passionate about there customers and to give them the best customer experience as possible. I love learning about fashion and am eager to learn more about it.

1 2 3 4 5