White House Black Market

White House Black Market Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work at
Support Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 23, 2015
everyone i work with is nice and very helpful when it comes to asking for help. i enjoy working here and enjoy spending time with all my coworkers
Great Environment and Fun Co-Workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
Fun and fast-paced work environment
Flexible scheduling
Lots of communication with customers and co-workers

Workflow can slow down at times, but there is always something to work on.
N/A
Style Consultant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 20, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: competition
N/A. I would recommended unless the person is seeking a management position, they should not apply. The atmosphere at WHBM is dependent on who is the Store Manager. I enjoyed my co-workers and only one of the Managers.
Fast Paced, Design Environment, Researching and Designing for Upcoming seasons.
Assistant Designer (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 15, 2015
Daily Communication Emails with the vendor.
Positive and Happy Team Environment
Designing and Researching for future Seasons Deliveries
Presenting New Ideas and Designs for each Delivery
Working on outfitting while designing with cross functional design teams.
Working on Denim Washes/ Building Wash Ranges
Developing new designs fitting for our customers and their feedback
Developing New Fits to expand our customers Wardrobe.
Working with Trim suppliers on developing specialty trim
Developing and researching into new fabrications
Presenting Product Line to Executive team

Hardest Part of my Job is reworking product designs last min with no directions of where is needed/ wanted to go.

Most Enjoyable part of my Job is having design styles in stores and listening to the customers feedback. Always presents itself with new things to learn and new ways to grow!
Difficult to work with an entire staff of young women.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), San Marcos, TexasApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good hours and good pay rate.
Cons: Bonuses never accomplished.
Reviewing daily numbers and metrics of associates.
Guaranteed daily sales accomplished.
Difficult being the only male in a store full of young women.
Upper management does not intervene with disputes.
Store manager very difficult to work with.
Fun, friendly environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: Friendly, good hours, flexible schedule
Cons: not reaching our potential
A typical day involves friendly customers and staff. I learn more about whats going on in the store. The managers do get along well, and the co-workers brighten up the day as well. the hardest part is making sure everything meets up to the standards of the district managers. But i enjoy going to work and interacting with the customers and staff.
needs better management training and oversight.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: fun customers
Cons: competitive, each out for themselves environment.
Nice place to work, too competitive as far as sales bonuses. i would prefer to not have to fight for sales. Management needs more extensive training and team building experience. More district Management oversight would be helpful.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hingham, MAMarch 31, 2015
I have advanced in many social and selling skills from White House Black Market. I have also made life long friends with my co-workers through the great working environment.
Great company
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 17, 2015
Great company to work for where the customer is always first, also great discounts. Management was directive and everyone knew what they were doing.
Professional Boutique Establishment
Sales Stylist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: employee discount, and trying on new clothes to see how wardrobe looks and feels before selling to potential customer.
I learned how to be a strong suggestive seller at the cash wrap with each and every customer on a daily basis. I learned how to work in Commission Sales and make meeting my sales goal each time rewarding and exciting. My co- workers were an excellent team to be apart of, we all cheered and rooted each other that we could be our best everyday with each and every customer, it made it a very fun fast paced environment to work in and be apart of.
Productive and Hands-on Work Environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 14, 2015
An excellent place to work if you are looking for more of a personal shopper role. Great quality in clothing and an excellent management team.
worst company ever due to the bully district manager
Manager (Current Employee), virginiaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: discount and the ladies i work with
Cons: upper management, micro managing, no growth, no real leadership, company is cheap
This is a great company to work for if you're a stay at home mom or just want to have fun because if not you will never make any real money. They make it seem like such a great opportunity when you apply. Then they tell you can make this if you do this but in reality you end up killing yourself for a skewed commision system and pay scale. On top of that you have upper managers( regional/district) that are "BULLIES." The Dm is a poor excuse of a manager and should be leading by example. Instead she will make you feel less of yourself. This company is suppose to be about making women feel beautiful but instead its run by beautiful women with bad attitudes. Or at least the ones in NORTHERN VIRGINIA are.
Fun place to work but problems with retention.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2015
White House Black Market is a fun place to work in and provides opportunities to learn and grown within the customer service industry. It is very enjoyable to work with clients and earn bonuses while in the upbeat and fast paced environment. They also provide very competitive benefits packages. The hardest part is dealing with a high rate of turnover in associates and management, leading to inflexible scheduling, being required to work double shifts, and an unstable environment for the employees.
Good experience to have
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 9, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: managment
It was an alright place to work. The women I worked with were friendly and fun but the manager I had was avoidant and unprofessional. It was also impossible to get any direct contact with any higher management. I worked there for roughly a year and I never met our general manager. Also moving up at my location was difficult to say the least. I was offered a chance at promotion and then it was taken off the table for reasons that were never discussed with me. The worst thing about working there was how much we were hounded about our individual numbers. It put stress on every sale we did. The best thing about working there was days we got new shipment to freshen up the store. Overall it was a good experience to have, but not something I would want to do again.
Making Syd feel beautiful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 1, 2015
Opening and closing the store, visual manager. Customer Service, giving every customer the best experience. Metrics and hitting store and personal goals.
Fast paced and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: friendly workers, always busy
Cons: 8 hour shifts in heels
White House Black Market is a a great place to work. The other ladies are super friendly and you get to play dress-up with your customers/clients. Toughest part of the job would probably be the environment's fast pace setting.
Productive professional workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
About the company

Building client base
Connecting with customers
Positive work environment
Great management
Great co-workers within the company
Happy customers
Wonderful company
Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: wondferful staff and upper management
Cons: hours
Working a WHBM was one of the best learning experiences I've had during my career. I was able to grow as an individual and learn how to help motivate, train and develop my staff in a productive and respectful environment. During my time here I was responsible for achieving sales goals, recruiting associates, scheduling and payroll among many other daily duties. The hardest part of this position were the hours and not having a work/life balance. As for the most enjoyable part would have to be working with such a diverse group of people and building lasting relationships with my coworkers and customers.
Productive work place
Lead sales Asst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: low pay
-Typical day open and close store
- I learned how to handle up-scale clients
-Management was great
-Co-workers were great
-Hardest part of job none
-most enjoyable part of job everything
Small Buisness Atmosphere
Asst Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: style and fashion
Cons: needs better comunication between upper managerment and staff
Handel all daily operations, I learned things about style and fashion,
management needed to communicate more effective, coworkers were very nice and encouraging, hardest part of job was being the only male in a female environment.

1 2 3 4 5