White House Black Market Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
snobby
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
horrible environment. the company makes you feel like youre important but the pressure on you to make sales and the way customers treat you is appalling. they said we worked with hourly wage plus commissions but no one ever received their commissions.
Pros
location in the mall
Cons
lack of professionalism
Love where I work but can be very stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 August 2016
Fun place to work customers are great and you learn new techniques of selling with each interaction. High levels of training are given throughout management team at store level so you are trained in every aspect of your business and how to find where your wins and losses are throughout the day.
Pros
The customers
Cons
District Manager brings negativity to the store
Great Workplace with a Well-Trained Staff Who are Passionate About Fashion
LEAD STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2016
This company is a well-established brand that hires people who are excited and educated on fashion. The clientele is mainly professional working women who are very confident in their fashion choices. The manager is very experienced in retail management. She masterfully creates a professional work environment that is both fun and productive. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the clients to create dynamic outfits.
Pros
Great workplace environment
Cons
Few hours during slow seasons
Helped me grow in customer service
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
Working at White House Black Market taught me the importance of making personal connections with customers to create lifelong relationships and therefore have customers that continue to return and buy the product. I met one of my absolute best friends while working there, she was one of my co-workers, and the other employees were truly enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job is definitely keeping busy when there aren't many people in the store, because as a sales associate we are constantly told to help customers first, as we have support to do most things like folding and cashing out.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2015
White House Black Market is very different to other retail stores that I have worked at. The environment is very different, however very friendly and open. It is a boutique, very warm, and welcoming. A typical day at work would be working with all the other ladies to welcome our guests to the store and making sure she has the best experience and making sure she walks out not only looking her best, but also feeling her best. At White House, it was essential to make sure our guests FEEL Beautiful throughout their experience within our stores, and that feeling remain as she walks out with our merchandise.
Pros
Team; co-workers, management, flexible scheduling
Cons
Hours, salary
Good group of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto12 October 2015
Enjoy working here! Staff is friendly and I enjoy meeting new people every day. I have built a loyal clientele who return to shop.