White House Black Market

White House Black Market Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful Company
Cashier (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMay 28, 2015
The people that I had worked with were very acknowledgeable about their merchandise and also knew exactly what customers were looking for! Very friendly coworkers and the company is a renowned!
Challenging and interactive work place
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaMay 27, 2015
I have enjoyed working at White House Black Market because it has challenged me to try new things. I have been given different responsibilities and challenges throughout my time there and have come out a more well rounded employee.
"Rule by Fear"colors working environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Some of the associates actually speak English
Cons: Back stabbing commission environment
The take away impression is a mismanaged, unfocused organization where everyone lies to cover their mistakes and shortcomings. Incompetent, disorganized and weak managers head most stores and are supported by underpaid assistants who produce results and receive no credit or compensation. Housekeepers have a higher hourly rate. The commission structure coupled with the coupons extended to the customers ensures that bonuses are next to unattainable and in the end sales associates make 1% in bonus. I do not recommend working in this negative environment.
Fun employers and great discounts
Stock person/Cashier (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: nice clothes, nice atmosphere
Cons: expensive clothes, small store
Working here is very fun and the starting pay rate is pretty decent as well. The clothes are spectacular and the employee discount is fantastic.
awesome management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corona, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: amazing employees and employers
Open the store make sure all clothes are sized and on the correct racks, greet customers and help them pick out outfits as they show. Assist customers in the fitting rooms recommending shoes and other items. pick up items out of place throughout the day and do inventory in the back when new product comes in. Management was amazing always positive and smiling and the co workers were the same. The hardest part of this job was knowing which kind of clothing fit which shape. The mot enjoyable part of this job was the friendships built with the coworkers.
WHBM
Sales Support/Cashier (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMay 19, 2015
It is a good starting job. Not much experience is needed. The workers there are friendly and helpful. Your responsibilities are helping the sales people, keeping the store organized, and checking people out at the register.
Greta company to wokr for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2015
company is really concerned about each and every employee. really is the "best place to work" as they advertise upon employment. does a great job of teaching employees proper professional settign skills
Great reputation, life-long friends
Sales and Visual Lead (Former Employee), IowaMay 13, 2015
Lots of work, but well worth it. Made life-long friends and memories. Experienced incredible events and atmospheres.
Friendly setting and great place to hone management technique
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TexasMay 12, 2015
WHBM is a wonderful place to work where you are able to grow as a manager at your own pace. Upper management takes the time to train and assist other managers as they progress in their position. Friendly environment where everyone cares about their fellow coworkers.
Great Place to learn
Part time sale (Current Employee), Ardmore PaMay 6, 2015
At White House Black Market, I got a chance to learn about the retail market. Along with how to do a floor set. They are passionate about there customers and to give them the best customer experience as possible. I love learning about fashion and am eager to learn more about it.
Changes in the Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great Employee Discount!
Cons: Work/Life Balance
I worked for White House Black Market for four years and was promoted from a sales associate all the way to an assistant store manager. I enjoyed most of my time with the company; however, when the company started to make some changes to the upper level management and on the corporate level, things started to change in my store. We were lacking in management as well as overall staff, so we had to work extra hours to cover the needs of the store. The district manager was telling us to cut hours because we didn't have enough payroll. The district manager didn't see the efforts that our management team was putting in and that made it very hard.

I also noticed a rise in pricing and a decrease in quality of merchandise. (This is a shame, because the quality was always very nice before - you were getting what you were paying for.)
encouraging atmosphere
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXApril 30, 2015
The product ranges are great and easy to sell. Customers are fun and interactive, which is my favourite part of working there. There is good deal of communication from DSM level and it helps us motivate our teams and ourselves.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of working the cash registers, helping customers, replenishing the sales floor, unpacking shipment and steaming clothes, follow-up phone calls with customers. Overall, I like the management and my co-workers were great.
its an alright place
cashier (Former Employee), vaApril 28, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks
Cons: very short breaks
work was not too bad.breaks were not as long as they should be.you can work for 6 hours but only get one 15 minute break. i would not recommend working there.
lot of experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 28, 2015
I had a great time working for white house black market great place to work. would not ask for more. great team always ready to help.
Fun place to work at
Support Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 23, 2015
everyone i work with is nice and very helpful when it comes to asking for help. i enjoy working here and enjoy spending time with all my coworkers
Great Environment and Fun Co-Workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
Fun and fast-paced work environment
Flexible scheduling
Lots of communication with customers and co-workers

Workflow can slow down at times, but there is always something to work on.
N/A
Style Consultant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 20, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: competition
N/A. I would recommended unless the person is seeking a management position, they should not apply. The atmosphere at WHBM is dependent on who is the Store Manager. I enjoyed my co-workers and only one of the Managers.
Fast Paced, Design Environment, Researching and Designing for Upcoming seasons.
Assistant Designer (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 15, 2015
Daily Communication Emails with the vendor.
Positive and Happy Team Environment
Designing and Researching for future Seasons Deliveries
Presenting New Ideas and Designs for each Delivery
Working on outfitting while designing with cross functional design teams.
Working on Denim Washes/ Building Wash Ranges
Developing new designs fitting for our customers and their feedback
Developing New Fits to expand our customers Wardrobe.
Working with Trim suppliers on developing specialty trim
Developing and researching into new fabrications
Presenting Product Line to Executive team

Hardest Part of my Job is reworking product designs last min with no directions of where is needed/ wanted to go.

Most Enjoyable part of my Job is having design styles in stores and listening to the customers feedback. Always presents itself with new things to learn and new ways to grow!
Difficult to work with an entire staff of young women.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), San Marcos, TexasApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good hours and good pay rate.
Cons: Bonuses never accomplished.
Reviewing daily numbers and metrics of associates.
Guaranteed daily sales accomplished.
Difficult being the only male in a store full of young women.
Upper management does not intervene with disputes.
Store manager very difficult to work with.

1 2 3 4 5