White House Black Market

White House Black Market Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
White House Black Market
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Parking was paid weekly
Cons: Low pay, high stress
Diverse company with great management with room to advance. Being in the workplace is actually rewarding and fun. Working with WHBM taught me how to successfully run a fashion show, and maintain a full staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the women and families leave the store happy.
Not the Sales experience I was looking for.
Assistant Store Manager/Visual Expert (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits instantly
Cons: short breaks, worked a 7 day stretch from the day I started
I have worked for many retailers, but none like the ladies at WHBM.

They are all about filling every fitting room with merchandise, whether the customer is interested or not, and has little respect for the support team in the back room.

Also little respect for me starting out as an Assistant Mgr. Alot of 'hindsight is 20/20" with regard to employee policies.
Excellent training and wonderful employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 20, 2015
Pros: cutting edge fashion, new clients everyday, learned how to put wide variety of fashion trends to suit wide variety of women's body shapes
Cons: lacking hours due to slow season, bonuses are little to nothing
Greeting women and helping them achieve the attire they need while feeling beautiful about themselves no matter the body size or shape.

The hardest part of my job is informing women that we do not carry their size of clothes.

The most enjoyable moments are when the woman steps out of the fitting room with a huge smile and stands in the three way mirror expressing how much she loves the outfit and how great she feels.
stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: commission pay
Cons: short breaks and management
there was constantly someone over my shoulder. I was told to follow customers around.It was tense but, the upside was the customers and how they lit up when you showed them a amazing outfit they would have never thought to wear. The other upside was meeting your sales goal.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: pay
Great! Enjoy the clothes and people. clients great as wells. Great! Enjoy the clothes and people. clients great as wells.
Great place to work!
Key Holder (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Clothing discount; annual raises and bonuses
Cons: working nights; weekends and holidays
WHBM is a very positive environment. The company strives to not only train its employees so that they meet their potential, but they reward them very well for their success.
The company treated employees as assets
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 10, 2015
Pros: fast paced, high energy, great company support
Cons: store specific-management, long wardrobing meetings, occasional inter-team arguing over sales
I worked retail management for many years. Chicos/FAS is one of the best retail companies I had ever worked for. It is a very demanding job, but the managers are compensated and the company is ethical.
Great place to buy clothes with a discount for employees
Sales and Stock Associate, The Woodlands (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Daytime hours were available and benefits were great
Cons: Salary was fair, but low
The store at the Woodlands Mall was well-established and had defined job descriptions, with a typical retail work environment. The personnel at this store were very nice and easy to work with and the compensation was very fair.
Overall, good company to work for if you want part-time employment
Assistant Manager/Sales Lead (Current Employee), West VirginiaAugust 5, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: no healthcare for part time employees and minimum wage salary
I you are specifically looking for a company that gives competitive wages, benefits and level advancements...this is not the company for you. This is, however, a great company to utilize as a second income / part-time employment.
fun part-time job and place to work, amazing clothes and customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Wrentham, MAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: get to be around chic, classic, modern and trendy clothes. great people.
Cons: as is the nature of retail; sometimes lots of hours, sometimes little.
As long as you have retail background and a great smile and personality with lots of energy, and enjoy helping others; whether you're seeking full or part-time work this is pretty great place.
The Associates are polite, professional, patient and upbeat and , helpful to each other not just the Customers. The Management was fair, firm and encouraging when needed. Be prepared to be on your feet and on the go!! The Customers were amazing.
Productive but friendly
Sales floor (Former Employee), galleriaAugust 2, 2015
Pros: when sales goal meet there will be free food
Cons: customer cloth sizes
Managers are friendly, team work, and very helpful while I was there.
I worked as a Sales Floor but, my manager trained me for others jobs such as how you know the store making a sales or not. How we going to improve the sales for how location. How to check the customers comments the pros and cons. Follow ups with the customers and satisfied theres needs as much as possible. How you can make a sales buy creating couple of clothes in many ways. With just three clothes you can create a differnt styles looks and save up money. Instead of matching one outfit with that one look of cloth. Imagine you doing the shopping while you helping your customers what do you expect in your shopping bag at the end of the day? shop smart and be your own wardrobe. Customer trust will take away because you creating the friendly attitude personality,treat the customers shopping like you treating your own shopping bag.
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 27, 2015
White House Black Market is a great place to work. I enjoy the opportunity to meet new clients and fulfilling their style requests and preferences.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAJuly 22, 2015
some slow days but you can find something to do easliy. Customer service is great. Friendly environment and employees are sweet and help out when needed.
Great clothes, fun customers
Sales, Clientaling (Current Employee), NJJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: hours
The clothes are awesome and fun to sell. The bonus structure and help in building a client base help you go to the next level.
I love working with and assiting people.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 14, 2015
I have enjoyed working in the fashion industry. Motivating fellow team members and providing excellent customer service are my two most favorite, natural things to do and I was able to accomplish this each and every day!
great place to work
Sales Lead mgr (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2015
Great learning experience, flexible hours, great advancement opportunities if you are willing to learn and try hard. great opportunity to grow.
Competitive but extremely fun
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Creativity, teamwork
Cons: Competition, short hours, low salary
It is extremely fun because associates learn to wardrobe and put many pieces of clothing together. Sometimes, clients ask for complete outfits and associates just let their creativity and imagination run wild. Co-workers are usually very nice and fun but it is very competitive. Since associates earn bonuses depending on the amount of the sale, competition is high.
Fun job with a great discount!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJune 29, 2015
Pros: Cleanliness, commisson, and discount
Cons: Benefits, compensation
WHBM was a great job while I was going to college. They offer flexible hours to allow for work/life balance. The benefits could have been better due to the size of the organization, and annual increases were not inline with cost of living increases. The customers make the job fun, the discount is wonderful, and the job duties are pretty straight forward.
Professional and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2015
Arriving to work, once clocked in, they give you the numbers that is need or expected to be made for that day. Being that it is a retail store there are days where business is slow and then others where business is fast paced. I learned how to think like a manager would for the business and for the store. Setting realistic goals to where we are about to have a very productive day while pushing ourselves.I also learned how to maintain a great positive attitude throughout and difficult day. Leaving my domestic problems at home and not bringing them to work. I have improved tremendously on problem solving and face-to-face interactions with customers.However the hardest part of the day would be trying to maintain good individual statistics for the day. Management is really good about working around my schedule and teaching you new things if you are will to learn. They do believe in communication skills and helping you progress. Co-worker are very friendly, loving to have fun but also get work done while doing so.
Great work experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), White House Black MarketJune 25, 2015
Great management team. Upbeat and positive work place. I loved everything I learned and continued to learn. I have an amazing team to work with.

1 2 3 4 5