White House Black Market

White House Black Market Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional Boutique Establishment
Sales Stylist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: employee discount, and trying on new clothes to see how wardrobe looks and feels before selling to potential customer.
I learned how to be a strong suggestive seller at the cash wrap with each and every customer on a daily basis. I learned how to work in Commission Sales and make meeting my sales goal each time rewarding and exciting. My co- workers were an excellent team to be apart of, we all cheered and rooted each other that we could be our best everyday with each and every customer, it made it a very fun fast paced environment to work in and be apart of.
Productive and Hands-on Work Environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 14, 2015
An excellent place to work if you are looking for more of a personal shopper role. Great quality in clothing and an excellent management team.
worst company ever due to the bully district manager
Manager (Current Employee), virginiaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: discount and the ladies i work with
Cons: upper management, micro managing, no growth, no real leadership, company is cheap
This is a great company to work for if you're a stay at home mom or just want to have fun because if not you will never make any real money. They make it seem like such a great opportunity when you apply. Then they tell you can make this if you do this but in reality you end up killing yourself for a skewed commision system and pay scale. On top of that you have upper managers( regional/district) that are "BULLIES." The Dm is a poor excuse of a manager and should be leading by example. Instead she will make you feel less of yourself. This company is suppose to be about making women feel beautiful but instead its run by beautiful women with bad attitudes. Or at least the ones in NORTHERN VIRGINIA are.
Fun place to work but problems with retention.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2015
White House Black Market is a fun place to work in and provides opportunities to learn and grown within the customer service industry. It is very enjoyable to work with clients and earn bonuses while in the upbeat and fast paced environment. They also provide very competitive benefits packages. The hardest part is dealing with a high rate of turnover in associates and management, leading to inflexible scheduling, being required to work double shifts, and an unstable environment for the employees.
Good experience to have
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 9, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: managment
It was an alright place to work. The women I worked with were friendly and fun but the manager I had was avoidant and unprofessional. It was also impossible to get any direct contact with any higher management. I worked there for roughly a year and I never met our general manager. Also moving up at my location was difficult to say the least. I was offered a chance at promotion and then it was taken off the table for reasons that were never discussed with me. The worst thing about working there was how much we were hounded about our individual numbers. It put stress on every sale we did. The best thing about working there was days we got new shipment to freshen up the store. Overall it was a good experience to have, but not something I would want to do again.
Making Syd feel beautiful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 1, 2015
Opening and closing the store, visual manager. Customer Service, giving every customer the best experience. Metrics and hitting store and personal goals.
Fast paced and fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: friendly workers, always busy
Cons: 8 hour shifts in heels
White House Black Market is a a great place to work. The other ladies are super friendly and you get to play dress-up with your customers/clients. Toughest part of the job would probably be the environment's fast pace setting.
Productive professional workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
About the company

Building client base
Connecting with customers
Positive work environment
Great management
Great co-workers within the company
Happy customers
Wonderful company
Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: wondferful staff and upper management
Cons: hours
Working a WHBM was one of the best learning experiences I've had during my career. I was able to grow as an individual and learn how to help motivate, train and develop my staff in a productive and respectful environment. During my time here I was responsible for achieving sales goals, recruiting associates, scheduling and payroll among many other daily duties. The hardest part of this position were the hours and not having a work/life balance. As for the most enjoyable part would have to be working with such a diverse group of people and building lasting relationships with my coworkers and customers.
Productive work place
Lead sales Asst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: low pay
-Typical day open and close store
- I learned how to handle up-scale clients
-Management was great
-Co-workers were great
-Hardest part of job none
-most enjoyable part of job everything
Small Buisness Atmosphere
Asst Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: style and fashion
Cons: needs better comunication between upper managerment and staff
Handel all daily operations, I learned things about style and fashion,
management needed to communicate more effective, coworkers were very nice and encouraging, hardest part of job was being the only male in a female environment.
Fun Job!
Personal Fashion Stylist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 12, 2015
This was my first job and i actually like working for the company. i really had a good sales team and we all got along. but what i didn't like was the all the clothes to put back on the floor or fixing all the fixtures. the discount there really suck as well 10% off was nothing.
Exciting Work Enviroment, Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ridgeland,MSFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: customers, clothing
Cons: pay, never received my commission, management
I loved working at White House Black Market. It was great interacting with customers and helping them find the right attire for the occasion. Problems didn't arise until my manager started showing her true colors, My hours were cut and I couldn't even get contact with my manager. And in the end, corporate took her side.
My Motto is "Stay Positive"
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Queenstown, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: short breaks, limited managament
Our main focus at WHBM was Customer Service. All tasking would be put on hold if there were customers in the store. We are limited management and co-workers, so the ones still there are having to step up to higher positions. There are lots of schedules conflicts with several employees. The most I enjoy is being able to meet new people. I strive to see the positive in everything I do.
Great place to work with friendly coworkers
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Marietta GAFebruary 2, 2015
Working envornment was calm and never out of order. Worked with great customers. Learned customer service skills along with a greater understanding of the retail industry
okay place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 20, 2015
If you have a good manager then you will like your job. If your manager is not good you will not like your job.
Friendly and stylish place to work!
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Escondido, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Building relationships with customers is a key. It is literally like playing dress up with barbies. North County has such a great team to work for. You work off of commission, and is a bit competitive. Overall a great company to work for.
amazing clothes
Sales Associate (seasonal) Employee (Former Employee), Woodburn OregonJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: diverse customers
Cons: weird hours a lot of the time
Came into work and immediately got on the floor and started helping customers find what they needed for whatever event. This is the first job i gained the confidence to talk to people i didn't know. the hardest part of the job was probably closing because you had to make sure everything was perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with all girls everyone kinda understood you. My co workers were all right but some seemed to think they were better then everyone else.
Great Job Scary People
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 6, 2015
This was a great job but i learned how scary some people can be about there clothes.
Great company, good core values
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Texas City, TXDecember 31, 2014
Work, life, balance is a key with WHBM. Customer satisfaction is key here.

1 2 3 4 5