This is an unpaid intern position aimed mostly at recent high school graduate to someone with 1 or 2 years of college experience and looking for a unpaid summer internship opportunity.
We are a non-profit charitable organization aimed at educating local small businesses to be competitive. We are looking for volunteers to form case groups, and each case group will select a small local company, work with the businesses owner, and over the course of summer, improve one aspect of the businesses operation. We are not looking for quantity; just one measurable improvement is considered a success.
You will need to:
- Make individual contributions within the case group;
- Rapidly gather operation metrics and data needed to identify inefficiencies;
- Creatively solve problems that come you come across;
- Create and abide to timelines and milestones setup by you and the businesses owner;
- Stay within the budget setup between you and the businesses owner;
- Work with businesses owners, you may need to overcome language / cultural barrier;
- Track progress in a tangible way to confirm results.
You are expected to input 10~15hrs of time per week over the course of the summer. You will also be expected to provide weekly updates to your case mates as well as the businesses owner on progress that you are making.
Please reply this post and attach your resume. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a brief face-to-face interview.
White Forest Consulting is a Vancouver, BC based charity that has presence in Canada and the...