Whistler Blackcomb Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing experience. Great fun with tons of time for snowboarding/skiing
Retail/Rental Technician (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCJune 2, 2016
Whistler Blackcomb is an amazing place to work for a season. Everyone is in good form and it is great for socializing and learning a new sport or improving if you have already snowboarded or skied. I would highly recommend to anyone aged 19-24 mainly but everyone can enjoy it. The reason for this is that it is quite a low wage to sustain yourself or save for a rainy day, but this is usually the case with working in an amazing location like this and it is worth the sacrifice (snow school instructor positions do pay very well). The perks are great - food and grocery discounts, free seasons pass, snow gear discounts, flexible hours, staff housing.It would be an excellent place to go before college while you decide what career to choose, as something to enjoy after studying, or as an amazing destination to go while travelling. It also really teaches you how to save and it really puts everything into perspective especially the work/life balance.
Pros
Great people, fun work, plenty of time on the mountain, discounts, free seasons pass.
Cons
Low wage
Fun
Whistler Blackcomb Ski School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCApril 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working with ski instructors from all over the world. All of my co workers were very welcoming and excited to be in Whistler, BC.
Great employers
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCApril 16, 2016
Overall working for whistler blackcomb is really great! I have learned so much through my time working at Whistler Blackcomb. Really great place to work!
Life changing employment.
Senior Guest Relations Host (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCOctober 10, 2015
Nothing wrong with serving hundreds of customers a day, and seeing hundreds of smiles as I hand them their ski passes for the day. I enjoyed that I was given a lot of tools at my disposal to resolve almost any guest complaint on the spot. I was surrounded by a very supportive management team that went to great lengths to make the staff feel excited to come in to work. At times the job could become monotonous, but the great work mates would elevate such distress. It is incredibly rewarding for a business that has an amazing product such as a ski resort. It is fun to work for an employer when you are proud of them.
Pros
Free ski pass. 25% of retail.
Cons
Only seasonal employment.
A fun job in an amazing place but seasonal work with low pay
Bike mechanic (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCNovember 6, 2015
An amazing place to work with some very fun like-minded people, well organised however pay is low but due to the location and job perks it is a very fulfilling job for seasonal work.
Pros
Season passes, food discounts, WB store discounts, co-workers are fantastic
Cons
Low pay, seasonal work
Fun place to work
Chef/Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCDecember 14, 2015
Fun place to work and learn. Mass production kitchen. Making stews and chowders in 180 liter batches. Making muffin mixes and sending all out to other units on both Mountains
Pros
Paid to ski around
Its not just work, its work and play
Senior Snow School Sales Host (Former Employee) –  Whistler BlackcombAugust 18, 2015
The best part of the job was interacting with guests from all over the world. Spending your days off exploring all beautiful Whistler Snowboarding, hiking, zip lining, or maybe a day trip to catch a hockey games in Vancouver.

Working with a diverse team also allowed me to grow my management skills and learn to interact with different people and cultures as well as making sure production and efficiencies were moving on target.

hardest part of the job would have been some language barriers between some international guests. But we would always do our best to assist the guest in the most professional, friendliest way possible.

It was a dream experience and I am glad I had the opportunity to live, work, and play in Whistler.
Pros
free seasons pass, retail and food discounts
Cons
low rate of pay, expensive cost of living
A great company to work for!
Day care attendant (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCOctober 25, 2015
Advancement can be difficult as individuals in senior roles stay put. Pay is low for the cost of living in Whistler but the perks and staff culture is amazing!
Fun, safe, World class, lifetime experience
Senior Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCMay 11, 2015
In the event department there were two different "typical days". The first was the set up days, where we would spend time loading the necessary equipment for future events such as fencing, sound systems, branding, timing and communications equipment. The groomers would move equipment overnight and the following day our team would set up the venue. The second typical day was an event day, where our team would work with a group of volunteers to finish set up of the event venue. As well as run the event ensuring the venue was well maintained, safe, fun and running as per the schedule. I throughly enjoyed the people I worked with and made some life long friends. It was also an interesting experience working and living with people from all over the world. It gave me a great appreciation for other peoples cultures and personalities.
Love my job
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 21, 2015
I love coming to work every day and the days seem to just fly by. The only complaint I have is that the salary is not quite fair; though, the perks are quite good.
Great Place to work
DFX Mentor Co-coordinator and Bike Coach (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCOctober 3, 2014
Whistler Blackcomb is a fun, great place to work each day brings new adventures and stories. Self confidence, time management, class organziation, scheduling, and daily plans are some of the qualities you learn from being a ski instructor. Meeting new people from different parts of the world and making life long friends that become part of your family is definately a reason to go back year after year, even on those minus 30 days people still seem to be able to smile.
Great management which makes work easy and enjoyable
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCMay 20, 2012
A typical day consisted of setting up the work stations from 7.30am till 10.30am. Then conducting a pre-shift meeting. Service went through the hours of 10.30am till 3.00pm. The hardest part of my job was when we got a rush of of five hundred people and six workers to serve all of them. I learned that with proper time management and delegation of workers anything can be accomplished. Treating your co-workers with respect always helps for a healthy work place.
Pros
free lunch, free season pass
Fun, exciting workplace overseas
Validations Host (Former Employee) –  Whistler, CanadaMay 16, 2012
I worked at Whistler Blackcomb ski resort for 6 months on a working holiday in Canada. The pay was bad but we did get a free ski pass. I had to work 6 days a week to be able to afford to live there. I worked outside and it was hard working in the elements.
Pros
free ski pass, fun working environment, meet people from all over the world
Cons
short hours, not enough work, bad pay, cold weather
Great work environment, exciting, challenging and rewarding.
Equipment operator (snowcat) (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCMay 8, 2012
Each night at work, it was my responsibility to build,maintain and design terrain park feature on Blackcomb mountain. This job is one of the most amazing jobs I have ever had, it was fun, exciting, rewarding and highly respected among the mountain staff.
Pros
lots of spare time
Cons
long work weeks!
Whistler Blackcomb
GUEST SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCFebruary 9, 2015
Working for Whistler Blackcomb was a joy. Everyone share the same reasoning to work there - to ski and ride. There is a great attitude that goes in hand with the culture of the village, and it helps ensure that you enjoy work.
Best place I've ever worked
IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  whistlerMarch 26, 2015
WB IT chooses staff carefully, has created a close family and team atmosphere, and make coming to work a pleasure.

Excellent management and atmosphere.
Fun workplace
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, CanadaJuly 2, 2014
As a Lift Operator, the primary role of this position is for the safe and efficient uphill transport of all skiing and snowboarding guests at the mountain. Following all standard procedures for maintaining safe conditions.
Challenging and rewarding job.
Snowboarding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCJune 15, 2013
Teaching snowboarding lessons, beginner to advanced.

I learnt a lot about managing and working with people as well as leadership skills.
Pros
lots of time to snowboard, keeps you fit.
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Fun work environment
Guest Relations Host (Former Employee) –  Whistler, CanadaApril 30, 2013
Enjoyable environment but monotonous work ensuring safety of each guest and checking validity of tickets.
Pros
free ski pass, fun
Cons
low pay, not challenging
Friendly place
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCAugust 30, 2013
Amazing place to work! great environment! the people where really good to work with I enjoyed every minute of it,

4.6