Whistler Blackcomb

Whistler Blackcomb Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best place I've ever worked
IT Coordinator (Former Employee), whistlerMarch 26, 2015
WB IT chooses staff carefully, has created a close family and team atmosphere, and make coming to work a pleasure.

Excellent management and atmosphere.
Whistler Blackcomb
GUEST SERVICES (Former Employee), Whistler, BCFebruary 9, 2015
Working for Whistler Blackcomb was a joy. Everyone share the same reasoning to work there - to ski and ride. There is a great attitude that goes in hand with the culture of the village, and it helps ensure that you enjoy work.
Really good experience, nice people and a lots of learning
ski technician (Former Employee), Whistler, BCOctober 31, 2014
Pros: tune and wax your own skiis.
A typical day at work:

locked up the door, checked the "to do list" that the night crew left last night, if there is any projects or jobs to finish we started with that. Turn on all the machines and make sure everything is good and in order for the morning rush (Carleton Tuning is the most busy tuning centre in the whole whistler!)

most in the morning its only pick-up, qucik/buff waxes and mayby someone who needed help setting their DIN-settings.

when the morning rush is over, i was starting up the Montana tuning machine, all the rental stores use to pick up their skiis and boards just after the rush. Fresh ones out - used skis in!
just start tuning!

Normaly we was 2-3 guys in the shop, so everyone was helping eichother out with tuning and taking care of customers during the day,

in the afternoon the night shift guys get in, hopefully before the rush starts, beacuse it can get insane busy! its just people, ski, snowboards, customers, worksheets and a looong line down the halway! so you really have to stay focused and calm on what you are doing!

if you are working night shift, you make sure all the new rentals and customer skis and snowboards are done for the morning, you just dont leave the shop even if its christmas and its 03.00 in the morning!

i was learning a lot and got some really good feedback from the experienced guys! at first just the basics, but when mastered that and you showed the senior guys that you where intrestead and wanted to learn more technics the senior guys showed me a lot of good tricks!

at the end off the season i was doing everything that the senoirs did, sometimes almost even better..
the only thinh i havent done is a mounting a binding on a ski, i kind of know how to do but never done it my self.
Great Place to work
DFX Mentor Co-coordinator and Bike Coach (Current Employee), Whistler, BCOctober 3, 2014
Whistler Blackcomb is a fun, great place to work each day brings new adventures and stories. Self confidence, time management, class organziation, scheduling, and daily plans are some of the qualities you learn from being a ski instructor. Meeting new people from different parts of the world and making life long friends that become part of your family is definately a reason to go back year after year, even on those minus 30 days people still seem to be able to smile.
Fun workplace
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Whistler, CanadaJuly 2, 2014
As a Lift Operator, the primary role of this position is for the safe and efficient uphill transport of all skiing and snowboarding guests at the mountain. Following all standard procedures for maintaining safe conditions.
Amazing workplace
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), CanadaNovember 18, 2013
The best employer ive ever worked for. Skiing everyday for 8 months. Need I say more?
Friendly place
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Whistler, BCAugust 30, 2013
Amazing place to work! great environment! the people where really good to work with I enjoyed every minute of it,
Challenging and rewarding job.
Snowboarding Instructor (Former Employee), Whistler, BCJune 15, 2013
Pros: lots of time to snowboard, keeps you fit.
Cons: not guaranteed hours
Teaching snowboarding lessons, beginner to advanced.

I learnt a lot about managing and working with people as well as leadership skills.
Fun work environment
Guest Relations Host (Former Employee), Whistler, CanadaApril 30, 2013
Pros: free ski pass, fun
Cons: low pay, not challenging
Enjoyable environment but monotonous work ensuring safety of each guest and checking validity of tickets.
Great management which makes work easy and enjoyable
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Whistler, BCMay 20, 2012
Pros: free lunch, free season pass
A typical day consisted of setting up the work stations from 7.30am till 10.30am. Then conducting a pre-shift meeting. Service went through the hours of 10.30am till 3.00pm. The hardest part of my job was when we got a rush of of five hundred people and six workers to serve all of them. I learned that with proper time management and delegation of workers anything can be accomplished. Treating your co-workers with respect always helps for a healthy work place.
Fun, exciting workplace overseas
Validations Host (Former Employee), Whistler, CanadaMay 16, 2012
Pros: free ski pass, fun working environment, meet people from all over the world
Cons: short hours, not enough work, bad pay, cold weather
I worked at Whistler Blackcomb ski resort for 6 months on a working holiday in Canada. The pay was bad but we did get a free ski pass. I had to work 6 days a week to be able to afford to live there. I worked outside and it was hard working in the elements.
Great work environment, exciting, challenging and rewarding.
Equipment operator (snowcat) (Former Employee), Whistler, BCMay 8, 2012
Pros: lots of spare time
Cons: long work weeks!
Each night at work, it was my responsibility to build,maintain and design terrain park feature on Blackcomb mountain. This job is one of the most amazing jobs I have ever had, it was fun, exciting, rewarding and highly respected among the mountain staff.