Whistler Blackcomb

Whistler Blackcomb Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work
DFX Mentor Co-coordinator and Bike Coach (Current Employee), Whistler, BCOctober 3, 2014
Whistler Blackcomb is a fun, great place to work each day brings new adventures and stories. Self confidence, time management, class organziation, scheduling, and daily plans are some of the qualities you learn from being a ski instructor. Meeting new people from different parts of the world and making life long friends that become part of your family – more... is definately a reason to go back year after year, even on those minus 30 days people still seem to be able to smile. – less
Fun workplace
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Whistler, CanadaJuly 2, 2014
As a Lift Operator, the primary role of this position is for the safe and efficient uphill transport of all skiing and snowboarding guests at the mountain. Following all standard procedures for maintaining safe conditions.
Amazing workplace
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), CanadaNovember 18, 2013
The best employer ive ever worked for. Skiing everyday for 8 months. Need I say more?
Friendly place
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Whistler, BCAugust 30, 2013
Amazing place to work! great environment! the people where really good to work with I enjoyed every minute of it,
Challenging and rewarding job.
Snowboarding Instructor (Former Employee), Whistler, BCJune 15, 2013
Pros: lots of time to snowboard, keeps you fit.
Cons: not guaranteed hours
Teaching snowboarding lessons, beginner to advanced.

I learnt a lot about managing and working with people as well as leadership skills.
Fun work environment
Guest Relations Host (Former Employee), Whistler, CanadaApril 30, 2013
Pros: free ski pass, fun
Cons: low pay, not challenging
Enjoyable environment but monotonous work ensuring safety of each guest and checking validity of tickets.
Great management which makes work easy and enjoyable
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Whistler, BCMay 20, 2012
Pros: free lunch, free season pass
A typical day consisted of setting up the work stations from 7.30am till 10.30am. Then conducting a pre-shift meeting. Service went through the hours of 10.30am till 3.00pm. The hardest part of my job was when we got a rush of of five hundred people and six workers to serve all of them. I learned that with proper time management and delegation of workers – more... anything can be accomplished. Treating your co-workers with respect always helps for a healthy work place. – less
Fun, exciting workplace overseas
Validations Host (Former Employee), Whistler, CanadaMay 16, 2012
Pros: free ski pass, fun working environment, meet people from all over the world
Cons: short hours, not enough work, bad pay, cold weather
I worked at Whistler Blackcomb ski resort for 6 months on a working holiday in Canada. The pay was bad but we did get a free ski pass. I had to work 6 days a week to be able to afford to live there. I worked outside and it was hard working in the elements.
Great work environment, exciting, challenging and rewarding.
Equipment operator (snowcat) (Former Employee), Whistler, BCMay 8, 2012
Pros: lots of spare time
Cons: long work weeks!
Each night at work, it was my responsibility to build,maintain and design terrain park feature on Blackcomb mountain. This job is one of the most amazing jobs I have ever had, it was fun, exciting, rewarding and highly respected among the mountain staff.