Whistler Blackcomb Employee Reviews

Busy, rewarding job in fun environment with low pay
Lead Hand/ Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Whistler20 April 2017
Fun company if you don't want to progress,
Great short time work.
No way to save money. minimum wage is terrible and housing is extremely expensive.
Pros
half price food and cheap retail
Cons
long hours sometimes in peak season, means less time on the hill.
Challenging and exciting job with the mountain
Rental Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC16 April 2017
Working for Whistler Blackcomb was a challenging and interesting experience. I have learned a lot on the job over the last 6 months. this job has furthered my existing problem solving skills after having to deal with some very difficult customers on a day to day basis. I would have perfered more of a detailed training before starting work, the training was quite basic.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
Dealing with abusive customers
No 2 days are the same
Guest Services Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whistler Village, BC8 April 2017
No 2 days are the same being the Guest Services Administrative Assistant. One day you will be at your desk all day following up with guest queries, service recovery and financial reporting. The next you can put your bag down and not see your desk until you get your bag to go home. The people you work with are amazing be it your manager or a front line host. You regularly have to think outside the box to help find suitable solutions that work for both the guests and Whistler Blackcomb.
Pros
Free season pass and great benifits
Fun job, some hostile staff members
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC28 March 2017
O love being a ski instructor I've done it all over the world. Whistler Blackcomb is a huge company and provides incredible training, supervisors are great some staff members are unfriendly and snobby others are lovely.
Pros
Great traing, free lunch
Cons
often not paid for little extras that take up time
Easy job
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC21 March 2017
Job required being on-call for resident issues and assisting when needed. Came with the perks of cheap accommodation and choice of roommates in WB staff housing.
Pros
Subsidized Accommodation, Free Ski Pass
Cons
Low pay
Simply an amazing place to work
Reservations Host (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC9 March 2017
My salary was cut in half coming to Whistler, but the company, community,and recreation opportunities make every second totally worth it! Not to mention the perks (outstanding). Truly an amazing place to work, you will not regret it!! Get ready for an unforgettable adventure with amazing coworkers from around the world. With all the opportunities out here I really feel like you can't go wrong :)
Pros
Season's Pass, Great Support, Amazing Managers + Coworkers, Lots of new friends, Great community, Staff Accommodation (if you apply early enough before the season)
Cons
Might be a bit far away for some, but still totally worth it
Great job if you want to ski a lot
Ski and Snowboard Tech (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC28 February 2017
Loved this job due to the fact that you will be skiing or snowboarding everyday to get back home from work. The rental shop is located on top of the mountain so it is not as busy as working in a store at the base of the mountain. Since you will be recommending skis and boards to customers, it is important to love these sports already to really excel at the job. Great people, great vibe and a lot of happy guests!
Pros
ride out from work everyday
Cons
near minimum wage
Seasonal
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC18 January 2017
Supervisors were wonderful and understanding, Very friendly atmosphere all around, in and outside of work. Luxury of meeting many people from all over the world.
Pros
Free ski mountain pass
Fun and diverse workplace
Snowschool Sales Host (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC, Canada11 November 2016
It was a very fun and diverse workplace with people from all over the world.
I was responsible for selling and booking ski- and snowboardlessons in the hotels of Four Seasons, Hilton and the Fairmont.
Great Job in a Better Place
Roundhouse Lodge Station Cook (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC13 October 2016
I worked at the Roundhouse Lodge restaurant at the peak of whistler mountain for one season. the job itself was a lot of work and heavy on the hours. I was a line cook at the grill station. it offered a pretty amazing experience over all although i wish the hours allowed for more riding time time than they did. early start times and late end time meant no riding on work days.

I would go back to whistler blackcomb again in a heart beat but i would avoid working in food and beverage.
Pros
free lift tickets, staff housing, amazing experience, unbeatable location, unforgettable experience.
WB - Front Desk
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC22 June 2016
Working in whistler is for the lifestyle and the benefits of working for the mountain definitely make the lifestyle easier. Good working hours, reasonable pay level and fun colleagues.
Amazing experience. Great fun with tons of time for snowboarding/skiing
Retail/Rental Technician (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC2 June 2016
Whistler Blackcomb is an amazing place to work for a season. Everyone is in good form and it is great for socializing and learning a new sport or improving if you have already snowboarded or skied. I would highly recommend to anyone aged 19-24 mainly but everyone can enjoy it. The reason for this is that it is quite a low wage to sustain yourself or save for a rainy day, but this is usually the case with working in an amazing location like this and it is worth the sacrifice (snow school instructor positions do pay very well). The perks are great - food and grocery discounts, free seasons pass, snow gear discounts, flexible hours, staff housing.It would be an excellent place to go before college while you decide what career to choose, as something to enjoy after studying, or as an amazing destination to go while travelling. It also really teaches you how to save and it really puts everything into perspective especially the work/life balance.
Pros
Great people, fun work, plenty of time on the mountain, discounts, free seasons pass.
Cons
Low wage
Fun
Whistler Blackcomb Ski School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC19 April 2016
I really enjoyed working with ski instructors from all over the world. All of my co workers were very welcoming and excited to be in Whistler, BC.
Great employers
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC16 April 2016
Overall working for whistler blackcomb is really great! I have learned so much through my time working at Whistler Blackcomb. Really great place to work!
Fun place to work
Chef/Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC14 December 2015
Fun place to work and learn. Mass production kitchen. Making stews and chowders in 180 liter batches. Making muffin mixes and sending all out to other units on both Mountains
Pros
Paid to ski around
A fun job in an amazing place but seasonal work with low pay
Bike mechanic (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC6 November 2015
An amazing place to work with some very fun like-minded people, well organised however pay is low but due to the location and job perks it is a very fulfilling job for seasonal work.
Pros
Season passes, food discounts, WB store discounts, co-workers are fantastic
Cons
Low pay, seasonal work
A great company to work for!
Day care attendant (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC25 October 2015
Advancement can be difficult as individuals in senior roles stay put. Pay is low for the cost of living in Whistler but the perks and staff culture is amazing!
Life changing employment.
Senior Guest Relations Host (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC10 October 2015
Nothing wrong with serving hundreds of customers a day, and seeing hundreds of smiles as I hand them their ski passes for the day. I enjoyed that I was given a lot of tools at my disposal to resolve almost any guest complaint on the spot. I was surrounded by a very supportive management team that went to great lengths to make the staff feel excited to come in to work. At times the job could become monotonous, but the great work mates would elevate such distress. It is incredibly rewarding for a business that has an amazing product such as a ski resort. It is fun to work for an employer when you are proud of them.
Pros
Free ski pass. 25% of retail.
Cons
Only seasonal employment.
Its not just work, its work and play
Senior Snow School Sales Host (Former Employee) –  Whistler Blackcomb18 August 2015
The best part of the job was interacting with guests from all over the world. Spending your days off exploring all beautiful Whistler Snowboarding, hiking, zip lining, or maybe a day trip to catch a hockey games in Vancouver.

Working with a diverse team also allowed me to grow my management skills and learn to interact with different people and cultures as well as making sure production and efficiencies were moving on target.

hardest part of the job would have been some language barriers between some international guests. But we would always do our best to assist the guest in the most professional, friendliest way possible.

It was a dream experience and I am glad I had the opportunity to live, work, and play in Whistler.
Pros
free seasons pass, retail and food discounts
Cons
low rate of pay, expensive cost of living
Love my job
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 July 2015
I love coming to work every day and the days seem to just fly by. The only complaint I have is that the salary is not quite fair; though, the perks are quite good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whistler Blackcomb. Our community is ready to answer.

Whistler Blackcomb Reviews by Location