Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc., an established contractor, is looking for a full-time, reliable, experienced Estimator. We need a focused and action-oriented individual possessing the ability to efficiently and competently put together complex estimates for industrial mechanical construction projects. We expect this person to be a detailed problem-solver who can deliver a bid that is comprehensive and accurate.
- Prepare material takeoffs.
- Reading Mechanical Blueprints.
- Assist in the development of Work Packages.
- Preparation of RFQ’s for sub-contractors and vendors.
- Evaluation of sub-contractors and vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of construction execution plans.
- Assist in the preparation of tender proposals.
- Review both tender proposals and contractual documents.
- Work closely and interface with Project Managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You will be joining a Calgary-based, local, well established company that is dedicated to delivering projects on time and on budget at a high standard of quality. Our history in the industrial mechanical sector has established us a quality, safety-oriented contractor who works together with all players to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded. Our main clientele base is within the oil and gas industry and our projects have taken us across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
This position provides professional wages in a competitive industry with a full benefit package. We reward our people based on performance and achievement of company goals and milestones as well.
- 2-5 years of estimating or field experience
- Candidate must be fluent in blueprint reading (mechanical).
- Ability to work under tight timeline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Familiar with contractual documents.
- Experience/Knowledge of general construction in heavy industrial.
- Experience in Workface Fundamentals would be an asset.
- Scheduling experience would be an asset.
- Organized and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects ranging from $1M - $100M is an asset.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Completion of Post-secondary Education in the Technical or Technologist field and/or relevant field experience.
If you would like to be part of a high-performing team and thrive in a multi-tasking, deadline driven environment this is the perfect job for you. Please submit your resume or fax it to: 403-640-0767.