Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc. is an Alberta Construction Company, wholly owned by Trotter and Morton, whose core business interests are industrial construction and construction management. Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc. provides general, mechanical and civil construction services to the oil and gas industry in Western Canada.
Whaler is currently looking for A Site Cost & Finance Controller for a job in Foster Creek. The Site Cost & Finance Controller position is responsible for providing cost, financial and administrative support to the Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc. (WIC) Finance Team and the Site Construction Management Team.
Duties will include:
Project Cost Accounting
- Set up and track all client contracts and change order information on site
- Daily tracking of cost spent vs earned (burn reports)
- Review of daily progress tracking
- Weekly client project cost summaries
- Accountable for tracking all costs on site
- Provide other costing and finance tasks as requested by WIC Finance and/or Site Construction Management
- Accountable to ensure that the Site Administration staff are completing the time keeping functions per the company policies and guidelines
- Accountable to ensure that the Site Administration staff are completing the purchase order and material tracking functions per the company policies and guidelines
- Accountable to ensure that the Site Administration staff are completing the equipment tracking and billing functions per the company policies and guidelines
- Ensure strict confidentiality and privacy of financial information
- Provide other costing and financial tasks as requested by the Site Construction Management Team and or the WIC Finance Team.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel
- MS Projects, Access Data Base, Primavera, JD Edwards experience an asset
- Completion of Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Financial role experience – 5 to 8 years
- Project Controls role experience – 3 to 5 years
- Experience in the industrial construction industry would be an asset – 10+ years
If you have a strong work ethic, want to be part of a high performing team and have a commitment to excellence please email or fax your resume to: (403) 640-0767
Whaler would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please check us out at www.whaleric.com