Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc. is an Alberta Construction Company, wholly owned by Trotter and Morton, whose core business interests are industrial and construction management. Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc. provides general and mechanical construction services to the oil and gas industry in Western Canada.
Whaler is currently looking for an experienced Planner/Estimator for a job in Calgary, AB.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Lead and participate in delivery of Whaler’s Safety program and site specific safe work procedures
- Prepare bills of material or requisitions for purchase
- Review Request for Tender/Quotation issued by the client and develop tender packages for subcontracts, Material Purchases and Fabrications.
- Responsible for qualifying suppliers, reviewing and spreading bids and awarding subcontracts
- Ensure Contract Change Requests are estimated and executed and ensure that the scope of work quantities are in alignment with the tendered construction estimate
- Identify changes in the scope of work between the bid work and the actual work undertaken.
- Prepare and issue Contract Change Requests * Responsible for progress, earned value and productivity reporting
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Field experience in industrial construction is considered a valuable asset
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education in Engineering or Technical field would be an asset
- Member of AACE would be preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Experience with Primavera Contractor would be an asset
- Experience with Acorn would be an asset
- Ability to read construction drawings including grading plans, piling plans, concrete and structural steel drawings
- Ability to interpret orthographic piping plans and elevations
- Ability to prepare a piping isometric drawings
We firmly believe that our employees are our best assets and are committed to ongoing training and support for them to reach their full potential. If you would like to be a part of such an organization submit your application by email or by fax to: 403-640-0767.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.