Bluebird Contracting Services Ltd. (3652 44th Ave SE, Calgary), a Trotter & Morton Company, is currently looking for hard working, committed Heavy Equipment Operators for full time positions at various locations throughout Alberta.
-Operate heavy equipment such as: dozers, excavators, grader or scraper in a civil construction environment.
-Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
-Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades required at construction sites
-Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
Technical Competencies & Skills:
- Operate heavy equipment safely;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks;
- Diagnose mechanical problems;
- Read grade plans and use grade stakes in measuring the amount of earth to be moved;
- Follow directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
- Problem Solving & Decision Making Capabilities
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard technical problems; applies limited judgment and discretion
- Strong Communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- 2-3 years of experience operating heavy machinery
We offer an excellent, competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance).
Bluebird Contracting Services is committed to safety. To this end, we continue to create the safest, healthiest work environment possible for our employees and all other personnel affected by our operation.
If you have a strong work ethic, want to be part of a high performing team and have a commitment to excellence please visit our website at www.trotterandmorton.com and apply online.
Bluebird would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.