Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews in Canada

Good people, environment could be better
Clean-up crew/ Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Weyerhaeuser. The people on my crew were amazing for the most part. The shift was 4am-12pm, and it really took a toll on your body, but it was also nice to be done that early. The work environment was pretty good for the most part, some of the other crews didn't really acknowledge the crews around them. So we generally just stuck to ourselves.
good job
Warehouse Technician/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABAugust 24, 2015
very boring job, not challenging enough. Great coworkers, good pay and benefits. Long hours but had 3 day weekends. supplied everything to do my job.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
boring, not challenging enough
Great place to work.
Weekend Clean Up (Former Employee) –  Princeton, BCFebruary 4, 2014
A place of hard working individuals and a productive environment. I loved the fact you were busy with work all day so it was never dull.
Pros
great pay.
Very productive site with friendly people and lots to learn
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hudson Bay, SKJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is by participating in meetings, providing engineering and technical support, justification of projects by obtaining and analysing process data as well as project communication to contractors.
Very well managed company, safety, production and employee relations
Portal Crane / Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 29, 2013
Although I've worked for Weyerhaeuser before, I am fairly new to this site. So far my new position is very enjoyable. I am responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment (Portal Rail Crane, Loaders & Excavators)
Great co-workers, Awesome Managers
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Hudson Bay, SKJuly 26, 2013
I was a summer student at Weyerhaeuser. A typical day at work was measuring bundles, worked on production line utilized strapping machine, Firewatch, cleaning out blenders, lock out of equipment, working in loud and dusty environment and wearing proper PPE. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We work as a team and encourage one another on the job. Management at the plant was top class.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
temperatures are very hot while cleaning out blenders
Example: Large international company with many opportunities for ambitious employees.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 3, 2013
I spent each work day visiting different manufacturing sites to analysis business practices, primarily in the maintenance organizations. I created improvement plans and initiated training for site leadership. I implemented measurable goals to encourage success.

The hardest part of the job was changing entrenched and ineffective management styles and practices.

The best part of the job was having people approach me after 6 months to praise me.
Great place & company to work for.
Maintenance Department Steamfitter - Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMarch 7, 2013
Really like working here, location was great and the people I worked for and with where grreat.