Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Excellent work to lesisure time ratio
Shipping and Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Hudson Bay, SK15 June 2017
Rewarded for hard work and for following safe work practices. Company core values revolve around supporting its workers, community and rebuilding the resource it uses to profit.
Pros
Free lunches, good holidays.
Cons
Night shifts.
Dependable company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Kenora, ON16 May 2017
Some times we work hard but generally a days work is easier to perform than most jobs.
I learned to save some dirt for trouble makers.
The place is very well managed from the top.
There are a few workers (very few) that have an ambition to spread negative stories.
Some of the manual labour makes a person sweat a lot.
Dependable, some times fun place to work with good pay.
good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB12 May 2017
was great working their good pay, and benefits, union job people willing to teach you and are good for safety. the only reason I left was allergies good rotation of night and days
Stable work environment with many opportunities for growth.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON2 May 2017
Weyerhaeuser was an extremely safe environment to work in with a never ending opportunity for growth within the company. The management was very accommodating and helpful. Their salary and benefits package were exceptional.
Ok job
Grinder man (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC9 November 2016
Job lost its luster in the later year . CEO changed the mind set and made the employees uneasy. Plant closure was going to happen with the CEO at the helm .
excellent divisional structure and management
Senior OSB Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2016
very safety conscious company; opportunities to learn beyond ones' scope; a fantastic environment for team building and transferring of information across various teams; roles-responsibilities-relationships are clearly defined but flexible within the business
Pros
great team atmosphere
Not that great
Maintenance/ Internal Stores (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB24 August 2016
Claims safety is key but is more concerned with production then safety. Not very friendly environment, ask the wrong persona question and they will make your life miserable.
If you stand up for yourself you will be fired.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, poor training, favouritism, Not a good place to work.
people are great
Kiln Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 July 2016
i run the dry kilns which means i dried the lumber that was to be used in buliding anything that was built with lumber also drove a cat 938g cat loader for 17 years
Pros
great people
Cons
bad managment
great place to work
Industrial Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB24 January 2016
Trouble shoot hydraulic and mechanical systems, daily checks, work orders and PM's, fabricating guarding, etc

managers are excellent, easy to talk to/work with

co-workers are a good knowledgeable guys to work with

hardest part of the job is that I'm away from my family different town 4-5 days a week

most enjoyable part is working with the other maintenance team members, good group, good attitudes
Pros
good benefits
Cons
wage, location
Good people, environment could be better
Clean-up crew/ Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 September 2015
I enjoyed working for Weyerhaeuser. The people on my crew were amazing for the most part. The shift was 4am-12pm, and it really took a toll on your body, but it was also nice to be done that early. The work environment was pretty good for the most part, some of the other crews didn't really acknowledge the crews around them. So we generally just stuck to ourselves.
good job
Warehouse Technician/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB24 August 2015
very boring job, not challenging enough. Great coworkers, good pay and benefits. Long hours but had 3 day weekends. supplied everything to do my job.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
boring, not challenging enough
Great place to work.
Weekend Clean Up (Former Employee) –  Princeton, BC4 February 2014
A place of hard working individuals and a productive environment. I loved the fact you were busy with work all day so it was never dull.
Pros
Great pay.
Very productive site with friendly people and lots to learn
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hudson Bay, SK29 January 2014
A typical day at work for me is by participating in meetings, providing engineering and technical support, justification of projects by obtaining and analysing process data as well as project communication to contractors.
Very well managed company, safety, production and employee relations
Portal Crane / Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 July 2013
Although I've worked for Weyerhaeuser before, I am fairly new to this site. So far my new position is very enjoyable. I am responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment (Portal Rail Crane, Loaders & Excavators)
Great co-workers, Awesome Managers
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Hudson Bay, SK26 July 2013
I was a summer student at Weyerhaeuser. A typical day at work was measuring bundles, worked on production line utilized strapping machine, Firewatch, cleaning out blenders, lock out of equipment, working in loud and dusty environment and wearing proper PPE. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We work as a team and encourage one another on the job. Management at the plant was top class.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Temperatures are very hot while cleaning out blenders
Example: Large international company with many opportunities for ambitious employees.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2013
I spent each work day visiting different manufacturing sites to analysis business practices, primarily in the maintenance organizations. I created improvement plans and initiated training for site leadership. I implemented measurable goals to encourage success.

The hardest part of the job was changing entrenched and ineffective management styles and practices.

The best part of the job was having people approach me after 6 months to praise me.
Great place & company to work for.
Maintenance Department Steamfitter - Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 March 2013
Really like working here, location was great and the people I worked for and with where grreat.