Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive site with friendly people and lots to learn
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hudson Bay, SKJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is by participating in meetings, providing engineering and technical support, justification of projects by obtaining and analysing process data as well as project communication to contractors.
Very well managed company, safety, production and employee relations
Portal Crane / Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 29, 2013
Although I've worked for Weyerhaeuser before, I am fairly new to this site. So far my new position is very enjoyable. I am responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment (Portal Rail Crane, Loaders & Excavators)
Great co-workers, Awesome Managers
Summer Student (Former Employee), Hudson Bay, SKJuly 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: temperatures are very hot while cleaning out blenders
I was a summer student at Weyerhaeuser. A typical day at work was measuring bundles, worked on production line utilized strapping machine, Firewatch, cleaning out blenders, lock out of equipment, working in loud and dusty environment and wearing proper PPE. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We work as a team and encourage one another on the job. – more... Management at the plant was top class. – less
Example: Large international company with many opportunities for ambitious employees.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 3, 2013
I spent each work day visiting different manufacturing sites to analysis business practices, primarily in the maintenance organizations. I created improvement plans and initiated training for site leadership. I implemented measurable goals to encourage success.

The hardest part of the job was changing entrenched and ineffective management styles and – more... practices.

The best part of the job was having people approach me after 6 months to praise me. – less
Great place & company to work for.
Maintenance Department Steamfitter - Pipefitter (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 7, 2013
Really like working here, location was great and the people I worked for and with where grreat.
Pretty good
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2014
As a company Weyerhaeuser is good to work for. It really depends on your position in the company as to whether or not they share information with you.
Good pay but continous lay offs
Die -cut Box Machine Operator (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lay offs
Lay offs were often and unpredictable. Knowledgeable management.
Very Organized
Electrician Mechanic (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: little time off
The company lives by SOP's . There is a job to be done , lets do it attitude. Pay was very fair
Safety was #1 with this company and they lived it by example.
Raises were yearly . Cost of living and also merit increases plus
Bonuses for safety and Profit sharing..
Warehouse job. Hot, repetitive.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Irving TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: turkey at thanksgiving, ham at christmas.
Cons: short breaks, hot. micro-managed.
I worked in Irving for this company about 13 yrs ago.
Very loud, so your day is managed by buzzers.
A buzzer tells you when to be working and when to be on break.
If it is work time, it is very likely a supervisor will be watching you.
This is similar to other warehouse jobs tho.
Drove a fork-lift and did allot of stacking before making it to assistant – more... machine op.
Company would spring 4 extra hrs of mandatory overtime on you at the end of your shift sometimes.
As a bonus they did give turkeys at thanksgiving. – less
Good people and culture
VP - Marketing and Public Relations (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 22, 2014
Thoughtful leadership at all levels. Well run company. The R/E Division was fun and challenging.
Great work atmosphere
Lab Technician II (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAJune 16, 2014
Pros: in federal way
Cons: no guarentee of next lay offs
Hard work for low pay. Learned a lot with co workers. Management was great. The hardest part was finding another place of employment.
Flexible
Customer/ Sales Support (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 15, 2014
When the position was in Boise we had wonderful management.
A very hot and productive company to work for.
Veneer Grader (Former Employee), NatchitochesJune 6, 2014
I had to work manual labor, veneer grader, billet grader, safety lockouts/tag outs and floor hand. My co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was veneer grading. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others.
Busy place to work
Certified Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City ,MOMay 20, 2014
Go to my work area , how to run the strap machine there not a thing hard , Management on top on everthig
Large company
Green Chain O/B (Former Employee), Emerson, ARMay 13, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: dangerous enviroment
The job was a productive job with excellent benefits. The graveyard shift was all that I didn't like about the company
Unstable
Recruiter (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAApril 29, 2014
Weyerhaeuser has been a great place to work until about 2008. The people are great. Flexible work situations. Since 2008, they have been regularly laying people off and now are starting to cut salaries in the corporate headquarters.
It was ok .
Laborer (Former Employee), Dodson, LAApril 17, 2014
long and boring is a typical day at work . I became a better learner . my co-workers were pretty nice people to work with . Going home was the most enjoyable part of the job
High Stress, Poor Training, Unclear expectations from management
Design Technician III (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2014
Pros: safety, great people
Cons: management
I have enjoyed my time with Weyerhaeuser. I love the people I work with and the job itself, but Management at this time is very unreasonable. Goals and Expectations are unreasonable and impossible to achieve. Very high stress with an undertone of doom. Employee moral is way down from previous years.
Excelent place to work and grow with the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Compton, Ca.April 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great coworkers and room to move up in the company
Cons: business has changed hands a couple of times, job cuts
I learned many things about the product we manufactured. Coworkers were extremely friendly and positive. We never had any really bad days. It's mostly relaxed and easy to get our work done on any given day
Great place to work!
PC Refresh Deployment Manager, Client Refresh Team (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAMarch 19, 2014
Had a great time, great team to work with! Learned a great deal from co-workers and management that can be carried over to a new position.

1 2 3 4 5

About Weyerhaeuser

If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces – Read more