Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive site with friendly people and lots to learn
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hudson Bay, SKJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is by participating in meetings, providing engineering and technical support, justification of projects by obtaining and analysing process data as well as project communication to contractors.
Very well managed company, safety, production and employee relations
Portal Crane / Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 29, 2013
Although I've worked for Weyerhaeuser before, I am fairly new to this site. So far my new position is very enjoyable. I am responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment (Portal Rail Crane, Loaders & Excavators)
Great co-workers, Awesome Managers
Summer Student (Former Employee), Hudson Bay, SKJuly 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: temperatures are very hot while cleaning out blenders
I was a summer student at Weyerhaeuser. A typical day at work was measuring bundles, worked on production line utilized strapping machine, Firewatch, cleaning out blenders, lock out of equipment, working in loud and dusty environment and wearing proper PPE. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We work as a team and encourage one another on the job. Management at the plant was top class.
Example: Large international company with many opportunities for ambitious employees.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 3, 2013
I spent each work day visiting different manufacturing sites to analysis business practices, primarily in the maintenance organizations. I created improvement plans and initiated training for site leadership. I implemented measurable goals to encourage success.

The hardest part of the job was changing entrenched and ineffective management styles and practices.

The best part of the job was having people approach me after 6 months to praise me.
Great place & company to work for.
Maintenance Department Steamfitter - Pipefitter (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 7, 2013
Really like working here, location was great and the people I worked for and with where grreat.
Good opportunity for experience, poor work culture
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Longview, WAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: pay, management, experience, advancement opportunity
Cons: stress, long days, culture, attitude, hard to spell company name
I was an Associate Engineering. I thought the pay was reasonable, but I found myself committing most of my life to this stressful work environment (which I expected, so I wasn't too shocked). I normally would have no issue with this, but their was no sense of gratification that came along with it. The engineering and process managers were fantastic; they cared a significant amount about their employees and process. Though the bureaucratic structure of this large company seemed to always interfere with getting work done.

There was some definite need for improvement in the Associate's program. If I was not an outgoing individual, I could have sat at my desk for months without anyone caring.

The culture at the mill just seemed lost. Many employees were not motivated enough to do their job well. Others were very argumentative. More gossip than a high school hallway. Ultimately, the vibe didn't match my personality.

Ending on a plus side, I think it is a great place to work and gain some useful experience. There are plenty of advancement opportunities as well. If that's the market you're in, I would at least try Weyerhaeuser out.
A fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Oil City, PAJanuary 23, 2015
a day at weyerhaeuser is to pack up lumber for shipping. friendly enviroment
A great place to learn Plumbing and Heating during High School
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Had a great time working through high school with this company as a helper, and great pay.
Overall this was a good company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Westland, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Typical day was providing accurate and timely orders filled with treated lumber and building material products to all the Home Depot stores in Michigan and Northern Ohio. The hardest part of the job was learning all the material provided to the different lumber yards across Michigan. Co-workers and Management had a good working relationship and good communication between each other.
Great work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Millport, AlabamaJanuary 12, 2015
Conduct various timber operations. I learned how to work as a team and use modern forestry technology.
Very professional, 'can do' team
SNR PROJECT MANAGER/ITIL SME (Former Employee), Federal Way, SeattleJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: professional team
Cons: downsizing limits opportunities
Decentralization and downsizing are key cultural focus right now with many people being laid off in the process.

The downsizing affected team morale, but in spite of this, everyone did their best to deliver their best work.
good company
Production Technician/Fiberization (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 401 k
Cons: shift work is hard on your family life
I had over twenty years with this company . Overall a good place to work.
A great place to work
Production Manager (Current Employee), New Bern, NCDecember 12, 2014
Great employees, it is a building infrastructure. The people takes a little time to get to trust you but they soon come around.
Strong sales focus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Henrico, VADecember 4, 2014
New sales office with emphasis on sales volume and margin. Friendly office environment. Strong desire to please the customer. Fast-paced office. Was in supporting role to ISR / DSR, and product managers.
Great work place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2014
Performed mechanical adjustments to insure proper running of the machines for the production of quality products. Maintained appropriate stock of inventory according to company policies and procedures. Guaranteed customer satisfaction by communicating directly with the consumers to verify requisitions prior to completing jobsForklift Operator ,Shipped and received inventory, loaded and unloaded products onto pallets, separated and sent products to appropriate destinations.
Demonstrated my understanding of complex computer systems by accurately entering data and setting schedules to meet production requirements
Wonderful place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 21, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: work slow down
Provided raw material to machine operator and ran machines while operators was on breaks. Loaded raw material on to the machines and loaded finished product onto the trucks using a forklift.
We had a covered area outside to eat and smoke,really nice in the summer.
Wax Operator, Flexo Operator, Dye Cutter Operator (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 10, 2014
Pros: the job itself was a good job, plus free food ounce a week if we made goal witch we did.
Cons: some orders were harder then others, but it was a challenger but i liked that in a way too.
Fora work day I would look at the schedule and see what we would have to run that day and get everything set up a head of time.And run the machine. I learned the Waxer, the Fleos, the Dye-cutters but there was different types of these machines but that had the same names. Management was really nice the plant manager would walk around everyday to see how everyone was doing, he even new all of our names by heart. Co-workers were alright, we were all kinda spaced out so we were never really side by side.The most hardest part of the job I would say would be keeping the ink a a constant thickness, because a lot of the time the ink would get either to thick or way to thin. We were treated in a fair way.
Always Productive with this company
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, MSOctober 30, 2014
Management good with this company, only worked short time for rebuild.
Production company
Press Operator (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 29, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: management is disconnected
Production based, can be fun depending on the shift you work. There is gain sharing available.
Good company; environmentally responsible; diversified
SR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER, Carlsbad, CA (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good people, great locations.
Cons: subject to market issues
Good people to work with, especially in lower management. Excellent support, great locations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Weyerhaeuser

If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces – Read more