Weyerhaeuser Company Employee Reviews

Excellent culture; with clear goals for each associate.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, AR25 October 2017
While Weyerhaeuser expects you to complete your job and add value, you receive recognition for doing a good job. Poor people principles do not seem to be tolerated. Excellent management team.
Pros
Great benefits; work/life balance
Cons
Lots of restrucruing, but should settlle down
WeyCo.
Forklift Operator; Receiving/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA19 October 2017
WeyCo. is a very good company to work for. They have outstanding benefits as well as a great work environment. Safety is their number one priority. A typical day working is fast paced and competitive but only within yourself, makes you challenge yourself to get better daily.
Co workers were great
Inside Industrial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH14 October 2017
I was inside, so I worked 8-5 every day. This was my first real job, so I learned to buy, sell, and manage things. Co workers were great to work with, managers, not so much.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
management
Weyerhaeuser
Regional Sales Manager, Southeast (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC29 September 2017
Worked with Weyerhaeuser over 10 years. Overall a good company to work. I've learned a lot working with this company and the management in my area were nothing less of impeccable. They gave the best approach for advancement and left you with the sense that you work was appreciated. Unfortunately, corporate leadership changed and most of what made the company great, slowly became of the past.

Great people make the company great. I appreciate the time I had there. Was fortunate to meet great people.
Pros
Good benefits. Good company. People development.
Cons
Leadership change and off goes a few businesses.
Inside and Outside Sales and Marketing
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IA13 September 2017
The atmosphere was very competitive, somewhat stressful yet fun. I was fortunate to have a great boss who was helpful with learning more about the products marketed and the customer base
Changing work climate, but great employees and co-workers
Senior Manager - International Trade Compliance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 September 2017
Weyerhaeuser is an old company that has gone through many changes and iterations during its 100+ years. It is undergoing a contraction phase and focusing their energy on forests and land management. This has caused many organizational changes and layoffs. Prior to this phase, it has been an great company to work for, with high-quality employees. I've enjoyed the many challenges presented during my employment with Weyerhaeuser.
Not the same company
Intellectual Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA11 September 2017
I worked for Weyerhaeuser when it was still a full forest products company. They have divested of all of their manufacturing and cannot speak of the culture of today as a real estate company.
Great company
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  North Carolina31 August 2017
Worked for Weyerhaeuser for 21 years and retired from there! Good company with focus on safety and profit. Company was downsizing during the down turn and I took early retirement to live in florida.
Great Development
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA6 August 2017
Great Development. They strived to development employees, provided opportunities for advancement, cross training and temporary assignments. Good benefits.
Too many turn over rate
Payroll QA Services/SAP (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA26 July 2017
There were so many senior employees at the time I joined the company. However, all the business and workplace culture shifted and most of the employees lost their jobs.
VERY clean and a safe work place
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, AR8 July 2017
I was a assistant machine operator ran a 50" jumbo flexo machine that made cardboard boxes i work a stacker stacking the boxes drove a forklift when relieving the job closed and relocated
Pros
Clock out for lunch
Cons
Paid breaks had good health care
Great company with great benefits and a great work environment.
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 July 2017
This was one of the best companies I have worked for. Huge company with excellent compensation and benefits. Management was good. Really liked almost everything about this company.
good job to have
office worker (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WA11 June 2017
lot of responsibility

management can be strong at higher levels with mid to low levels not always having experience but being marriages of convenience.

culture is all about location can be great
most enjoyable part of my job is team I manage.
Wood Products Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 June 2017
I respect the team I manage for their dedication and hard work. It is very cyclical work load and very difficult at times, but they all are professional and hard workers.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR11 May 2017
Good Place to work, great benefits and management is strong. Normal day to day business, room for growth, challenging positions. Only con is they tend to sell off divisions so there is always that chance of being bought out by a different company.
Cons
chance of being bought out
Corporation Work
Administrative Assistant for Timberlands Group (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA10 April 2017
Each day was different. While tasks were consistent, the process in which the tasks were completed was varied. Flexible work schedule permitted in most departments. Department supervisor did not micro-manage and was readily available to discuss concerns. Most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers, who did not mind assisting in other areas if needed.
Pros
Friendly & supportive work atmosphere
Cons
Location of new office
Job was very rewarding and enjoyable
Operations Specialist / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vanceboro, NC5 April 2017
My position at Weyerhaeuser was very rewarding and I enjoyed the many responsibilities I held while employed with them. I wore many hats and learned a lot about the forestry industry while employed.
Stable Job
Energy Operator (Current Employee) –  Grifton, NC 2853030 March 2017
My typical day consist but not limited to maintaining the right oil temperature to supply heat to the drying kilns. Constantly doing visual check on hot Thermal Oil Units looking for any type of spills or leaks.
Great company to work for
Records Specialist / Consulting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA16 February 2017
Weyerhaeuser is a good company to work for. Due to technology, downsizing, and restructuring of the company, I lost my job. We were ahead of many companies in our records practices. I worked and teamed with wonderful people throughout the company in different departments.
Pros
Company moved to Seattle. They pay for your ORCA card.
Cons
Moving to Seattle from Federal Way, I don't have the freedom of doing errands like I did when I drove myself to work in Federal Way, Much longer commute to work
Family environment
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Richland, MS29 December 2016
The company overall was large and with many resources. The plant I supported was small enough to maintain a family environment. Promoted team activities, and support on all levels.

The benefits were excellent.