Weyerhaeuser Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive environement
Wood yard Operator (Former Employee), Pooler, GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: The employees worked well with each other.
Cons: The 30 minute breaks.
This company paid well and allowed employees to feel welcomed in the space of work. Everyday I learned something new and looked forward to expanding my knowledge each day.
Weyerhaeuser Company summary
Environmental Scientist II (Former Employee), Columbus, MSApril 1, 2015
Pros: Salary, flexible hours, family first atmosphere
Cons: insurance
Amazing job experience. I worked for Weyerhaeuser for 5 years and was rewarded for proactive, motivated work. Insurance was high deductible plan but pay was amazing and staff was dedicated, motivated, and innovative. My supervisor was above parr and this company has amazing land and work ethics. Their environmental track record with regard to the land they manage and safety record were amazing. They were flexible with work hours and emphasized family first, then work.
Great workplace - enjoyed most aspects of job - executive secretary
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 23, 2015
workplace excellent
making travel arrangements - word processing - excel - powerpoint etc.
Seting up group meetings.
Good employer
Director - EHS (Former Employee), Federal Way WAJanuary 30, 2015
Weyerhaeuser was a great company to work for. They are in the process of changing their culture - which is both difficult and exciting.
Just a deadend job with poor benefits.
Trimmer Operator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, MSSeptember 28, 2014
They expect you to do your best with poor equipment. Every year they take away from our benefit package.
Weyerhaeuser was a great place to work, on site fitness centers, recreation, running trails, were all huge perks.
Health & Welfare Coordinator (Former Employee), Federal Way, WASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: on site fitness centers, recreation, running trails, were all huge perks and a big contributor to morale.
Cons: those perks are unlikely to be available when they move to seattle.
I worked 8-10 hours a day and loved my job, benefit, my co-workers, and customers I worked with. I believed in the company and the products, innovation, and professionalism found at all levels. The company had a long time, solid foundation in supporting the work life balance of it's employees, until the recent change in leadership which has shifted it's philosophy on the topic drastically.
good company
Procure To Pay Analyst (Former Employee), Federal Way, WASeptember 6, 2014
Great culture of integrity, diversity and respect for others. Absolutely amazing safety focus and this company means it. Increasingly focused on high performance and winning at everything it does.
No job security
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 29, 2014
Was a great learning experience. Products I have never deal with. Always wondered when they would lay you off
Enjoyable and educational workplace
General Laborer (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i was able to learn how to work the flexo machines to beable to advance
Cons: tempatures in the plant
Would run a Flexo machine working with cardboard and to tare down and set up machines.
I learned how to operate and run a Flexo machine and how to change dyes and cutters.
Management was always there to lend a hand and was a beneficial part of me learning more on the job.
Co-workers were supportive and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was learning all 12 of the machines but I was proud that I did it.
The enjoyable part was making rate and going above and beyond the expectations.
Weyerhaeuser is shrinking
Video and Web Content Manager (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJuly 17, 2014
Before considering working at Weyerhaeuser, consider that they are a REIT but act like a Corporation. They are shedding weight at a fast pace. There are rumors that the company headquarters is moving. Keep that in mind.
Reorging
Information Technology Sourcing and Supply Manager (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAJune 6, 2014
Pros: some great staff
Cons: current restructure is causing a loss of tribal knowledge
Company is currently going through a restructure. Strong capable work teams.
Industry Leader in the Forest Product Sector
General Manager, Customer Service Distribution (Former Employee), New EnglandMarch 19, 2014
Managed, directed and developed over 200 sales, administrative and hourly employees. Managed relationships with 600 customers from local building material yards to national home centers. Responsible for P&L in New England Building Material Distribution Centers with average revenue of $41 million, which increased to an average of $46 million.
22 Weyerhaeuser building environment
Drafting Technician/Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, small commute, good co-workers
Cons: worked as a contractor
Running the drafting department and responding to work request and building needs among the Weyerhaeuser community.
Great ethics and safety culture
Regional Panel Sales Representative (Current Employee), St. Paul, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: company is very well respected by customers and vendors.
Cons: location is too far from family.
Amazing culture of caring that encourages employees to grow and advance.
Loved working there MOST of the time.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New Bern, NCDecember 6, 2013
I grew up there. Spent 35 years of my life there. Worked in the "Timberlands" section, where we planted, managed, and protected the forests from insects, fire, and so much more. I moved from Jacksonville to New Bern, NC, where I trained and grew in education, computer uses, created and maintained many, MANY statistics, etc. It used to be a good place to learn and grow, but I've been away for many years, and am not familiar with the inner-workings now...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), AikenOctober 30, 2013
Pros: seasonal and the travel was great
Cons: long drive
Seasonal and I enjoyed having time off with my child. I was able to travel with the company and the health benefits were good.
Great company to work for. Professionally grew my career path.
Assistant Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee), Millport, ALSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: location
Great organization to work with.
Great employees, management and corporate team.
Learned so much about people/employees and how best to interact with each.
Recieved positive recognition that I used to grow professionally.
Fantastic company with fun and energized staff and employees
Document Controller (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: availability of resources and endless learning
Cons: having to move out of town
Management was a delight to work for and made the work day a fun challenge. I learned the process and flows of engineering designs and the process to achieve a new plant (grass roots) and modifications to existing plants. The co-workers were always appreciative and respectful.
excellent company
Central Procurement Lead (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAMay 2, 2013
Weyerhaeuser was a great place to work, I worked hard to be prepared for the next step, they provided training I requested and opportunity for advancement. Excellent benefits.
First stop in my career
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Wayne, PAApril 25, 2013
Really enjoyed working for Weyco. Started as IT intern and advanced to lead PM team. Great company that took care of its employees.