Weyerhaeuser Company Employee Reviews

Exemplary Employer that was dedicated to your advancement / safety
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA17 December 2016
I enjoyed the Weyerhauser company very much for their dedication to safe employee practices....employee advancement and always awknowledged my dedication to superior customer accounts practices....great Company!
Pros
Great opportunities for learning /advancement
Family environment
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Richland, MS29 December 2016
The company overall was large and with many resources. The plant I supported was small enough to maintain a family environment. Promoted team activities, and support on all levels.

The benefits were excellent.
Good Ole Boys Club
Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, Wa4 February 2013
They say they like diversity but hire Mexicans as janitors, people from India for IT work and it took me at least 2 yrs to see one African Anerican working there. It was quite sterotypical to say the least.

They have been sued by EEOC for not promoting minorities in their Bellevue office and lost. I've seen quite a few people forced to retire and younger folks leaving for better opportunites after being hired only a short period of time. The shorter time you stay there the better because it's against policy to give any sort of reference when you leave.
Pros
pretty campus and decent benefits
Cons
high pressure, inappropriate management behavior, no reference policy, lack of minority opportunities, pay increases based on statistics and not performance, and they quit doing any morale boosters even before the economy tanked
A Stressful Place
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Georgia12 May 2012
If you like to be mistreated and overlooked for promotions, this is the place for you. If you laugh at the manager "unfunny jokes and kiss thier butts" you will go far.

The benefits are great, the money is ok but the management need to take classes in Management 101.

A person cannot concencrate on their jobs because they are too afraid of having an accident and having to go take a drug test.
benefits
good place to work
Lead Planner (Former Employee) –  Longview, WA5 October 2015
Great team work ,everyone pulls there own weight, Good job/life balance. Structured so that an employee can flourish and improve for career advancement.
Pros
great management
Cons
Learned many accounting skills.
LEAD ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MS27 October 2015
A typical workday was spent mostly on the computer,maintaining records and on the phone with numerous corporate representatives. Worked with great people on staff and management levels. Enjoyed communicating with people. Hardest part was departing with staff members who were always transferring out to other locations. Learned a lot about the business world.
Pros
Great office location and working environment.
Excellent Company
Site Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CA13 February 2013
Excellent company that cares for it associates; remained strong during a slow market with the right adjustments. Great benefits.
Pros
excellent work culture
Cons
limited opportunity depending on expertise
Great company to work for. Professionally grew my career path.
Assistant Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Millport, AL27 September 2013
Great organization to work with.
Great employees, management and corporate team.
Learned so much about people/employees and how best to interact with each.
Recieved positive recognition that I used to grow professionally.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
location
Weyerhaeuser was a great place to work, on site fitness centers, recreation, running trails, were all huge perks.
Health & Welfare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA18 September 2014
I worked 8-10 hours a day and loved my job, benefit, my co-workers, and customers I worked with. I believed in the company and the products, innovation, and professionalism found at all levels. The company had a long time, solid foundation in supporting the work life balance of it's employees, until the recent change in leadership which has shifted it's philosophy on the topic drastically.
Pros
on site fitness centers, recreation, running trails, were all huge perks and a big contributor to morale.
Cons
Those perks are unlikely to be available when they move to Seattle.
excellent company
Central Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA2 May 2013
Weyerhaeuser was a great place to work, I worked hard to be prepared for the next step, they provided training I requested and opportunity for advancement. Excellent benefits.
value company a joy to work for
Outside Sales for Home Improvement Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS25 June 2015
the job were giving compassion to their employees after Katrina this company help me rebuild my home for over a year with Weyerhaeuser volunteers sent down every 2 weeks. Management was just very good in my 12 yrs I had 4 managers. The co workers were helpful team oriented and following up on customers. I worked with the Box stores traveling 3 states to train and sell in recycled products.
Pros
great company to wotk for
Cons
cut backs and closing the facilty in Gulfport.Ms
Weyerhaeuser Company summary
Environmental Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MS1 April 2015
Amazing job experience. I worked for Weyerhaeuser for 5 years and was rewarded for proactive, motivated work. Insurance was high deductible plan but pay was amazing and staff was dedicated, motivated, and innovative. My supervisor was above parr and this company has amazing land and work ethics. Their environmental track record with regard to the land they manage and safety record were amazing. They were flexible with work hours and emphasized family first, then work.
Pros
Salary, flexible hours, family first atmosphere
Cons
insurance
Enjoyable and educational workplace
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL18 August 2014
Would run a Flexo machine working with cardboard and to tare down and set up machines.
I learned how to operate and run a Flexo machine and how to change dyes and cutters.
Management was always there to lend a hand and was a beneficial part of me learning more on the job.
Co-workers were supportive and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was learning all 12 of the machines but I was proud that I did it.
The enjoyable part was making rate and going above and beyond the expectations.
Pros
I was able to learn how to work the Flexo machines to beable to advance
Cons
tempatures in the plant
Company is a great one to work for
Wood Quality Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA25 June 2012
Company has high ethical standards, is well-managed and has alot of great employees, but not as many as it did just a few years ago.
Pros
401k match
Cons
job security
Best job I've had so far.
Dry Veneer Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Junction City, OR3 April 2012
This was the best job I've had. Far and away, the best coworkers and management I've had. Management that actually listens to its employees and will implement their ideas to create a smoother work process (if positively reviewed by a committee consisting of maintenance, one worker from each shift, management, and HR). Supervisors that would trust their employees' abilities to do their jobs and not hover all over or spy on you.
Pros
great work schedule (2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 on, 3 off), hands-off management, competent coworkers
Cons
it was a dirty job, long shifts (12 hours, sometimes 13)
Enjoyable place to work where employees are treated with respect.
IT Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA12 February 2013
At Weyerhaeuser people are treated as adults, management recognizes that everyone works as hard as possible but also have personal lives. I have learned so much during my 33 yrs experience with this company because I was able to have so many opportunities with different departments. The people I worked with were the best, not just co-workers but also became good friends.
Pros
no time-clock, or clock watchers, everyone is treated as an adult.
Fantastic company with fun and energized staff and employees
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC24 July 2013
Management was a delight to work for and made the work day a fun challenge. I learned the process and flows of engineering designs and the process to achieve a new plant (grass roots) and modifications to existing plants. The co-workers were always appreciative and respectful.
Pros
Availability of resources and endless learning
Cons
Having to move out of town
Good employer
Director - EHS (Former Employee) –  Federal Way WA30 January 2015
Weyerhaeuser was a great company to work for. They are in the process of changing their culture - which is both difficult and exciting.
Great ethics and safety culture
Regional Panel Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MN22 January 2014
Amazing culture of caring that encourages employees to grow and advance.
Pros
Company is very well respected by customers and vendors.
Cons
Location is too far from family.
Overall when I worked for this company,it was a Great place to work!
data analyst (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA11 May 2011
The benefits were great, the team I worked with was great. It was a very good experience all the years I worked at Weyerhaeuser Company, from 1993 to 2004.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
outsourcing

4.3