Starting Wage Range: $14.71 – $16.01 per hour
(Plus 13.5% in lieu of benefits & 4% vacation pay)
Wesway is seeking a Respite Worker to provide support to an 88 year old Ukrainian speaking woman who is dealing with Alzheimer disease. She wants to be as independent as possible and can be stubborn at times. However, she can become forgetful and confused at times. She loves to be outside and enjoys a daily walk.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience supporting people with a disability or chronic health condition (employment, education, volunteer or personal life experience)
- Positive attitude and dependability
- Respect for each individual’s strengths, abilities and personal choice
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- A current criminal reference check (completed under vulnerable sector service) provided upon a conditional offer of employment and deemed satisfactory by Wesway
- Access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Ability to communicate in Ukrainian is required
Hours of Work:
Respite is required 3 hours per week, Monday afternoons from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. This is a temporary position until March 31, 2014. However, additional employment opportunities may be available beyond this date.
For a detailed description of this job please visit our website at www.wesway.com.
Interested individuals are invited to complete an application form located on our website and submit a resume and cover letter quoting competition #RW-EX8 by Friday, November 22, 2013 to:
Lindsay Daniels, Recruitment & Retention Officer, ldaniels(at)wesway.com
We thank you for your interest in Wesway. However, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.