Responsible for day to day support of all the site users in their computing needs. Provide support in the design and deployment of new and existing servers and applications. Is responsible for participating in the development, implementation, and maintenance of our services and their components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Candidates should have a broad knowledge of PC desktop software and hardware, including experience in Linux and Windows servers, user support and training, installing and supporting software, and basic troubleshooting. Experience in problem diagnosis and resolution and strong customer service skills required. Must apply knowledge creatively to a wide variety of assignments and understand the interrelationships among systems. Responsibilities include the support of workstations, applications, and systems for the division. This support includes: installing software, upgrading and replacing hardware, relocating hardware, performing basic troubleshooting, and assisting in help desk support.
Job duties require a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Eagerness to learn, effective written and oral communication skills, work well with people;
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability;
- Minimum 2 year degree of 2 years of completed studies towards a B.S. degree in Computer science or relevant field of study;
- A minimum of 2 years of solid experience with installing and troubleshooting Linux operating systems - A MUST
- Linux certification and/or related experience. – A MUST
- Networking administrator and Database maintenance experience. - A MUST
Only applicants that have a minimum of 2 years in a LINUX environment will be considered.
Note: When you apply for this job, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a minimum of a 2 year degree or 2 years of completed studies towards a B.S. degree in relevant field of study?
2. Do you have excellent general computer skills in a Linux and Windows environment?
3. Are you able to effectively diagnose and repair computer hardware and software problems?