Westridge Cabinets Employee Reviews

Not a bad job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 July 2017
Working with my team each day I assisted in the preparation of cabinets, inspecting each one carefully to ensure perfection, sanding to work out any defects and finally staining so they were ready to be finished. I stood for long hours and moved heavy items around the warehouse for each new step all while keeping my work area clean and safe
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Made to work overtime almost every weekend
Good Work Place
Cabinet Maker/Installer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 May 2017
I always enjoyed going into work. I like working with my hands and being creative so it was a great fit for me. I highly recommend working here, people are great, work is rewarding. Nice to know people enjoy what I made everyday.
Was the worst job i ever had
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 May 2017
I have no idea how they are now but years ago I was one of the few females working the factory floor and I was their Quality Control Inspector. I made the mistake of getting pregnant and they laid me off.
Great Work Experience
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 May 2017
Great managers and supervisors, always felt proud of my work. I crafted cabinets, completed finishes, etc. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most, they're a great group of people. Would recommend working at Westridge Cabinets to anyone.
I enjoyed my time at Westridge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
I felt that Westridge Cabinets was a great place to work. I loved my coworkers, they definitely aided in my enjoyment of my work life. The company went through a shift in management which did change things a bit but I did see many positive things come out of the shift. I would go back to Westridge if an opportunity arose.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Process changes
Cabinet installer-Sub contractor
Cabinet Installer Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Communicate with the builders. Make counter tops if required. Service and repairs. Install kitchens, Assist other installers if they have any questions
Worked with a Great group of people in a High Demand Company
Estimator/Draftor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
As an Estimator/Drafter I was responsible for creating CAD Drawings for customers and installers with the used of 2020 Technologies. Then inputting 2020 data into a Customer/Builder quote via a system called Westridge Database (WDB) which a salesperson or myself had created. Estimator would also be required to complete Service Jobs should any material needed to be ordered from our plant. The company is under new management so positions and duties may vary since my time there. The hardest part is limited staff and high quoting demand however the most enjoyable part, for myself, was the creating and designing and my co-workers.
Pros
Nice Friendly Edmonton team
Cons
High Stress because of High Demand
barely operates with the guidelines of the labor standard board and numerous safety infractions
edgebander/moulder operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB29 October 2016
No paid breaks,interdepartmental communication very poor.few or no meetings employee input not desired. wages flat due to to many foreign workers or Asian \immigrants. Company only interested in investors, no profit sharing .supervisors arrogant puppets.management workers seem to outnumber production workers.
Cons
no paid coffee breaks
Good schedules and wages.
Cabinet Finisher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 September 2016
You knew what you were supposed to be working on. Every area was personalized and everyone knew what there tasks were before hand.
Pros
Salary. wages and benefits.
Cons
Lots of pressure on busy season.
great
installer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2016
i worked there for over a year and it was a great place to work the pay was good and everyone was very easy to get along with and if i needed something it was easy to get help from them
Pros
benfits
Cons
laid off cause of lack of work right now
Productive variety work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2016
Pick up work orders
Drive to the site and meet customers
Install and replace kitchen cabinets parts like panels, doors, front drawers, crowns, risers, fillers and cabinets as well.
ambiente agradlabe
Area de pintado (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 March 2016
Supervisores amables, empresa responsable con los empleados
Overall worst company in Central Alberta
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Trucking14 May 2015
Worked my butt off an average of 70 hrs per week. Never got any positive feedback.If u aren't desperately seeking a pay check then take a pass!!!
Pros
Pay check never bounced
Cons
Way too many too list
great place to work, environment not pleasant
Designer/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 January 2015
little communication or instruction, but overall great job
Pros
event lunches, halloween, Xmas, themed bbq's
Cons
no windows, no speaking
production based company that had very friendly staff
Factory Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB19 March 2012
Friendly and helpful staff along with the mechanical work for the machines was a great thing about the job. The long hours and most weeks turned into 7 day weeks became very tiresome.
Pros
some free lunches, friendly and helpful staff
Cons
long hours, spent on average 6 to 7 days a week there