We are looking for a Shipper/Spare parts co-ordinator to join our growing team.
Job Type: Permanent
In this role, the successful incumbent will be responsible for all shipping and receiving duties, and the tendering, procurement, and buying of consumables required ensuring optimal operational conditions. Working closely with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external the successful incumbent with demonstrate sound communication skills both written and verbal; critical thinking; time management; information gathering; sound knowledge of logistics, standard practices in materials management, buying and procurement, inventory control, and fabrication.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Confer or correspond with vendors and business partners to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or non-conformance to specifications.
- Confer with vendors, or customers to coordinate shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using computer or price list.
- Classify goods according to tariff coding system.
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures.
- Calculate duty, taxes, and tariff related to shipments
- Stay abreast of changes in import or export laws or regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings or conferences, or conferring with colleagues.
- Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, bill of lading, and cargo-control documents.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters.
- Monitor or trace the location of goods.
Buying Procurement and Spare Parts
- Perform buying duties for consumables needed for production
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, materials requirements or material priorities
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Prepare requisitions and send copies to purchasing departments originating requests.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate departments
- Assist existing customers and prospective clients with their spare parts needs
- Other duties as requested
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience
- Enjoys hands-on work and working with others
- CITT Designation or working towards is an asset
- Materials Management Certificate or working towards is an asset
- Sound knowledge of import/export, logistics and transportation, and buying
and procurement practices
- Certified forklift operator
- Certified overhead crane
- Languages: English required and Spanish an asset
Please fax resume to : 519-766 9692