The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the purchasing and inventory management process and procedures. This includes the development, implementation and maintenance of these processes. The successful candidate will oversee and manage the material flow from procurement/attainment to disposition to inventory or directly to the job. The incumbent will be responsible for the management of purchasing and material handling personnel.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in similar capacity.
- Excellent communication, professional oral and written skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal skills, and employee relations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Negotiations skills and experience
- Knowledge of full supply chain; including procurement, shipping/receiving and inventory functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees all supply chain activities of all 3 divisions of Westpower Equipment.
- Develops, implements, monitors and improves purchasing and inventory control processes and procedures.
- Reviews, revises and develops contracts and supply agreements.
- Conducts assessments on product areas and makes recommendations for improvements and standardization.
- Works closely with the Quality Manager and the quality team to review and evaluate supplier’s performance.
- Interprets contract provisions and reviews contracts for accuracy and changes prior to renewal.
- Prepares capital expenditure requests in conjunction with operations and engineering.
- Creates contingency plans for the key products and services
- Responsible for coordinating and verifying rolling physical inventory counts, as required.
- Tracks, measures and monitors purchasing activity and inventory level for Westpower’s various products.
- Manages and creates effective relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Visit and audit supplier facilities, with a focus on safety and quality issues.
- Establishes the departmental priorities, allocates the work of the materials team.
- Provides communication and leadership to the materials team.
- Conduct timely and effective performance reviews; including the development plans for all direct reports.
- Improves and promotes positive employee relations resulting in high levels of team participation and employee involvement.
- Work closely with the accounting department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Monitor and report on department’s performance and results.
- All other job duties as required
Only applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. Westpower is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information.
Indeed - 15 months ago