The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the full process of the pump packing design and construction. The successful incumbent will have an ability to manage programs on budget, on time and to the specifications set out by the client. The Project Manager works closely with operations, sales and the client to ensure all requirements are met.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Working towards professional accreditation
- Understanding of material requirements in oil and gas applications
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of pump industry specifications (API610, Hydraulic Institute)
- Experience in instrumentation, oil and gas equipment sizing and the packaging of pump equipment an asset.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of full-cycle pump packaging build: including client service, package bid, and specification review
- Works independently and with teams to manage small and intermediate sized projects
- Directly responsible for costing, scheduling, design review and approval, drawing revision / release to client and fabrication
- Responsible for all manufacturing part / assembly drawings
- Purchasing, expediting, subcontract crew organization, inspection and sign-off.
- O&M manual creation and submission
- Actively involved in continuous manufacturing improvement
- Address package field issues, assess warranty claims, initiate and document
- Responsible for cost controls and reporting of assigned project
- Recommend sizing and selection of instrumentation
- Ensure timely completion of entire process.
- Liaise with sales and operations team to ensure accurate quotations
- Address client queries pertaining to project
- All other job duties as required
Westpower Equipment Ltd., along with its Spartco repair centres and Mabre Pump manufacturing divisions, supply custom-built pumps and pump...