The HR and HSE Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the proper record keeping and due diligence required for our Health, Safety and Environmental programs in addition to providing support for the human resources function by focusing on recruitment, training and development activities within the organisation. This position requires a person with strong organisation, communication and problem solving skills.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Health, Safety and Environment or Human Resources Certificate
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Detailed oriented with strong administrative skills
- Computer literacy, including Excel, Word and Internet.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Accident/Incident/Near Miss Investigations
- Conduct and/or schedule training sessions
- Environmental measurement and monitoring
- Management of contractor orientation program.
- Management supplier websites. Including: ISN, Complyworks, PICS, etc.
- Weekly Review - follow-up on all safety action items and update a consolidated weekly report.
- Daily observation tours
- Creation of SOPs
- Provide daily safety and human resources support for employees
- Work with Supervisors and Managers to create and amend job descriptions.
- Recruiting for shop floor and support staff positions. This includes posting positions internally and externally, using social media to source potential candidates and working with external recruitment agencies when necessary.
- Interviewing potential candidates and initiating testing when required.
- Track and create reports on open positions and time to hire.
- Conducting full orientation sessions for new employees.
- Research and schedule training for individuals and groups as required by the performance appraisal process and/or the department Supervisors/Managers.
- Coordinate training with internal subject matter experts and with 3rd party trainers.
- Provide support to employees requesting developmental opportunities within the company, by providing course information and position requirements.
- Key member of the social committee and planning company functions.
- On an as required basis, research issues and submit proposals for purchase, implementation or further consideration.
- Work with the HR Manager to propose policy and procedure amendments. Work to simplify and consolidate of existing HR policies.
- Ensure timely delivery of announcements and company communications.
- Create dynamic and innovative methods of company information bulletins, postings, etc.
- Update the employee handbook with new information as required.
- General administrative duties (filing, scanning, data entry, etc.)
- Any other job related and support activity duties as required.
Westpower offers a comprehensive benefit package, RSP plan and competitive salary
Only applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. Westpower is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.westpower.ca for more information on our company.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard