WesTower Communications

WesTower Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Local upper management did not abide with corporate code of ethics.
REGIONAL QUALITY MANAGER (Former Employee), Kent, WAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: vehicle
Cons: diseased corporate culture.
Diseased corporate culture. Poor morale due to abusive behavior of upper management.
great job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: non
I would work again for this company in a heart beat. One of the few jobs I've loved. I learned so much at this company. Unfortunatly we moved out of state so I had to give it up.
I enjoyed my job at Westower
Project Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KY & Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2014
Pros: get to relocate
Cons: if you relocate and a reduction of force occurs, you may not be able transfer to another westower market.
Overall, the company is a great company and I would go back to Westower when asked
great workplace,great people
Tower Technician (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: time away from home
if your looking for a life changing experience this job is all you would need.
New Director and Ops Manager were very unsupportive of employee tasks.
Human Resource Admin (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARApril 29, 2014
Pros: comfortable work space with all tools needed to complete my job
Cons: raises wern't given at required time frame due to company cutbacks, cut overtime, lack of support & communication of job requirements or employee insubordination
-Typical day at work: Provided any human resources needs for employees or prospects. Completed all new hire processes in a timely manner. Submitted employee changes as they occurred while keeping all employee info current. Submitted expense reports for employees. Managed AT&T acct for cell phones and mi-fi's for employees. Ordered supplies. MVR and – more... DOT updates and completion. Submitted background reports and set employees up for urinary screens & DO physicals. Conversed with several employees corporately with all new hire and current employee requirements.
-I learned how to accurately provide all job requirements for corporate and employees needs.
-Management seemed to vary depending on what I was tasked to do. Some more supportive than others.
-Co-workers were all hard working individuals but they had little to do with my personal daily job unless I was needed to help them with needs or update any required info.
-The hardest part of my job is not getting support from my new director on what my work load really was and support with any insubordination from uncooperative employees. Disliked fraternization within the company causing many conflicts.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure all needs were met whether it be with individual employees, new corporate requirement changes that were completed successfully and helping employees learn how to handle changes within our company. – less
Great growing company
Program Manager (Current Employee), Portland ORApril 22, 2014
Great company to work for with opportunities challenges and growth potential
fun
Project Manager (Current Employee), Mercer Island, WAMarch 12, 2014
Good Company to work for I would recommend to others to check out this company.
Great work enviroment
Administrative Assistant/ Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
Really loved this job. started young and love the field of business i was in.
Nice Place to Work
PO COORDINATOR - KY MARKET (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2014
Westower is a good company to work with.
The hours are typical day shift 8a-5p
I've learned how to organize and prioritize my tasks even the more
The staff is hardworking
Overall Summary
VP of Information Technology (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2014
WesTower is a great company with a good reputation. Routinely delivers a great product and value to our customers, and is poised to be one of the dominant players in our space.
Reputable national company in United States and Canada.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: location
Managed vendor inquiries and statements by acting as a liaison between markets and vendors.
Reviewed markets lists of jobs that needed to be closed out for market managers. Performed the closing of the jobs on a monthly basis. Assisted in Accounts Payable check review and signing of weekly bill run.
Enjoyed co-workers and working in a relaxed environment. – more... The hardest part of the job was being in a different state than the corporate accounting office. – less
good work inviorment.
Tower Hand (Former Employee), Kent, WAJanuary 28, 2014
great people to work with. i have learned alot working with wes tower.
Challenging in a good way.
Quality manager (Former Employee), Orlando, Fl.January 21, 2014
Pros: making my own schedule
Cons: lack of communication from upper management about the position being short term.
Working with managers from a round the country, all with different ideas of how things should be, was a bit challenging. After a few meetings and gathering of information we figured out how to implement the best ideas and run with them.
I enjoy traveling and starting new projects while the whole time helping to refine processes along the way.
One of the worste companies I have ever worked for.
Electrician (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: very dangerous work environment.
A very bad place to work. The pay was good bad everything else about the job sucked.
amazing tower company
Tower Technician/ Top Hand (Former Employee), little rock ARJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great managment
Cons: un desirable locations lots of travel and low pay
They treated their employees very well and gave an array of awesome training. They crossed their T's and dotted their I's in every way. Amazing company however they paid very low and location was less than desirable. Office and management was up to date,informed and knowledgeable of the work. They performed amazingly.
Never should have left
Construction Manager II (Former Employee), Kent, WADecember 18, 2013
Pros: offices in hi, ak and all over the us. pay was good, benefits good, equipment was new
Cons: none really
Like a fool, I left this company for what I thought would be greener pastures. If you have the chance to work as a construction manager for the team in Kent, WA, jump at it. The pay is always on time, expenses are turned in Friday and paid on Tuesday NEVER WAS LATE. CM's had brand new F-150's and the job was wonderful. Great people to work for, fun – more... job, tower modifications and UMTS/LTE adds. Only negative was a lack of training. other than that, I have a hard time finding the negative. – less
Great compnay to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), La Palma, CANovember 19, 2013
Great environment
Great co-workers
Most enjoyable place to work
Fast growing company
Operations Market Manager (Current Employee), LouisvilleOctober 17, 2013
Need more policies and processes to help growth. This would help guide field management.
Poorly managed.
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: can manuveur work schedule
Cons: poorly managed, acceptable unprofessional workers
Puts the cart before the horse. Promises not followed. Poor dress codes acceptable.
The most highly mismanaged corporation to date
Sr PM (Former Employee), SEJune 5, 2013
Cons: management and culture
Being employed there as a SR PM for months it was the most disgusting scenario I've come into encounter with in the industry.

Upper management only cares about themselves and their friends, expects unrealistic production and outcomes, always pushing for more revenue (daily) to make themselves and their market look acceptable, no matter what the damage – more... and hurt that they put on employees.

Here's an example, a PM installed a flash dive with P>:( on it into his computer, had a virus and the network crashed for days, what does he get but a promotion due to the fact that he's friends with a SR VP? Go figure.... – less