Our soon to open Optometry Clinic and Optical store center in Rexdale area needs an experienced Optometry Assistant and Receptionist. As part of the core Optometry team your responsibilities will include:
- Office administration and patient reception
- Scheduling appointments and referrals
- Patient instruction for contact lens insertion, removal and hygiene
- Conducting preliminary vision tests prior to the eye health examination
- Neutralization, repair, and adjustment of eyeglasses
- Assisting with orthoptics and other vision therapies for children and adults
- Assist the optometrist with examination procedures
- Train Low Vision patients for devices and appliances
- Manage effective recall systems
- Provide patients with ophthalmic frame and lens recommendations
- Communicate with vendors
- Maintain proper records and ensure patient privacy
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience
- Graduate of an accredited college in an Optometry assistant course
- Strong organizational & Planning skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to organize and run group programs
- Good knowledge of Optometry equipment, manufacturers and suppliers
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Hindi or Punjabi would be an asset.
We offer a great workplace and a clean spacious facility to work with. Our clinic comprises of various specialties and as such you will be in an exciting professional environment.
- Please specify your compensation requirements
- Only selected candidates will be contacted
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Start Date : Dec 1, 2012