Westmont Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Worse working experience
Current Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta15 June 2017
I have worked in hospitality for years and I loved it;until Westmont came into Mylife.

Regardless how busy the daily operation is running, it will always be a one man job ( while you need a minimum 2 or three). They will take you for granted and expect you to do more and more ( not offering you to take you shift break).
Poor communication skills from the Hotel Manager and lack of professionalism, respect, appreciation and basic work ethics. Will be hiding all day long in the office instead of LEADING and supporting the daily operation. Huge failure in PR and connecting with clients and guests.So much Favoritism and BS.

No policies are communicated but you are expected to follow them! REALLY!!!

Unsupportive, disrespectful, lack of recocgnition and leadership, seemed like "agenda" in this place towards both colleagues and guests ( Once it was suggested to put nonsmoking guest in a smoking rooms due to overbooking !! Surely they are considering United Airline as a business model).

It can be a place for a job ,but not THE place for a career.
Terrible Place to Work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2017
This place has bad Salary, terrible management and me myself and i work attitude. they will beat you down until you cant take it anymore. the turnover there is astounding and really speaks to hat the work life will be like.
Pros
Cons
everything
Westmont
Regional Controller / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2016
Pros: on-going training and tuition paid for further education. Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work involved daily income report, room statistics, payroll issues, payable, receivables, food and beverage, dealing with department managers, fitness club, parking, disputes, etc.

I learned to treat people with respect the way i was treated. My co-workers are probably the best and were the most important team members.

I was a member of the executive committee, and met once a week to discuss with the most important issues dealing with personnel, finances,expenses, capital assets, renovations, budgets, room occupancy, forecasts, etc

The hardest part of the job was to ensure financial statement were provided on timely and accurate basis by the end of the month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people who were hard working, loyal, trustworthy and helpful.
Very low morale
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 October 2016
I love my job and I am fantastic at it but I do not feel secure
The most enjoyable part is serving the guests
We don't have all the right tools to do the job...constantly scurrying around hotel during set up for an event....taking stock from different outlets...just to get thru a night.....its vey hard and frustrating
Stay Away from Westmont
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada25 November 2014
Totally unorganized and in constant re-structure mode meaning no ones jobs are safe.
Pros
Cons
management
Awesome employer
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON17 November 2014
Great place to work. Staff, from upper management to coworkers were all great.
Overall working experience was great.
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2014
I enjoyed working at the Westmont Hospitality Group. Management was great.
Pros
Free breakfast on Friday morning
Cons
My contract was very short there.
Overall a great place to work
Corporate Administrative Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mississauaga Ontarion.28 April 2014
I like working at Westmont. Over all its a great place to work.
Productive and funfilled workplace
Corporate Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2012
- A typical work day starts in the morning and closes after 8 hours of work.
- each day I learned new stuff in my field, with my system, rules of government, customer behaviour patterns etc
- Good Management with flexibility in working time
- Co-workers and like a family and we work well as a team.
- getting signatures from bossess ontime due to thier busy meeting schedules.
- Work at your pace within the rules of the organization and the within the time frame.
Pros
work on saturday's in lieu of emergency absence, free break fast on fridays
Cons
there is no increase in benefits or salary for the last 5 years.