POSITION: Asset Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
The incumbent would be responsible for supporting Asset Managers’ in various day to day responsibilities as well as various projects, and capital projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collect pricing data for capital approval and construct PR’s/ project approvals.
2. Support Capital Accounting on expediting rush payments and obtaining approvals or working through conflicts.
3. Maintain correspondence with hotel brand when undergoing inspection.
4. Manage capital project items for brand standard requirements and meet brand standard deadlines.
5. Report refinancing information to potential creditors.
6. Analyze, present and discuss new capital projects, capital plan summaries and various fees
7. Analyze and provide commentary on monthly financial statements and capital detail- reserves from revenue vs. capital expenditures spent to date, overtime analysis,
8. Prepare, analyze and present capital funding to third party lenders
9. Provide on-going information on Corporate Compliance for any new Provincial Regulations impacting hotel operations
10. Summarize, compare and analyze old and new contracts, lease and management agreements
11. Prepare monthly income summary and model analyses
12. Engage in conference calls regarding budget, design and capital.
13. Evaluate Management Agreement Fees, and Property Tax Assessments.
14. Project based modelling as request by Asset Management Team.
15. Conduct research for potential acquisitions and conversions.
16. Organize and schedule meetings and conference calls.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
1. Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent, and one to three years of relevant experience.
2. CFA designation would be an asset.
3. Demonstrated high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
4. Knowledge of/ experience in the Hotel industry is considered an asset.
5. Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
7. Proficiency in French is an asset
8. Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality
9. Some decision-making ability is required for infrequent unusual situations.
Governed by regular and predictable deadlines, however occasional interruptions may occur
Fast-paced work environment
Occasionally required to work extra hours
Occasionally required to travel
EXPECTED START DATE: ASAP
COMPENSATION: Salary is under review and is subject to skills, abilities and qualifications.
PLEASE FORWARD CHRONOLOGICAL RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO:
We thank all applicants, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PERSONAL ENQUIRIES PLEASE.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.