WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Fulfilling & Exciting Job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
West Jet has been a "miracle" job for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with guests, crews, management, not to mention the travel perks involved. The hardest part of the job has been my "commuting" , the long hours/days from home and time changes. I learned to appreciate Safety issues within the aviation world. Efficieny and awareness is of utmost importance while flying many guests across the country.
Pros
travel, crews become friends/family, meeting and serving the guests.
Cons
Long hours, time changes, lack of sleep.
Best employer I've ever had
Air Supply Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Westjet is the best employer I have ever been with. The hourly wage isn't great, but the total compensation package is outstanding and the company culture is fantastic!
Benefits
Cons
Hours are all over the place sometimes
great people
TAC CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2016
Loved my crew, love the job
I miss the day to day. When you spend so many hours with the guys on your crew you become family, and i miss that everyday.
Pros
flights
Cons
manager
A great career
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Toronto19 October 2016
My employment at WestJet was wonderful. It was a pleasure to put on the uniform and play a large part in exceeding guests'/customers' expectations every day. The trust and ownership that was placed with the employees was unprecedented and as a result why the company has enjoyed the success it has.
Pros
Travel Benefits, flexible schedule, and a very generous compensation package
Cons
Long days, away from home a lot, complicated commuter process
Flight benefits
Sales Supper Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
-Start my day by logging into my computer from home.

-I learn so much through the call center. Anywhere from booking, canceling, guest calling about guidelines on flight. Dealing with guest getting mad a you, crying and some have fun with you.

-Management is good, by boss is always willing to help me out in away possibly.

-Co-workers are great. The one time every 3 months you go in for a meeting we have smiles on our faces, and they are always willing to help each other out.

-The hardest part would be working from home. I could be in my place and not leave for 3 days and the interaction with other people.

-The enjoyable part is the benefits can not go wrong with them.
Pros
Great perks on flights
Cons
Being on the phone none stop for 7hrs minus your breaks and lunch
I am looking to have a position which is challenging but yet still place where I can be part of a team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 September 2016
I work as a Service Sales Agent. I answer calls to assist our Guests with Questions ,Booking of flights, and support each guest however they may need . From taking payments to general inquires.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
My shift hours
Proud Westjet Encore FA
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2016
Westjet Encore is an amazing company I have had the pleasure and privilege to be a part of since the first year established. It is a world of happy contagion. Everyone, is friendly, supportive, compassionate and helpful. Safety is our number one priority but the company is also committed to our health, happiness and wellbeing. We are small but mighty and growing fast. I welcome you to hop on board and "ROCK THE PROPS" with us. You will not be disappointed!!!!
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Away from home for days at a time
Hard worker
Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2016
This was a great place to work and the people I met was awesome. I learned the art of building areas to help me lead people long with understanding how to lead
Good work environment; great people!
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2016
As a DBA at WestJet, I was involved in installing database software on servers, creating databases for various applications, setting up regular maintenance and patching, and troubleshooting any issues.

Worked closely with Data Centre operations and Network people to ensure optimal performance and high availability. Also spent a good amount of time with application support personnel and software developers to optimize application performance. Most of the folks I worked with were enthusiastic, skilled and professional.

I enjoyed my time at WestJet from start to finish. I loved the work but it was the great bunch of people there that made it special.
Keep It
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2016
Love my job and the culture I get to work for. It was hard to get where I am but I wouldn't change it for anything.
Started at the airport and was able to work up with hard work and effort.
Great people and fun place to work with and our own team room to hang out
GSA Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  YUL27 July 2016
Best company for fast advancement with life balance schedule, it is a very family,friendly oriented company and they respect you and value your opinions.
employees not being treated the way the public is made to believe
Customer Service Agent at YYC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
very disappointed

only way you get anywhere in the company is to know someone or sleep with them .

no job security

too many leads with no experience and not enough employees

nobody to confide in

PACT - doesn't work or help their own when desperately in need
Pros
benefits and friends
Cons
politics / managers not knowing the job hired for
Great Travel benefits
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 July 2016
Great company but the travel benefits are worth the job. The only I would recommend is to have a second jobs as the pay is difficult to work with.
Pros
Great balance with another jobs and great travel benefits
Fun work place
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2016
When I worked with West Jet I really enjoyed the adventures and fun that most of us had. The benefits are great and you can make your own schedule to suit your lifestyle.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2016
Great company to work for in terms of culture and work environment. For a part time job their benefits are extremely good, you are able to work very flexible hours. Flight benefits are are also really nice also.
Pros
Work environment.
Cons
Lots of days needed to work
bad practice bad rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 June 2016
First off this review is in my opinion.

The company has a rather rapey reputation. Flying flight attendants out and having your way with them not good practice.
Also there new method of hiring is cruel at best. They bring in groups of people (around 20) and tell them they are hiring for jobs when they have zero openings and they keep doing this to build a 6 month pool of many people for no jobs and tell you to drop what your doing if they accept you at any point in time within the 6 months.
They have very slightly manipulative management that seem quite childish.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
nightmare management
Great Place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
Although salary is just okay, flight benefits and decent work conditions make for a good overall environment. Great culture and very good training. 365 day, 24 hour schedule can make home life a little hard. Best part however is working with great people and meeting many wonderful guests.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
24 hour operation
Great company with fantastic values
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Fun position with a great organization, customer service is number one with WestJet, the people are empowered to resolve any guest concerns. Management are supportive within WestJet. Co-workers are fantastic everyone works are a team and we get the job done.
Great Workplace, Horrible Pay
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
The people are great. The work is good. The company has morals, which is rare. However, the pay is not good at all. They tote travel benefits as a job perk, but you aren't paid enough to use them!
The Culture
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2016
The culture at Westjet is incredible. They also allow us to empower ourselves with making decisions. We also having the backing of the managers on the floor.

4.2