WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Productive fun
Technical Records Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
Excellent work culture focused on work/life balance and employee satisfaction. it has a fun and dynamic office culture. Management style focuses on the work that is being done, and doesnt micro manages.
Fun, Flexible, Incredible Benefits
Flight Attendant, Canada's favourite airline (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
An incredible employer, above all other airlines. The benefits are peerless, with the opportunity to put a portion of your wage into to the share program - great way to save and grow money! Travel the world with like minded people and have plenty of time off.
Pros
Travel, Culture, Wage, Lifestyle, very flexible
Cons
Sometimes long hours, up to five days away from home at a time, abnormal schedule/eating/sleeping can be hard on the body
Very disappointed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 June 2017
I started At westjet about 4 weeks ago, my performance was great, my attendance was excellent and I gave my 100% every day!
I did my first 2 test and I did great on them both in the 90's.

On my 3rd week our instructor changed our seating and i was place at a computer that was having a lot of issues.
I told my instructor and she had a look at it but nothing else was done to fix the problem.

All week I was not able to complete any practise on that computer, i would start my bookings and i would get strange errors.

I still tried very hard and came in early/Stayed late to make sure I did great like I did to begin with.

My 3rd test I failed and we get 1 rewrite and I failed again by not many points but obviously if I would have had a working computer i would Have never failed in the first place.

If you will hire staff make sure all equipment needed is working for all staff.
Pros
Flight benefits and the staff are nice.
Cons
Malfunctioning equipment
Nice people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2017
WestJet is a fun place to work with lots of nice coworkers. Days can have their challenging moments when flights are cancelled but overall there are processes in place to help make things better.
Pros
Employee Share Purchase Program / Cheap Flights
Cons
Early Shifts
Great culture!!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC and Abbotsford, BC4 June 2017
I loved working as a CSA in both Victoria and Abbotsford. (2001 - 2005?) Difficulty was the rate of pay, wished I could have stayed there longer. Great training and support and obviously a very successful airline. Thanks WestJet!!!!
Pros
Culture and guest service focus
Cons
Low pay
CEO has destroyed the fun and the once admired culture of WJ
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
Flight Attendants are incredibly undervalued at this company, and there are no black/white work rules to protect against fatigue daily work-work duties.
Pros
cheap flights and time off
Cons
work 10-14hr days, and only get paid for half the hours, Only enough time for 5-6hrs of sleep some nights. No senoirity.
Great work culture and benefits.
Airsupply agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2017
Fun workplace and meeting diverse people .
Flight benefits are great and work place very flexible.
The hardest part is because its an airline you work at many different hours.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
shift work
Politics
Customer Service/Baggage Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 May 2017
All management is looking out for themselves and don't want to hear the any feedback from frontline workers. But pay is ok after you put in your time and flight benefits is a nice bonus. Biggest problem is management and the willingness to change to make frontline workers job more productive.
Amazing and Fun Place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
I love working for this company however the shift work is difficult for family life.

Easy going environment, fun group of people to work with.

Given every tool and course required to complete your job.

Safety standard is top notch.
Pros
Fligths
Cons
Night shift
Fun and flexible
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Westjet airlines8 May 2017
Traveling, meeting and greeting guests is a part of an everyday flight at Westjet. Ensuring that guests not only have a great customer service experience, but most importantly that they arrive safely at their destinations. I have learned that kindness comes a long way, especially because traveling could be quite tiring for everyone. The management at Wesjet is excellent, and I feel well taken care of as an employee. The hardest part of this job for me is the constant changes of schedules. It's hard on the body and the body rhythms, however what I enjoy the most is relaxing in a sunny destination, and meeting amazing crews and guests along the way.
Pros
sunny layovers
Cons
long hours at times, away from home
One of the best places to work in Canada....
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
A truly great company to work for. Amazing bosses and co - workers. Great shifts such as 5 on 5 off. Company matched profit sharing up to 20 %. If you get the opportunity to work there , Take It...
Pros
Fun and casual.
Cons
None taht I can think of....
Quality Mentor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
I really loved working at WestJet. They treated me very kindly and gave me a lot of great experiences. I would spend my time mentoring agents who were having difficulties learning the call centre agent duties and procedures.
Racisme et discrimination
SSA (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2017
Le travail est très intéressant mais décevant de travailler avec des gens qui n'apprécient pas la différence.
Demande d'être bilingue mais il ne faut pas vraiment l'être.
anglophone unilingue ou baragouiner le français.
si vous venez du Québec, vous êtes automatiquement mis à la porte pour des raisons de racisme envers l'accent francophone du Québec.
Pros
travail de la maison
Cons
team leaser and manager racistes
Great Company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
Westjet was a once in a lifetime experience. There is no other company like it. I loved the culture and inspiration to be the best version of yourself.
Flight crew didn't have a typical schedule or day but mainly you would get people onboard, provide great service and have fun.
Pros
Free travel.
Cons
Constantly travelling.
Work hard, play some
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2017
WestJet is a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Lots of fun people to work with. However, the work life balance is not as respected as I had hoped. Management is mixed - some great mangers and some duds.
Good People for not Great Pay.
Technical Support Analyst I & II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
It is a good company to work for as an employee as the flight and profit share benefits are pretty good, but as a contract the company does not pay very well and there are no benefits at all for contractors.
Great work, with great employees
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
A great place to work with plenty to do, and very knowledgeable employees. Hours however is very long, and payment of employees is low compared to industry standards, for what is asked.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Coordinator - AOG A/C Material (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
Excellent place to work with good people and a great culture. WestJet takes care of its people which in turn takes care of its guests. Best in Aviation.
Pros
Profit Share and Employee Sahre Purchase Plan
Cons
Restructuring
Fun workplace, good culture
Analyst, Inflight Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  CA29 March 2017
Excellent culture - good flight benefits.
Bit slow on advancement, salary is average but share program makes a difference.

Co-workers are great, you end up with friends for life.

Younger company and lots of growth market wise.
Pros
Cons
Average salaries
good working environment
TAC (turn around crew) Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2017
its was really great working in this company they really taking care all there employee, family and life working balance..biding your schedule is a big help for all the employee to help us to find our time availability, having your career to be in westjet has a chance to upgrade your job opportunity not only stay in one position,,,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2