WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Efficient and fun
Experience support facilitator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Employee profit share and owner performance recongnition
Cons: Unsteady work schedule
Co-workers and managers are open minded, very pleasant. Every body kind of has the same language as we are all always talking about our last and next trip.

Managers are supportive and promote and encourage employees personal growth.
An amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), toronto, onJuly 13, 2015
Pros: profit share
Cons: irops
An amazing place to work, WestJet has an outstanding culture and reward they're employees constantly. Management understands and brings the team together.
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: Employees benefits
Cons: Opportunities to growth
Westjet is a fun place to work. Nice team environmet and great chance to interact with peer co-workers.

This company has great employee benefit plans as well as a friendly culture.

While working at the Helpdesk I was able to work with supervision with the opportunity to engage in few projects outside the service desk team.
Able to turn a dream into reality
Manager, Emergency Response (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 12, 2015
Pros: Ability to develop and expand program
Cons: Many hours away from home
I started my job at WestJet as Trainer for their Special Assistance Team (SAT) training - teaching employees how to help passengers in the event of an airplane accident or incident. The program was quite new when I joined the company, and I was able to grow it from less than 50 trained to over 3,000. After approximately one year, I was promoted to Emergency Response Manager, which included not only the SAT training, but also the emergency preparedness for the airline. I set up trained personnel in each of the Canadian WestJet bases, and ensured they were well trained in ER procedures and kep their base personnel up to date and ready. I coordinated and conducted mock training exercises and wrote programs for recurrent training. The hardest part of the job was turning off my brain and sleeping at night. I learned how to be an effective leader and excellent training facilitator. My team became very important to one another, and I enjoyed their input and effort so much. I was happy to accept the President's Award for Excellence.
Excellent Company
Super Sales Agent (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 29, 2015
Working for WestJet was a wonderful experience. The corporate culture allowed for positivity in the workplace and perpetuated the ideals of WestJet.
Fun Place to work.
Air Supply Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2015
Everyone I encounter on a day to day basis is pleasant to deal with. I love my Job! I love everything WestJet embodies! It is an exciting place to work. Primarily male on the ramp, it would be nice to see more women in the field.
Fast paced exciting environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2015
WestJet offers a very supportive and fun environment. Managers direct all day of operations ensuring all resources and tools in place to meet guests and operational needs.
Great starter job
In flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 7, 2015
Pros: great culture
Cons: Long hours and horrible pay
great culture and management, long hours lots of perks .however pay and advancement not there and needed something more stable for future
Intensive , however fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2015
I Had fun working in this company, however I felt like I needed a better fit for me, still working with people, I realized that using my skills in the medical field will make me more happy and I decided to change back my career.
Fun and friendly atmosphere
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun, flexible and very supportive environment
Cons: only one company like that in aviation canada
A great place to work where one grows professionally and would like to retire from. What makes it the best company is the manpower which is very satisfied and welcoming to the newcomers. I recommend this organization to anyone who wants to enjoy their work.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at WestJet as a contractor in their IT department. WestJet has a great culture that made working there a lot of fun, but also a great career experience.
A Great Place to Land
Guest Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: 10 hour days
* Performance Management
* Ran operation of airport
* Dealt with unruly guests
* Delayed flights, cancelled flights
excellent
Medical Audit and Quality Database (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough time to take advantage of all benefits
a great company to work for
Great family feel
great co workers
i would go back to work for them
Productive and fun place to work.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
Amazing place to work
Great work culture
I enjoyed my time there.
Fun, exciting, passionate and positive.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 8, 2014
Pros: travelling, meeting different from all over the world, fast paced, lifestyle career
Cons: high pressure, unusual hours
WestJet is an amazing company to be a part of. Everyone shares a common goal and that is to enrich the lives of everyone in WestJet's world by providing safe, friendly and affordable air travel. It's a different day everyday and definitely has it's perks.
Fun but fast paced
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2014
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: not all managers are good leaders.
Lots of challenging work to keep you interested. Great flight benefits. Great technology and no lack of work. Fast paced and very reactive most of the time.
Great Place to work.
T.A.C. Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 4, 2014
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: low wage
Great place to work, but the money is not the best. It is also hard to find enough hrs when you are just a PT employee.
Great group of guys to work with
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great team and good flight benefits
Cons: more overtime than you really want.
The team I work with includes some of the smartest guys in the city. When the bytes hit the packet, I know they will be there to help and provide sound, knowledgeable advice.

The downside is that we work extremely hard with very few "slow" days.
Awesome Company
A/C GROOMER (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 24, 2014
Great atmosphere, great co workers, great benefits, flight benefits, line maintenance, awesome management. Company makes you feel like being part of a family.
Don't plan to use travel perks? Don't work here.
GUEST SERVICE AMBASSADOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2014
Pros: travel discount can be massive when flying standby, $20 to vegas, for eg.
Cons: shift lengths vary from one extreme to another.
Every employee here will agree with the title statement.

You must pay your dues and work entry level at near-to minimum wage. Probation is 6 months. Cannot apply for any opportunities until you've been working for 6 months. Basic employee perks until you've hit 6 months experience as well.

While you can trade shifts, you will never get something consistent you can rely on to make a second work with without a lot of effort.

1 2 3

About WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Ltd. is a Canadian low-cost carrier that provides scheduled and charter air service to 88 destinations in Canada, – Read more