WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Full-time Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Great place to work with an amazing culture! Ive worked in many airlines and by far Westjet has been my ultimate favorite company to work for. I would say the hardest part of my job would be to be away from home and deal with unsatisfied customers, because unfortunately as an airline not every aspect can be satisfying for our flyers but we do our best to keep them as happy and safe as we can!
Pros
flight benefits and being part owner
Cons
being away from home
Flight benefits
Sales Supper Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
-Start my day by logging into my computer from home.

-I learn so much through the call center. Anywhere from booking, canceling, guest calling about guidelines on flight. Dealing with guest getting mad a you, crying and some have fun with you.

-Management is good, by boss is always willing to help me out in away possibly.

-Co-workers are great. The one time every 3 months you go in for a meeting we have smiles on our faces, and they are always willing to help each other out.

-The hardest part would be working from home. I could be in my place and not leave for 3 days and the interaction with other people.

-The enjoyable part is the benefits can not go wrong with them.
Pros
Great perks on flights
Cons
Being on the phone none stop for 7hrs minus your breaks and lunch
fun work place
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 January 2017
flexible schedule, lots of advancement opportunities. you choose when you want to work the benefits are great best part of the job. one gets to travel see new places and meet people. not to mention you get to eat great food
A great career
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Toronto19 October 2016
My employment at WestJet was wonderful. It was a pleasure to put on the uniform and play a large part in exceeding guests'/customers' expectations every day. The trust and ownership that was placed with the employees was unprecedented and as a result why the company has enjoyed the success it has.
Pros
Travel Benefits, flexible schedule, and a very generous compensation package
Cons
Long days, away from home a lot, complicated commuter process
Great work environnement
Agent de bord (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 February 2017
Great place to work, great job with lots of flexibility, travel, great colleagues. Perfect job for me to combine my musical career.
Pros
Travel benefits, flexible schedule, great sal
Best employer I've ever had
Air Supply Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Westjet is the best employer I have ever been with. The hourly wage isn't great, but the total compensation package is outstanding and the company culture is fantastic!
Benefits
Cons
Hours are all over the place sometimes
Proud Westjet Encore FA
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2016
Westjet Encore is an amazing company I have had the pleasure and privilege to be a part of since the first year established. It is a world of happy contagion. Everyone, is friendly, supportive, compassionate and helpful. Safety is our number one priority but the company is also committed to our health, happiness and wellbeing. We are small but mighty and growing fast. I welcome you to hop on board and "ROCK THE PROPS" with us. You will not be disappointed!!!!
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Away from home for days at a time
I am looking to have a position which is challenging but yet still place where I can be part of a team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 September 2016
I work as a Service Sales Agent. I answer calls to assist our Guests with Questions ,Booking of flights, and support each guest however they may need . From taking payments to general inquires.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
My shift hours
employees not being treated the way the public is made to believe
Customer Service Agent at YYC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
very disappointed

only way you get anywhere in the company is to know someone or sleep with them .

no job security

too many leads with no experience and not enough employees

nobody to confide in

PACT - doesn't work or help their own when desperately in need
Pros
benefits and friends
Cons
politics / managers not knowing the job hired for
Fulfilling & Exciting Job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
West Jet has been a "miracle" job for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with guests, crews, management, not to mention the travel perks involved. The hardest part of the job has been my "commuting" , the long hours/days from home and time changes. I learned to appreciate Safety issues within the aviation world. Efficieny and awareness is of utmost importance while flying many guests across the country.
Pros
travel, crews become friends/family, meeting and serving the guests.
Cons
Long hours, time changes, lack of sleep.
Great team environment, with freedom to move up.
Turn Around Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
Westjet is known to be one of the best employers in Canada, and my experience is one that speaks truly to that. At Westjet you feel taken care of and looked after, you are part of a family. There is lots of room to move up in the company, the benefits are obviously amazing. The pay is alright, but the Westjet stock makes up for the average wage. Hardest part about the job would be working with Turn Around Crew, you don't often get to engage with customers directly so it can be hard if you aim to please customers. The hours can be wonky, but it's the airlines, what can you expect?
Pros
flight benefits, room to move up, stocks
Cons
Hours
Great Travel benefits
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 July 2016
Great company but the travel benefits are worth the job. The only I would recommend is to have a second jobs as the pay is difficult to work with.
Pros
Great balance with another jobs and great travel benefits
Great Place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
Although salary is just okay, flight benefits and decent work conditions make for a good overall environment. Great culture and very good training. 365 day, 24 hour schedule can make home life a little hard. Best part however is working with great people and meeting many wonderful guests.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
24 hour operation
A great company to be part of
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Westjet Airlines a great team to be part of the atmosphere workplace and the people, it is trully never a dull momnent ! a typical day is that everyone is friendly I enjoy making people smile and helping out in every way I can. We all work together thats what makes us a strong team that's what makes "Westjet" a Great Airline "Team Work" the managment are very suportive of every one of us,the culture at westjet is friendly and helpful. the hardest part of my job is when I can not make a guest smile (which is not often).
The enjoyable part is when I walk in to work and make my co-workers and guest smile!
Pros
great deal on flight
Cons
being on standby
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2016
Great company to work for in terms of culture and work environment. For a part time job their benefits are extremely good, you are able to work very flexible hours. Flight benefits are are also really nice also.
Pros
Work environment.
Cons
Lots of days needed to work
WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  YCD1 January 2017
Here in YCD our typical day starts at 4am. We set up and check all our guests in then board the plane and send it on its way. I have learned to be fast, efficient and friendly all at the same time :) We do not work under much management so we are a diligent bunch of co-workers with excellent team work skills. The hardest part of my job is keeping everyone happy, especially during foggy season :( but we manage to pull it off without too many hiccups :) The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my team and the team on the ramp. Go YCD!
Culture of FEAR
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2016
Do not believe the hype. This is not the Happy Ever After that people talk about. Santa would be dropping a few lumps of coal and not Big Screen TVs. Management has little to no understanding of what goes on, or how to actually manage. Support for fellow co workers is laughable. Favorites are chosen for all new positions and advancement oppertunities go to those that best serve the needs of decision makers. Leadership is kept in the dark and blinded by large payouts. Those that try to bring about change are the first to be pushed out the door and those left behind either cheer for the continued painful changes or are scared to lose what they quietly think is unacceptable. Work rules favor the corporation and are beyond unsafe, fatigue for Pilots and Cabin Crew is a big concern however if you actually call in too tired to work you are given a written warning and threatened. No concideration for the assets, tho they are human, is given while the company uses the cheapest "solutions" for scheduling and pay. Benefits continue to get squeezed and if anyone says anything they are blacklisted and next to be "written up". Sad place to spend the years I did, here's hoping no one else makes the same mistake. Follow your dreams, not the exploitation and segregation that WestJet Offers.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Unsafe Work Conditions
Living The Dream
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 March 2016
A typical workk day includes great conversation with my team and guests in a comfortable, condident environment. I have learned to communicate with anyone and everyone and to problem solve professionally and quicly in high stress situations. I can manage my time well and work effectively with my team as well as unsupervised. My co-workers are a lot of fun and we all share the same goals, providing superior customer service and safetly performing on time. The hardest part of my job is problem solving with difficult people, however, I enjoy it and am successful at it...9 times out of 10...The most enjoyable part of my job is a succesful turn with happy guest and happy co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Cut Backs and Salary Freeze
good working environment
TAC (turn around crew) Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2017
its was really great working in this company they really taking care all there employee, family and life working balance..biding your schedule is a big help for all the employee to help us to find our time availability, having your career to be in westjet has a chance to upgrade your job opportunity not only stay in one position,,,
Workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2016
Job culture at WestJEt is amazing. Co-workers are friendly and management is good to their employees. A typical day at work would be performing safety checks, ensuring all guest are well taken care off, and of course being friendly. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what may happen. The most enjoyable part of the job is always working with new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3