WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Great Company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
Westjet was a once in a lifetime experience. There is no other company like it. I loved the culture and inspiration to be the best version of yourself.
Flight crew didn't have a typical schedule or day but mainly you would get people onboard, provide great service and have fun.
Pros
Free travel.
Cons
Constantly travelling.
Work hard, play some
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2017
WestJet is a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Lots of fun people to work with. However, the work life balance is not as respected as I had hoped. Management is mixed - some great mangers and some duds.
Good People for not Great Pay.
Technical Support Analyst I & II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
It is a good company to work for as an employee as the flight and profit share benefits are pretty good, but as a contract the company does not pay very well and there are no benefits at all for contractors.
Great work, with great employees
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
A great place to work with plenty to do, and very knowledgeable employees. Hours however is very long, and payment of employees is low compared to industry standards, for what is asked.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Coordinator - AOG A/C Material (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
Excellent place to work with good people and a great culture. WestJet takes care of its people which in turn takes care of its guests. Best in Aviation.
Pros
Profit Share and Employee Sahre Purchase Plan
Cons
Restructuring
Fun workplace, good culture
Analyst, Inflight Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  CA29 March 2017
Excellent culture - good flight benefits.
Bit slow on advancement, salary is average but share program makes a difference.

Co-workers are great, you end up with friends for life.

Younger company and lots of growth market wise.
Pros
Cons
Average salaries
good working environment
TAC (turn around crew) Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2017
its was really great working in this company they really taking care all there employee, family and life working balance..biding your schedule is a big help for all the employee to help us to find our time availability, having your career to be in westjet has a chance to upgrade your job opportunity not only stay in one position,,,
Fun environment
Full-time Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Great place to work with an amazing culture! Ive worked in many airlines and by far Westjet has been my ultimate favorite company to work for. I would say the hardest part of my job would be to be away from home and deal with unsatisfied customers, because unfortunately as an airline not every aspect can be satisfying for our flyers but we do our best to keep them as happy and safe as we can!
Pros
flight benefits and being part owner
Cons
being away from home
Great work environnement
Agent de bord (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 February 2017
Great place to work, great job with lots of flexibility, travel, great colleagues. Perfect job for me to combine my musical career.
Pros
Travel benefits, flexible schedule, great sal
A great company to be part of
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Westjet Airlines a great team to be part of the atmosphere workplace and the people, it is trully never a dull momnent ! a typical day is that everyone is friendly I enjoy making people smile and helping out in every way I can. We all work together thats what makes us a strong team that's what makes "Westjet" a Great Airline "Team Work" the managment are very suportive of every one of us,the culture at westjet is friendly and helpful. the hardest part of my job is when I can not make a guest smile (which is not often).
The enjoyable part is when I walk in to work and make my co-workers and guest smile!
Pros
great deal on flight
Cons
being on standby
It's a wonderful place to work. I miss it dearly. I wish I could go back, have a second chance.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Fun and growing company with excellent value. Team work is great. It's an excellent and privileged place to work. Their value of kindness always touched me
Fun work enviroment
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2017
Good place to put your foot at the door in the airline industry. However if you can't deal with stress and a fast pace place to work at, this industry may not be the thing for you. You have to learn to think on your feet be patient and helpful. Excellent customer service is a must in order to work in this industry, Short fused leave it at home.
Fun place to work with ever changing enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
West Jet is a Great Place to work, their Culture is uplifting and having the chance to be a part of the future is a fabulous part of being there.
At West Jet its not just a place to work its a Family, a place to grow, and a Place to be a part of something Great.
Productive, safe environment. Awesome benefits.
Part-Time Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Management was very easygoing, yet strict at times when they needed to be. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help WestJet customers. The hardest part of the job were the shifts because most of the shifts I had to work began at 3am.
fun work place
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 January 2017
flexible schedule, lots of advancement opportunities. you choose when you want to work the benefits are great best part of the job. one gets to travel see new places and meet people. not to mention you get to eat great food
Hello there
Lebour (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
I like the work and to learn new job . I work before in different places. As sales . Restaurant in food . Waiter in restaurant. Sales in furniture company.
Pros
It depends
Cons
It depends to work
WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  YCD1 January 2017
Here in YCD our typical day starts at 4am. We set up and check all our guests in then board the plane and send it on its way. I have learned to be fast, efficient and friendly all at the same time :) We do not work under much management so we are a diligent bunch of co-workers with excellent team work skills. The hardest part of my job is keeping everyone happy, especially during foggy season :( but we manage to pull it off without too many hiccups :) The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my team and the team on the ramp. Go YCD!
Workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2016
Job culture at WestJEt is amazing. Co-workers are friendly and management is good to their employees. A typical day at work would be performing safety checks, ensuring all guest are well taken care off, and of course being friendly. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what may happen. The most enjoyable part of the job is always working with new people.
great work environment positive team
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
It was a great opportunity, I worked with a great team and in a positive work environment. I felt very productive going to work everyday. I really enjoyed my job.
Fulfilling & Exciting Job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
West Jet has been a "miracle" job for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with guests, crews, management, not to mention the travel perks involved. The hardest part of the job has been my "commuting" , the long hours/days from home and time changes. I learned to appreciate Safety issues within the aviation world. Efficieny and awareness is of utmost importance while flying many guests across the country.
Pros
travel, crews become friends/family, meeting and serving the guests.
Cons
Long hours, time changes, lack of sleep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3