WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

good working environment
TAC (turn around crew) Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2017
its was really great working in this company they really taking care all there employee, family and life working balance..biding your schedule is a big help for all the employee to help us to find our time availability, having your career to be in westjet has a chance to upgrade your job opportunity not only stay in one position,,,
Fun environment
Full-time Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Great place to work with an amazing culture! Ive worked in many airlines and by far Westjet has been my ultimate favorite company to work for. I would say the hardest part of my job would be to be away from home and deal with unsatisfied customers, because unfortunately as an airline not every aspect can be satisfying for our flyers but we do our best to keep them as happy and safe as we can!
Pros
flight benefits and being part owner
Cons
being away from home
Great work environnement
Agent de bord (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 February 2017
Great place to work, great job with lots of flexibility, travel, great colleagues. Perfect job for me to combine my musical career.
Pros
Travel benefits, flexible schedule, great sal
A great company to be part of
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Westjet Airlines a great team to be part of the atmosphere workplace and the people, it is trully never a dull momnent ! a typical day is that everyone is friendly I enjoy making people smile and helping out in every way I can. We all work together thats what makes us a strong team that's what makes "Westjet" a Great Airline "Team Work" the managment are very suportive of every one of us,the culture at westjet is friendly and helpful. the hardest part of my job is when I can not make a guest smile (which is not often).
The enjoyable part is when I walk in to work and make my co-workers and guest smile!
Pros
great deal on flight
Cons
being on standby
It's a wonderful place to work. I miss it dearly. I wish I could go back, have a second chance.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Fun and growing company with excellent value. Team work is great. It's an excellent and privileged place to work. Their value of kindness always touched me
Fun work enviroment
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2017
Good place to put your foot at the door in the airline industry. However if you can't deal with stress and a fast pace place to work at, this industry may not be the thing for you. You have to learn to think on your feet be patient and helpful. Excellent customer service is a must in order to work in this industry, Short fused leave it at home.
Fun place to work with ever changing enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
West Jet is a Great Place to work, their Culture is uplifting and having the chance to be a part of the future is a fabulous part of being there.
At West Jet its not just a place to work its a Family, a place to grow, and a Place to be a part of something Great.
Productive, safe environment. Awesome benefits.
Part-Time Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Management was very easygoing, yet strict at times when they needed to be. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help WestJet customers. The hardest part of the job were the shifts because most of the shifts I had to work began at 3am.
fun work place
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 January 2017
flexible schedule, lots of advancement opportunities. you choose when you want to work the benefits are great best part of the job. one gets to travel see new places and meet people. not to mention you get to eat great food
Hello there
Lebour (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
I like the work and to learn new job . I work before in different places. As sales . Restaurant in food . Waiter in restaurant. Sales in furniture company.
Pros
It depends
Cons
It depends to work

Want to know more about WestJet Airlines?

Ask a question
WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  YCD1 January 2017
Here in YCD our typical day starts at 4am. We set up and check all our guests in then board the plane and send it on its way. I have learned to be fast, efficient and friendly all at the same time :) We do not work under much management so we are a diligent bunch of co-workers with excellent team work skills. The hardest part of my job is keeping everyone happy, especially during foggy season :( but we manage to pull it off without too many hiccups :) The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my team and the team on the ramp. Go YCD!
Workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2016
Job culture at WestJEt is amazing. Co-workers are friendly and management is good to their employees. A typical day at work would be performing safety checks, ensuring all guest are well taken care off, and of course being friendly. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what may happen. The most enjoyable part of the job is always working with new people.
great work environment positive team
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
It was a great opportunity, I worked with a great team and in a positive work environment. I felt very productive going to work everyday. I really enjoyed my job.
Fulfilling & Exciting Job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
West Jet has been a "miracle" job for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with guests, crews, management, not to mention the travel perks involved. The hardest part of the job has been my "commuting" , the long hours/days from home and time changes. I learned to appreciate Safety issues within the aviation world. Efficieny and awareness is of utmost importance while flying many guests across the country.
Pros
travel, crews become friends/family, meeting and serving the guests.
Cons
Long hours, time changes, lack of sleep.
Best employer I've ever had
Air Supply Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Westjet is the best employer I have ever been with. The hourly wage isn't great, but the total compensation package is outstanding and the company culture is fantastic!
Benefits
Cons
Hours are all over the place sometimes
great people
TAC CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2016
Loved my crew, love the job
I miss the day to day. When you spend so many hours with the guys on your crew you become family, and i miss that everyday.
Pros
flights
Cons
manager
A great career
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Toronto19 October 2016
My employment at WestJet was wonderful. It was a pleasure to put on the uniform and play a large part in exceeding guests'/customers' expectations every day. The trust and ownership that was placed with the employees was unprecedented and as a result why the company has enjoyed the success it has.
Pros
Travel Benefits, flexible schedule, and a very generous compensation package
Cons
Long days, away from home a lot, complicated commuter process
Flight benefits
Sales Supper Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
-Start my day by logging into my computer from home.

-I learn so much through the call center. Anywhere from booking, canceling, guest calling about guidelines on flight. Dealing with guest getting mad a you, crying and some have fun with you.

-Management is good, by boss is always willing to help me out in away possibly.

-Co-workers are great. The one time every 3 months you go in for a meeting we have smiles on our faces, and they are always willing to help each other out.

-The hardest part would be working from home. I could be in my place and not leave for 3 days and the interaction with other people.

-The enjoyable part is the benefits can not go wrong with them.
Pros
Great perks on flights
Cons
Being on the phone none stop for 7hrs minus your breaks and lunch
I am looking to have a position which is challenging but yet still place where I can be part of a team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 September 2016
I work as a Service Sales Agent. I answer calls to assist our Guests with Questions ,Booking of flights, and support each guest however they may need . From taking payments to general inquires.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
My shift hours
Proud Westjet Encore FA
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2016
Westjet Encore is an amazing company I have had the pleasure and privilege to be a part of since the first year established. It is a world of happy contagion. Everyone, is friendly, supportive, compassionate and helpful. Safety is our number one priority but the company is also committed to our health, happiness and wellbeing. We are small but mighty and growing fast. I welcome you to hop on board and "ROCK THE PROPS" with us. You will not be disappointed!!!!
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Away from home for days at a time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3