WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Great work culture and benefits.
Airsupply agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2017
Fun workplace and meeting diverse people .
Flight benefits are great and work place very flexible.
The hardest part is because its an airline you work at many different hours.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
shift work
Politics
Customer Service/Baggage Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 May 2017
All management is looking out for themselves and don't want to hear the any feedback from frontline workers. But pay is ok after you put in your time and flight benefits is a nice bonus. Biggest problem is management and the willingness to change to make frontline workers job more productive.
Amazing and Fun Place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
I love working for this company however the shift work is difficult for family life.

Easy going environment, fun group of people to work with.

Given every tool and course required to complete your job.

Safety standard is top notch.
Pros
Fligths
Cons
Night shift
Fun and flexible
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Westjet airlines8 May 2017
Traveling, meeting and greeting guests is a part of an everyday flight at Westjet. Ensuring that guests not only have a great customer service experience, but most importantly that they arrive safely at their destinations. I have learned that kindness comes a long way, especially because traveling could be quite tiring for everyone. The management at Wesjet is excellent, and I feel well taken care of as an employee. The hardest part of this job for me is the constant changes of schedules. It's hard on the body and the body rhythms, however what I enjoy the most is relaxing in a sunny destination, and meeting amazing crews and guests along the way.
Pros
sunny layovers
Cons
long hours at times, away from home
One of the best places to work in Canada....
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
A truly great company to work for. Amazing bosses and co - workers. Great shifts such as 5 on 5 off. Company matched profit sharing up to 20 %. If you get the opportunity to work there , Take It...
Pros
Fun and casual.
Cons
None taht I can think of....
Quality Mentor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
I really loved working at WestJet. They treated me very kindly and gave me a lot of great experiences. I would spend my time mentoring agents who were having difficulties learning the call centre agent duties and procedures.
Racisme et discrimination
SSA (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2017
Le travail est très intéressant mais décevant de travailler avec des gens qui n'apprécient pas la différence.
Demande d'être bilingue mais il ne faut pas vraiment l'être.
anglophone unilingue ou baragouiner le français.
si vous venez du Québec, vous êtes automatiquement mis à la porte pour des raisons de racisme envers l'accent francophone du Québec.
Pros
travail de la maison
Cons
team leaser and manager racistes
Great Company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
Westjet was a once in a lifetime experience. There is no other company like it. I loved the culture and inspiration to be the best version of yourself.
Flight crew didn't have a typical schedule or day but mainly you would get people onboard, provide great service and have fun.
Pros
Free travel.
Cons
Constantly travelling.
Work hard, play some
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2017
WestJet is a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Lots of fun people to work with. However, the work life balance is not as respected as I had hoped. Management is mixed - some great mangers and some duds.
Good People for not Great Pay.
Technical Support Analyst I & II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
It is a good company to work for as an employee as the flight and profit share benefits are pretty good, but as a contract the company does not pay very well and there are no benefits at all for contractors.

Want to know more about WestJet Airlines?

Ask a question
Great work, with great employees
Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
A great place to work with plenty to do, and very knowledgeable employees. Hours however is very long, and payment of employees is low compared to industry standards, for what is asked.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Coordinator - AOG A/C Material (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
Excellent place to work with good people and a great culture. WestJet takes care of its people which in turn takes care of its guests. Best in Aviation.
Pros
Profit Share and Employee Sahre Purchase Plan
Cons
Restructuring
Fun workplace, good culture
Analyst, Inflight Business Solutions (Former Employee) –  CA29 March 2017
Excellent culture - good flight benefits.
Bit slow on advancement, salary is average but share program makes a difference.

Co-workers are great, you end up with friends for life.

Younger company and lots of growth market wise.
Pros
Cons
Average salaries
good working environment
TAC (turn around crew) Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2017
its was really great working in this company they really taking care all there employee, family and life working balance..biding your schedule is a big help for all the employee to help us to find our time availability, having your career to be in westjet has a chance to upgrade your job opportunity not only stay in one position,,,
Fun environment
Full-time Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Great place to work with an amazing culture! Ive worked in many airlines and by far Westjet has been my ultimate favorite company to work for. I would say the hardest part of my job would be to be away from home and deal with unsatisfied customers, because unfortunately as an airline not every aspect can be satisfying for our flyers but we do our best to keep them as happy and safe as we can!
Pros
flight benefits and being part owner
Cons
being away from home
Great work environnement
Agent de bord (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 February 2017
Great place to work, great job with lots of flexibility, travel, great colleagues. Perfect job for me to combine my musical career.
Pros
Travel benefits, flexible schedule, great sal
A great company to be part of
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Westjet Airlines a great team to be part of the atmosphere workplace and the people, it is trully never a dull momnent ! a typical day is that everyone is friendly I enjoy making people smile and helping out in every way I can. We all work together thats what makes us a strong team that's what makes "Westjet" a Great Airline "Team Work" the managment are very suportive of every one of us,the culture at westjet is friendly and helpful. the hardest part of my job is when I can not make a guest smile (which is not often).
The enjoyable part is when I walk in to work and make my co-workers and guest smile!
Pros
great deal on flight
Cons
being on standby
It's a wonderful place to work. I miss it dearly. I wish I could go back, have a second chance.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Fun and growing company with excellent value. Team work is great. It's an excellent and privileged place to work. Their value of kindness always touched me
Fun work enviroment
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2017
Good place to put your foot at the door in the airline industry. However if you can't deal with stress and a fast pace place to work at, this industry may not be the thing for you. You have to learn to think on your feet be patient and helpful. Excellent customer service is a must in order to work in this industry, Short fused leave it at home.
Fun place to work with ever changing enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
West Jet is a Great Place to work, their Culture is uplifting and having the chance to be a part of the future is a fabulous part of being there.
At West Jet its not just a place to work its a Family, a place to grow, and a Place to be a part of something Great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3