WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews in Canada

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2016
Great company to work for in terms of culture and work environment. For a part time job their benefits are extremely good, you are able to work very flexible hours. Flight benefits are are also really nice also.
Pros
Work environment.
Cons
Lots of days needed to work
bad practice bad rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 14, 2016
First off this review is in my opinion.

The company has a rather rapey reputation. Flying flight attendants out and having your way with them not good practice.
Also there new method of hiring is cruel at best. They bring in groups of people (around 20) and tell them they are hiring for jobs when they have zero openings and they keep doing this to build a 6 month pool of many people for no jobs and tell you to drop what your doing if they accept you at any point in time within the 6 months.
They have very slightly manipulative management that seem quite childish.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
nightmare management
Great Place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
Although salary is just okay, flight benefits and decent work conditions make for a good overall environment. Great culture and very good training. 365 day, 24 hour schedule can make home life a little hard. Best part however is working with great people and meeting many wonderful guests.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
24 hour operation
Great company with fantastic values
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2016
Fun position with a great organization, customer service is number one with WestJet, the people are empowered to resolve any guest concerns. Management are supportive within WestJet. Co-workers are fantastic everyone works are a team and we get the job done.
Great Workplace, Horrible Pay
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
The people are great. The work is good. The company has morals, which is rare. However, the pay is not good at all. They tote travel benefits as a job perk, but you aren't paid enough to use them!
The Culture
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 29, 2016
The culture at Westjet is incredible. They also allow us to empower ourselves with making decisions. We also having the backing of the managers on the floor.
Very fun, team oriented and very supportuve
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Shift work, early mornings, evenings, weekends.
Checking customers in, taking their bags, trouble shooting
Complete Flight crew documents prepare aircraft for boarding
Brief with Flight crew, board guests according to Transport Canada Guidelines.
Hardest part of the job: Working twelve hour shifts, working every holiday. Very physical.
Most enjoyable: Family and team oriented, laughs, fun, and management very supportive.
Pros
took the job seriously but not ourselves
Cons
Great team environment, with freedom to move up.
Turn Around Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
Westjet is known to be one of the best employers in Canada, and my experience is one that speaks truly to that. At Westjet you feel taken care of and looked after, you are part of a family. There is lots of room to move up in the company, the benefits are obviously amazing. The pay is alright, but the Westjet stock makes up for the average wage. Hardest part about the job would be working with Turn Around Crew, you don't often get to engage with customers directly so it can be hard if you aim to please customers. The hours can be wonky, but it's the airlines, what can you expect?
Pros
flight benefits, room to move up, stocks
Cons
Hours
loved my job
Air Supply Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
I loved working for westjet it was a fun place to work the one and only place where I seen team work like no other. I loved getting up to go to work and see the people I was working with
Pros
all of it
Cons
nothing
Excellent Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT YVR (Current Employee) –  YVRMay 17, 2016
Customer service is the excellence of WestJet and I have that quality. I participated in several committees during my 10 years and I love to be involved.

I enjoy people and I am an excellent listener and can work as an individual or as a team with ease.
Pros
The culture. To laugh at work is a plus. To excell at work takes effort and I do both
Cons
24 hour shift work is very hard
Great Company and even better people
Training Liaison, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 16, 2016
This job surrounds you with some pretty amazing people. It is very demanding and the clientele are often less than appreciative but you do earn your thick skin.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Shift work and unpredictable staffing
Sales Super Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2016
Great place to work! Working nights did not work for my family. If you like working from home this is definitely the job for you!
Pros
They treat their employees fantastic!
Cons
Shift work
Culture of FEAR
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 27, 2016
Do not believe the hype. This is not the Happy Ever After that people talk about. Santa would be dropping a few lumps of coal and not Big Screen TVs. Management has little to no understanding of what goes on, or how to actually manage. Support for fellow co workers is laughable. Favorites are chosen for all new positions and advancement oppertunities go to those that best serve the needs of decision makers. Leadership is kept in the dark and blinded by large payouts. Those that try to bring about change are the first to be pushed out the door and those left behind either cheer for the continued painful changes or are scared to lose what they quietly think is unacceptable. Work rules favor the corporation and are beyond unsafe, fatigue for Pilots and Cabin Crew is a big concern however if you actually call in too tired to work you are given a written warning and threatened. No concideration for the assets, tho they are human, is given while the company uses the cheapest "solutions" for scheduling and pay. Benefits continue to get squeezed and if anyone says anything they are blacklisted and next to be "written up". Sad place to spend the years I did, here's hoping no one else makes the same mistake. Follow your dreams, not the exploitation and segregation that WestJet Offers.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Unsafe Work Conditions
Fast paced and fun environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 9, 2016
I have had the privelige of working for this amazing company for the past decade and cannot imagine my life without them. I've learned so much about human behaviour, air travel and how to connect and communicate with those around me. I'm treated with the utmost respect and appreciation by my management team and I feel very lucky to be such an important part of our success.
Pros
Celebrating Success
Cons
long days/nights
Management needs a change
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
WestJet used to be a great place to work. When management still cared about their employees and actually supported the employees. The company has gotten too big too quick and the happiness that used to be going to work is no longer there.
Pros
Travel, health benefits, salary
Cons
management
Attitude is Everything!
Guest Services Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMarch 23, 2016
My current position is a Monday - Friday, 9-5 which I enjoy very much.
I get along well on a team or working alone.

I love working with Retirement & seniors.
My management team is great!

The only reason I would leave this company is to move up to a better role, & learn more.

Get work done & have fun while doing it!
Treat everyone how you want to be treated.
Living The Dream
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 9, 2016
A typical workk day includes great conversation with my team and guests in a comfortable, condident environment. I have learned to communicate with anyone and everyone and to problem solve professionally and quicly in high stress situations. I can manage my time well and work effectively with my team as well as unsupervised. My co-workers are a lot of fun and we all share the same goals, providing superior customer service and safetly performing on time. The hardest part of my job is problem solving with difficult people, however, I enjoy it and am successful at it...9 times out of 10...The most enjoyable part of my job is a succesful turn with happy guest and happy co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Cut Backs and Salary Freeze
Fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day at work was checking in guests for flights, helping with flights, bridging aircrafts. I learned how to really deal with people and how much fun you can have at a workplace. My management team I found unsupportive which is why I left. My coworkers were amazing! The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who you couldn't help due to flight schedule, when someone had died and they couldn't get a flight out. That was heartbreaking. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a lot of new people and having fun!
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Moved away so had to resign. Best place I have ever worked!!!
Would go back in a second! You bid on the hours you want and the hours are really flexible if you pick right.
Pros
Friends, bonuses, shares, and travel
Cons
long shifts
Welcoming Corporate Culture
Advisor, Occupational Health & Safety (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2015
WestJet's corporate culture stands out as cohesive and positive. Every organization has their highs and lows in regards to company moral but I've been honoured and enlightened to experience and to contribute to WestJet's culture as we overcame poor moral challenges.

4.2