WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
Amazing place to work
Great work culture
I enjoyed my time there.
Fun, exciting, passionate and positive.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 8, 2014
Pros: travelling, meeting different from all over the world, fast paced, lifestyle career
Cons: high pressure, unusual hours
WestJet is an amazing company to be a part of. Everyone shares a common goal and that is to enrich the lives of everyone in WestJet's world by providing safe, friendly and affordable air travel. It's a different day everyday and definitely has it's perks.
Fun but fast paced
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2014
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: not all managers are good leaders.
Lots of challenging work to keep you interested. Great flight benefits. Great technology and no lack of work. Fast paced and very reactive most of the time.
Great Place to work.
T.A.C. Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 4, 2014
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: low wage
Great place to work, but the money is not the best. It is also hard to find enough hrs when you are just a PT employee.
Great group of guys to work with
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great team and good flight benefits
Cons: more overtime than you really want.
The team I work with includes some of the smartest guys in the city. When the bytes hit the packet, I know they will be there to help and provide sound, knowledgeable advice.

The downside is that we work extremely hard with very few "slow" days.
Awesome Company
A/C GROOMER (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 24, 2014
Great atmosphere, great co workers, great benefits, flight benefits, line maintenance, awesome management. Company makes you feel like being part of a family.
Don't plan to use travel perks? Don't work here.
GUEST SERVICE AMBASSADOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2014
Pros: travel discount can be massive when flying standby, $20 to vegas, for eg.
Cons: shift lengths vary from one extreme to another.
Every employee here will agree with the title statement.

You must pay your dues and work entry level at near-to minimum wage. Probation is 6 months. Cannot apply for any opportunities until you've been working for 6 months. Basic employee perks until you've hit 6 months experience as well.

While you can trade shifts, you will never get something consistent – more... you can rely on to make a second work with without a lot of effort. – less
Enjoyed my travel benefits.
Super Sales Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Booking flights for clients, and answering questions about their flights.
Energetic and Fulfilliing
Uniform Center Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 21, 2014
A team of employees that fulfilled every aspect in their job criteria. Would love to be part of that team again.
Westjet Summary
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: low salary
I worked as an at home SSA agent. A typical day at work is done in the comfort of your home. The flight benefits are awesome, and working from home is convenient, although it does get lonely sometimes if you're like me and enjoy socializing. The hardest part of the job is the salary - it is lower, but perhaps the flight benefits are Westjet's way of – more... making up for small paycheques. – less
Great working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2014
Operating Sabre system for travel reservations
Resolving customer complaints and escalating to supervisor
Providing customer service support
Great Company, Great staff, Great Manager
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2014
Good benefits and work environment, focused on work to life balance
fun and fast paced work place
Flight attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, room for growth.
Cons: too busy at times. stressful.
over the years I found working at WestJet really enjoyable. People and the culture are amazing. Benefits are great, pay is average for an airline. Hours can be everywhere but you can choose weather you would like to work in the am or pm. Meeting new people and helping others is a big part, so you really have to be a people person.
Fun, happy place to work. Amazing co-workers with a passion for their job and company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Creating exceptional customer experiences. Take my job seriously but not always myself.
Amazing Experience
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2013
As a flight attendant I got to meet many people from co-workers to guests on our air crafts. I got to refine my people and social skills, patience and problem solving skills.
The experience was like no other and has given me excellent customer service skills.
Amazing Culture
Customer Service Agent, Shift Lead (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 9, 2013
Pros: fun, culture, exciting, support
Cons: early morning start times!
A typical day with WestJet always starts out with laughs! From the moment you walk into the door to when you leave its filled with fun and you are surrounded by amazing people! Lots of support from co-workers and management, amazing culture and high focus of guest satisfaction!
Outstanding Place to Work.
Part-time Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2013
A truly people first organization with a great great culture, good pay, excellent benefits.
not impressed
Super Sales Agent Call Center (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: discounted flights
Cons: i quit because i could not see any advancement, and my team lead was unsupportive.
interesting group of people to work along side. Management has their favorites and those advance. Low salary for the work expected to do and constant monitoring evaluates your self worth to the company.
I worked with a great team
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2013
Pros: travel!!
Cons: long hours
My typical day consisted of doing job analysis, meeting with clients ie: hiring managers or directors, creating interview guides, resume searches, conducting pre-screen interviews, one on one interviews, reference checking. I could easily do all or just some of this in a day. I also notified non hires as well as doing job offers and negotiating salaries. – more... Worked very closely with compensation and benefits team to create a fair compensation package for new hires. I learned how to put a comp and ben package together as well as how to look and hire the right person for each position I hired for. I loved working with my clients and meeting new people. I also loved the fact that I was able to travel throughout Canada doing on site interviews and job fairs. The people on my team were always willing to lend a hand and were just a great bunch of people to work with. I had a fantastic management team that allowed me to grow, learn and pursue my education. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Super Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low salary
Great Employer and co-workers
Positive environment
Great benefits and flight benefits

About WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Ltd. is a Canadian low-cost carrier that provides scheduled and charter air service to 88 destinations in Canada, – Read more