WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  YCD1 January 2017
Here in YCD our typical day starts at 4am. We set up and check all our guests in then board the plane and send it on its way. I have learned to be fast, efficient and friendly all at the same time :) We do not work under much management so we are a diligent bunch of co-workers with excellent team work skills. The hardest part of my job is keeping everyone happy, especially during foggy season :( but we manage to pull it off without too many hiccups :) The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my team and the team on the ramp. Go YCD!
Fulfilling & Exciting Job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
West Jet has been a "miracle" job for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with guests, crews, management, not to mention the travel perks involved. The hardest part of the job has been my "commuting" , the long hours/days from home and time changes. I learned to appreciate Safety issues within the aviation world. Efficieny and awareness is of utmost importance while flying many guests across the country.
Pros
travel, crews become friends/family, meeting and serving the guests.
Cons
Long hours, time changes, lack of sleep.
A great career
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Toronto19 October 2016
My employment at WestJet was wonderful. It was a pleasure to put on the uniform and play a large part in exceeding guests'/customers' expectations every day. The trust and ownership that was placed with the employees was unprecedented and as a result why the company has enjoyed the success it has.
Pros
Travel Benefits, flexible schedule, and a very generous compensation package
Cons
Long days, away from home a lot, complicated commuter process
Workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2016
Job culture at WestJEt is amazing. Co-workers are friendly and management is good to their employees. A typical day at work would be performing safety checks, ensuring all guest are well taken care off, and of course being friendly. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what may happen. The most enjoyable part of the job is always working with new people.
Flight benefits
Sales Supper Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
-Start my day by logging into my computer from home.

-I learn so much through the call center. Anywhere from booking, canceling, guest calling about guidelines on flight. Dealing with guest getting mad a you, crying and some have fun with you.

-Management is good, by boss is always willing to help me out in away possibly.

-Co-workers are great. The one time every 3 months you go in for a meeting we have smiles on our faces, and they are always willing to help each other out.

-The hardest part would be working from home. I could be in my place and not leave for 3 days and the interaction with other people.

-The enjoyable part is the benefits can not go wrong with them.
Pros
Great perks on flights
Cons
Being on the phone none stop for 7hrs minus your breaks and lunch
Proud Westjet Encore FA
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2016
Westjet Encore is an amazing company I have had the pleasure and privilege to be a part of since the first year established. It is a world of happy contagion. Everyone, is friendly, supportive, compassionate and helpful. Safety is our number one priority but the company is also committed to our health, happiness and wellbeing. We are small but mighty and growing fast. I welcome you to hop on board and "ROCK THE PROPS" with us. You will not be disappointed!!!!
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Away from home for days at a time
I am looking to have a position which is challenging but yet still place where I can be part of a team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 September 2016
I work as a Service Sales Agent. I answer calls to assist our Guests with Questions ,Booking of flights, and support each guest however they may need . From taking payments to general inquires.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
My shift hours
Good work environment; great people!
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2016
As a DBA at WestJet, I was involved in installing database software on servers, creating databases for various applications, setting up regular maintenance and patching, and troubleshooting any issues.

Worked closely with Data Centre operations and Network people to ensure optimal performance and high availability. Also spent a good amount of time with application support personnel and software developers to optimize application performance. Most of the folks I worked with were enthusiastic, skilled and professional.

I enjoyed my time at WestJet from start to finish. I loved the work but it was the great bunch of people there that made it special.
Best employer I've ever had
Air Supply Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Westjet is the best employer I have ever been with. The hourly wage isn't great, but the total compensation package is outstanding and the company culture is fantastic!
Benefits
Cons
Hours are all over the place sometimes
employees not being treated the way the public is made to believe
Customer Service Agent at YYC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
very disappointed

only way you get anywhere in the company is to know someone or sleep with them .

no job security

too many leads with no experience and not enough employees

nobody to confide in

PACT - doesn't work or help their own when desperately in need
Pros
benefits and friends
Cons
politics / managers not knowing the job hired for
bad practice bad rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 June 2016
First off this review is in my opinion.

The company has a rather rapey reputation. Flying flight attendants out and having your way with them not good practice.
Also there new method of hiring is cruel at best. They bring in groups of people (around 20) and tell them they are hiring for jobs when they have zero openings and they keep doing this to build a 6 month pool of many people for no jobs and tell you to drop what your doing if they accept you at any point in time within the 6 months.
They have very slightly manipulative management that seem quite childish.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
nightmare management
great work environment positive team
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
It was a great opportunity, I worked with a great team and in a positive work environment. I felt very productive going to work everyday. I really enjoyed my job.
Very fun, team oriented and very supportuve
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
Shift work, early mornings, evenings, weekends.
Checking customers in, taking their bags, trouble shooting
Complete Flight crew documents prepare aircraft for boarding
Brief with Flight crew, board guests according to Transport Canada Guidelines.
Hardest part of the job: Working twelve hour shifts, working every holiday. Very physical.
Most enjoyable: Family and team oriented, laughs, fun, and management very supportive.
Pros
took the job seriously but not ourselves
Cons
Great team environment, with freedom to move up.
Turn Around Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
Westjet is known to be one of the best employers in Canada, and my experience is one that speaks truly to that. At Westjet you feel taken care of and looked after, you are part of a family. There is lots of room to move up in the company, the benefits are obviously amazing. The pay is alright, but the Westjet stock makes up for the average wage. Hardest part about the job would be working with Turn Around Crew, you don't often get to engage with customers directly so it can be hard if you aim to please customers. The hours can be wonky, but it's the airlines, what can you expect?
Pros
flight benefits, room to move up, stocks
Cons
Hours
Hello there
Lebour (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
I like the work and to learn new job . I work before in different places. As sales . Restaurant in food . Waiter in restaurant. Sales in furniture company.
Pros
It depends
Cons
It depends to work
Great Place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
Although salary is just okay, flight benefits and decent work conditions make for a good overall environment. Great culture and very good training. 365 day, 24 hour schedule can make home life a little hard. Best part however is working with great people and meeting many wonderful guests.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
24 hour operation
great people
TAC CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2016
Loved my crew, love the job
I miss the day to day. When you spend so many hours with the guys on your crew you become family, and i miss that everyday.
Pros
flights
Cons
manager
Excellent Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT YVR (Current Employee) –  YVR17 May 2016
Customer service is the excellence of WestJet and I have that quality. I participated in several committees during my 10 years and I love to be involved.

I enjoy people and I am an excellent listener and can work as an individual or as a team with ease.
Pros
The culture. To laugh at work is a plus. To excell at work takes effort and I do both
Cons
24 hour shift work is very hard
Great people and fun place to work with and our own team room to hang out
GSA Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  YUL27 July 2016
Best company for fast advancement with life balance schedule, it is a very family,friendly oriented company and they respect you and value your opinions.
Great company with fantastic values
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Fun position with a great organization, customer service is number one with WestJet, the people are empowered to resolve any guest concerns. Management are supportive within WestJet. Co-workers are fantastic everyone works are a team and we get the job done.

4.2