WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews in Canada

Good work environment; great people!
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2016
As a DBA at WestJet, I was involved in installing database software on servers, creating databases for various applications, setting up regular maintenance and patching, and troubleshooting any issues.

Worked closely with Data Centre operations and Network people to ensure optimal performance and high availability. Also spent a good amount of time with application support personnel and software developers to optimize application performance. Most of the folks I worked with were enthusiastic, skilled and professional.

I enjoyed my time at WestJet from start to finish. I loved the work but it was the great bunch of people there that made it special.
bad practice bad rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 14, 2016
First off this review is in my opinion.

The company has a rather rapey reputation. Flying flight attendants out and having your way with them not good practice.
Also there new method of hiring is cruel at best. They bring in groups of people (around 20) and tell them they are hiring for jobs when they have zero openings and they keep doing this to build a 6 month pool of many people for no jobs and tell you to drop what your doing if they accept you at any point in time within the 6 months.
They have very slightly manipulative management that seem quite childish.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
nightmare management
employees not being treated the way the public is made to believe
Customer Service Agent at YYC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
very disappointed

only way you get anywhere in the company is to know someone or sleep with them .

no job security

too many leads with no experience and not enough employees

nobody to confide in

PACT - doesn't work or help their own when desperately in need
Pros
benefits and friends
Cons
politics / managers not knowing the job hired for
Very fun, team oriented and very supportuve
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Shift work, early mornings, evenings, weekends.
Checking customers in, taking their bags, trouble shooting
Complete Flight crew documents prepare aircraft for boarding
Brief with Flight crew, board guests according to Transport Canada Guidelines.
Hardest part of the job: Working twelve hour shifts, working every holiday. Very physical.
Most enjoyable: Family and team oriented, laughs, fun, and management very supportive.
Pros
took the job seriously but not ourselves
Cons
Great team environment, with freedom to move up.
Turn Around Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
Westjet is known to be one of the best employers in Canada, and my experience is one that speaks truly to that. At Westjet you feel taken care of and looked after, you are part of a family. There is lots of room to move up in the company, the benefits are obviously amazing. The pay is alright, but the Westjet stock makes up for the average wage. Hardest part about the job would be working with Turn Around Crew, you don't often get to engage with customers directly so it can be hard if you aim to please customers. The hours can be wonky, but it's the airlines, what can you expect?
Pros
flight benefits, room to move up, stocks
Cons
Hours
Excellent Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT YVR (Current Employee) –  YVRMay 17, 2016
Customer service is the excellence of WestJet and I have that quality. I participated in several committees during my 10 years and I love to be involved.

I enjoy people and I am an excellent listener and can work as an individual or as a team with ease.
Pros
The culture. To laugh at work is a plus. To excell at work takes effort and I do both
Cons
24 hour shift work is very hard
Great Place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
Although salary is just okay, flight benefits and decent work conditions make for a good overall environment. Great culture and very good training. 365 day, 24 hour schedule can make home life a little hard. Best part however is working with great people and meeting many wonderful guests.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
24 hour operation
Fast paced and fun environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 9, 2016
I have had the privelige of working for this amazing company for the past decade and cannot imagine my life without them. I've learned so much about human behaviour, air travel and how to connect and communicate with those around me. I'm treated with the utmost respect and appreciation by my management team and I feel very lucky to be such an important part of our success.
Pros
Celebrating Success
Cons
long days/nights
Great company with fantastic values
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2016
Fun position with a great organization, customer service is number one with WestJet, the people are empowered to resolve any guest concerns. Management are supportive within WestJet. Co-workers are fantastic everyone works are a team and we get the job done.
Living The Dream
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 9, 2016
A typical workk day includes great conversation with my team and guests in a comfortable, condident environment. I have learned to communicate with anyone and everyone and to problem solve professionally and quicly in high stress situations. I can manage my time well and work effectively with my team as well as unsupervised. My co-workers are a lot of fun and we all share the same goals, providing superior customer service and safetly performing on time. The hardest part of my job is problem solving with difficult people, however, I enjoy it and am successful at it...9 times out of 10...The most enjoyable part of my job is a succesful turn with happy guest and happy co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Cut Backs and Salary Freeze
Attitude is Everything!
Guest Services Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMarch 23, 2016
My current position is a Monday - Friday, 9-5 which I enjoy very much.
I get along well on a team or working alone.

I love working with Retirement & seniors.
My management team is great!

The only reason I would leave this company is to move up to a better role, & learn more.

Get work done & have fun while doing it!
Treat everyone how you want to be treated.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2016
Great company to work for in terms of culture and work environment. For a part time job their benefits are extremely good, you are able to work very flexible hours. Flight benefits are are also really nice also.
Pros
Work environment.
Cons
Lots of days needed to work
Great Company and even better people
Training Liaison, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 16, 2016
This job surrounds you with some pretty amazing people. It is very demanding and the clientele are often less than appreciative but you do earn your thick skin.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Shift work and unpredictable staffing
Great Travel benefits
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 6, 2016
Great company but the travel benefits are worth the job. The only I would recommend is to have a second jobs as the pay is difficult to work with.
Pros
Great balance with another jobs and great travel benefits
Cons
Great people and fun place to work with and our own team room to hang out
GSA Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  YULJuly 27, 2016
Best company for fast advancement with life balance schedule, it is a very family,friendly oriented company and they respect you and value your opinions.
Management needs a change
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
WestJet used to be a great place to work. When management still cared about their employees and actually supported the employees. The company has gotten too big too quick and the happiness that used to be going to work is no longer there.
Pros
Travel, health benefits, salary
Cons
management
Fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day at work was checking in guests for flights, helping with flights, bridging aircrafts. I learned how to really deal with people and how much fun you can have at a workplace. My management team I found unsupportive which is why I left. My coworkers were amazing! The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who you couldn't help due to flight schedule, when someone had died and they couldn't get a flight out. That was heartbreaking. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a lot of new people and having fun!
Great Workplace, Horrible Pay
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
The people are great. The work is good. The company has morals, which is rare. However, the pay is not good at all. They tote travel benefits as a job perk, but you aren't paid enough to use them!
loved my job
Air Supply Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
I loved working for westjet it was a fun place to work the one and only place where I seen team work like no other. I loved getting up to go to work and see the people I was working with
Pros
all of it
Cons
nothing
Keep It
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2016
Love my job and the culture I get to work for. It was hard to get where I am but I wouldn't change it for anything.
Started at the airport and was able to work up with hard work and effort.

4.2