WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Able to turn a dream into reality
Manager, Emergency Response (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 12, 2015
Pros: Ability to develop and expand program
Cons: Many hours away from home
I started my job at WestJet as Trainer for their Special Assistance Team (SAT) training - teaching employees how to help passengers in the event of an airplane accident or incident. The program was quite new when I joined the company, and I was able to grow it from less than 50 trained to over 3,000. After approximately one year, I was promoted to Emergency Response Manager, which included not only the SAT training, but also the emergency preparedness for the airline. I set up trained personnel in each of the Canadian WestJet bases, and ensured they were well trained in ER procedures and kep their base personnel up to date and ready. I coordinated and conducted mock training exercises and wrote programs for recurrent training. The hardest part of the job was turning off my brain and sleeping at night. I learned how to be an effective leader and excellent training facilitator. My team became very important to one another, and I enjoyed their input and effort so much. I was happy to accept the President's Award for Excellence.
Excellent Company
Super Sales Agent (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 29, 2015
Working for WestJet was a wonderful experience. The corporate culture allowed for positivity in the workplace and perpetuated the ideals of WestJet.
Fun Place to work.
Air Supply Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2015
Everyone I encounter on a day to day basis is pleasant to deal with. I love my Job! I love everything WestJet embodies! It is an exciting place to work. Primarily male on the ramp, it would be nice to see more women in the field.
Fast paced exciting environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2015
WestJet offers a very supportive and fun environment. Managers direct all day of operations ensuring all resources and tools in place to meet guests and operational needs.
Great starter job
In flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 7, 2015
Pros: great culture
Cons: Long hours and horrible pay
great culture and management, long hours lots of perks .however pay and advancement not there and needed something more stable for future
Intensive , however fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2015
I Had fun working in this company, however I felt like I needed a better fit for me, still working with people, I realized that using my skills in the medical field will make me more happy and I decided to change back my career.
Fun and friendly atmosphere
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun, flexible and very supportive environment
Cons: only one company like that in aviation canada
A great place to work where one grows professionally and would like to retire from. What makes it the best company is the manpower which is very satisfied and welcoming to the newcomers. I recommend this organization to anyone who wants to enjoy their work.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at WestJet as a contractor in their IT department. WestJet has a great culture that made working there a lot of fun, but also a great career experience.
A Great Place to Land
Guest Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: 10 hour days
* Performance Management
* Ran operation of airport
* Dealt with unruly guests
* Delayed flights, cancelled flights
excellent
Medical Audit and Quality Database (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough time to take advantage of all benefits
a great company to work for
Great family feel
great co workers
i would go back to work for them
Fun, exciting, passionate and positive.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 8, 2014
Pros: travelling, meeting different from all over the world, fast paced, lifestyle career
Cons: high pressure, unusual hours
WestJet is an amazing company to be a part of. Everyone shares a common goal and that is to enrich the lives of everyone in WestJet's world by providing safe, friendly and affordable air travel. It's a different day everyday and definitely has it's perks.
Fun but fast paced
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2014
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: not all managers are good leaders.
Lots of challenging work to keep you interested. Great flight benefits. Great technology and no lack of work. Fast paced and very reactive most of the time.
Great working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2014
Operating Sabre system for travel reservations
Resolving customer complaints and escalating to supervisor
Providing customer service support
Great Company, Great staff, Great Manager
fun and fast paced work place
Flight attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, room for growth.
Cons: too busy at times. stressful.
over the years I found working at WestJet really enjoyable. People and the culture are amazing. Benefits are great, pay is average for an airline. Hours can be everywhere but you can choose weather you would like to work in the am or pm. Meeting new people and helping others is a big part, so you really have to be a people person.
Worst place I ever worked
Analyst (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 15, 2014
Cons: like joining a cult with an enforced sense of happiness
Manager was not suited to her job. Promoted cos of her race and gender. Lefter after 2 weeks
Fun, happy place to work. Amazing co-workers with a passion for their job and company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Creating exceptional customer experiences. Take my job seriously but not always myself.
I worked with a great team
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2013
Pros: travel!!
Cons: long hours
My typical day consisted of doing job analysis, meeting with clients ie: hiring managers or directors, creating interview guides, resume searches, conducting pre-screen interviews, one on one interviews, reference checking. I could easily do all or just some of this in a day. I also notified non hires as well as doing job offers and negotiating salaries. Worked very closely with compensation and benefits team to create a fair compensation package for new hires. I learned how to put a comp and ben package together as well as how to look and hire the right person for each position I hired for. I loved working with my clients and meeting new people. I also loved the fact that I was able to travel throughout Canada doing on site interviews and job fairs. The people on my team were always willing to lend a hand and were just a great bunch of people to work with. I had a fantastic management team that allowed me to grow, learn and pursue my education.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Super Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low salary
Great Employer and co-workers
Positive environment
Great benefits and flight benefits
It's true what they say
Flight Attendant Onboard Mentor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 24, 2013
Working for Westjet is like working with family. Salary is fair and benefits are a bonus
I loved this job
Baggage Recovery Agent (Former Employee), Mount Hope, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: cheap flights
Cons: long hours
This is a terrific job for someone who doesn't have a family. I would totally go back and work here if I was single.

About WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Ltd. is a Canadian low-cost carrier that provides scheduled and charter air service to 88 destinations in Canada, – Read more