WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Worklife and job balance, pay very poor
REWARDS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2017
Worklife and job balance is poor at best, pay very poor compared to other similar roles in contact centre environments, shiftwork is draining and shifts are extremely long.
Pros
flights
Cons
poor pay, little room to advance, shiftwork all hours
Great culture
Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 December 2017
I worked as a call centre agent and this job is not for every one. If you are used to being independent in the workplace, this is not the right job for you. It is micro managed, every call is monitored and all they focus is your call stats. You have to put up with a lot of things for such a very low pay. Yes you get good travel privileges but you need an additional income to make ends meet for 12/hr. It's not even worth it. Now I know why they hire every 3 months because nobody really stays if this is their only source of income.
Pros
Travel privileges
Cons
Erratic schedule
High energy with good culture
Guest Service Manager/ Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Great place to learn aviation standards
Excellent way to know the airport environment
Good culture internally
Celebrates its successes
Measures performance on its employees regularly
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Long hours with delays
Great company to work for
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Great company to work for. The company has great culture.
It was great experience. We were not limited to what could we do. We could ask question to the escalated teams and resolved the issues ourselves and close the ticket.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 November 2017
Good place to work but the pay is super low. Benefit is being able to work from home. Benfiets are great. If pay was better it would be great place to work.
Awesome airline and company to work for
Agent de bord (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
I have worked for three airlines, and this has to be the best of them. You are not a number there, they truly care about your well-being. The salary is good too, it's just not for everyone, as I now am a home person (aging! although 26 hihi) so I enjoyed being home more than on-the-go. Truly recommend for those of you travellers out there!
Pros
Salary, travel benefits
Cons
Wait time in airports sometimes, stability
Guest Service Ambassador
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 November 2017
This is a great company to work for. I am a guest Service Ambassador and it’s a great job to start with at this company so you can learn everything in the woodworks of the airport. It is a great stepping stone to move up to a customer service agent then anything you wish. I used to work for Air Canada and I am so happy that I changed companies. If your going to work in the airline industry work for Westjet :)
Pros
Fast paced environment, amazing perks
Cons
Health benefits are paid for by you but are good
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 November 2017
If you're going to work for an airline, this is the one- fair treatment in terms of seniority and having flexible work life balance. Salary is very low, so usually have to substitute with part time work as well.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Culture
Cons
Pay
Social Care Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
I am forever grateful to be employed at a wonderful company. If you have a chance to interview with us, brush up on behavioral based questions and bring your best personality.
na
Airport Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
great company to work for great benefits love westjet work for them for 16 years and retired in Aug 2016 would recommend to everyone great company. moved away
Westjet
Sales Super-Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
Overalll it is a great company to work for. Great culture

The shifts that I worked at first were not that great but aftrer being there a few years, I got better shifts
Crew Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
Westjet is an awesome place to work with the best culture i've ever been apart of. Westjet hires based more on personality then anything else. so ask yourself what type of person am I?
Great coworkers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 October 2017
Great place to work, atmosphere is different with PM agents compared to AM agents. Personally love working both AM's and PM's. The people are great, theyre what make me going at work. The greatest benefits include flight benefits, with expansion more destinations are listed. Pay isnt the greatest but their is a GREAT compensation package including Employee share purchase plan, bonuses, and raises
Pros
Flight benefits, Free food (here and there)
Cons
some management/ coworkers, taxes
fun place to work
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2017
The operation in YWG Is getting larger by the year, which is a testament to how engaged the airline and employees are that work there.
the commute to Winnipeg is difficult because of construction, but this shouldn't hold anyone back from applying to work there
I love being apart of the WestJet Team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 October 2017
I love planes and talking to people about their travels. It doesn't feel like work. It's fun to go in! I don't know how many people can say that about the companies they work for.
love this company it is number one
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Love this company..has very nice a friendly Managers..very helpful ..if they will ask me again which company you prefer to work with I will say West jet
Friendly staff
Customer & Cargo Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2017
Every day is not the same at workplace. In my work I have to busy always with so many flights. Sometimes inbound and sometimes out bound and some times phone calls with different issues. Yesterday was a such a busy day I could not have my lunch, it was so busy and the worst thing was my system was not working it was down so customers were there to collect there shipment but because of system down I was so slow as well but I cant stop working,I did issue delivery order by manually and let customer happy to have their goods.

And later on when system came back I had to do that again in system. The thing is I have to calm and active and positive to my duties.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
night duties
very supportive supervisors, instructors and peers
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
My circumstances changed suddenly as a result of that my new job at WestJet only provided me limited hours which was no longer feasible for me as the salary was not enough for me to be able to afford my monthly bills.

However, I will say that WestJet was very supportive, patient and understanding during a very difficult time and HR told me that if my situation changes in the future that they would be more than pleased to have me employed at WestJet again.

I only gave 3 stars for salary/benefits because the entry level rate of pay is low BUT increases over time increments but the benefits and profit sharing options are amazing!!!
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Lower pay
Westjet
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 September 2017
Very positive atmosphere to work in, however the shifts are not very good. Low salaries and employees pay for benefit package. New company to the region and I think they wil learn with time
Wonderful people for most part and great hours at that time
Crew-van driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
West Jet is a great place to work. I enjoyed it a lot. The shuttle driver position at the time was for crew to and from hanger to terminal. You were busy.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
none that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2