WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Friends, bonuses, shares, and travel
Cons: long shifts
Moved away so had to resign. Best place I have ever worked!!!
Would go back in a second! You bid on the hours you want and the hours are really flexible if you pick right.
Welcoming Corporate Culture
Advisor, Occupational Health & Safety (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2015
WestJet's corporate culture stands out as cohesive and positive. Every organization has their highs and lows in regards to company moral but I've been honoured and enlightened to experience and to contribute to WestJet's culture as we overcame poor moral challenges.
Great progressive company culture that cares and feels like a family with one mission
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Travel, Profit Share, Flexible hours, lots of variety to grow, expanding company, great culture that values its people
Cons: shift work depending on what department, time away from home, must put in the time to earn your way to advancement, hard to get hired as it's a popular place to work
- WestJet is a canadian top employer offering lots of opportunity to move and develop yourself as an employee
- Built on Excellent core values hiring for fit and training for skill!
- Profitable company that shares profits with it's employees (Owners) twice per year.
- Great travel benefits
- Fun place to work
- Growing and expanding company, Europe 2016
- Great culture to be a part of makes you proud to work there
- They truly do care about you as an individual and the company invests in you which makes you want to give back and do as much as you can to see it succeed.
- it can get tough working in airports, shift work, long hours at times, accommodating weather delays and a variety of emotions from the guests. But it's an opportunity to shine and treat others as you would want to be treated! You are empowered to think on your own feet because your interests are aligned with the company's through ownership and simple caring.
- I very much valued my experience with this company and still feel a part of it now.
just having fun at work and make new friends
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
just typical day at work have fun .have fun at work make new friend with coworker and ,, don't worry abot working take easy working with the hardest time at work taking care and part of the job and enjoy the time at work and take easy
amazing co workers great benefits shift work.
Baggage service agent (Current Employee), calgary international airportOctober 10, 2015
Pros: flight benefits.
Cons: long hours
Amazing Job fun place to work at times supportive management.Decent amount of red tape and politics that is expected with a small comapny that is now grown to international proportions. Shift work is hard. to be honest and not fo rthe faint of heart. as the business is a 24 hour operation.
The life of a Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Incredible overnight opportunities, never repeat the same day, meet new coworkers daily, bond with your crew members instantaneously, see new places
Cons: Sometimes long days or many days away from home, delays, unruly passengers or potential emergency situations at 40 000ft
Such an incredible experience. If you love to travel, see new places and meet new people then this is the job for you. You don't typically have that boss over your shoulder although we do hold one another accountable, you are given the empowerment to make those decisions yourself and with your fellow crew members.

The hardest part of the job is definitely the many days away from home, long work days especially in winter with many delays. But because the job itself is so rewarding with 150/days of work per year as FULL TIME and unlimited travel benefits to use during the other 215 DAYS OFF during the year, what more could you ask for!

Your coworkers make the job just that much more enjoyable, so friendly and personable you spend the day starting out as strangers, but becoming the best of friends and it makes you feel as if you aren't even at work !
positive team culture
Flight (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: discounted flights, employee support
Cons: being away from home for extended periods of time.
Although I was unsuccessful with Flight Attendant training, I was impressed every day with the Company's support as well as every member of the training team. The showed how they enjoyed their work, but truly believed in their expended family at WestJet.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: wage, benefits, esp plan
Cons: split shifts, lack of hours
WestJet is a great place to work and wage and benefits are great. Where I work in Hamilton we do not have many flights so we do not get a lot of hours and they are split shifts.
overall was good experience
customer service agent (Current Employee), calgarySeptember 17, 2015
really tight on front line staff more linear on upper level,but really good benefits so far i got ever worked for any company
A great job to learn to deal with the public
Multiple Roles and Titles Held (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2015
On a perfect day this is a company where you can truly have fun and build close friendships. When things start to get challenging (delays, cancellations, etc.) you can truly find out what you are made of. You may face unreasonable hostile travellers and you may not have the manpower to help you out of a bind but this job does help you build thick skin. This job is not for everyone but if you are a true team-player it can be rewarding. If you can not handle consistent change this is not the job for you.
Very busy and fun people to work with
Held Various Postions (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 2, 2015
Pros: meeting famous people
Cons: some unhappy guests
I held various positions within WestJet.

I enjoyed having the opportunity to work in various departments.

Everyday I learned something new. Everything from how to handle an upset guest to putting tags on guests bags.

My team members were so much fun to work with and also very helpful when I had questions.

I enjoyed dealing with the guests
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent, Shift Lead (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 30, 2015
Such a great work environment, people are carefully selected to fit the culture of Westjet and that is what makes it such a great place to work! Loved working with Westjet!
Efficient and fun
Experience support facilitator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Employee profit share and owner performance recongnition
Cons: Unsteady work schedule
Co-workers and managers are open minded, very pleasant. Every body kind of has the same language as we are all always talking about our last and next trip.

Managers are supportive and promote and encourage employees personal growth.
An amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), toronto, onJuly 13, 2015
Pros: profit share
Cons: irops
An amazing place to work, WestJet has an outstanding culture and reward they're employees constantly. Management understands and brings the team together.
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: Employees benefits
Cons: Opportunities to growth
Westjet is a fun place to work. Nice team environmet and great chance to interact with peer co-workers.

This company has great employee benefit plans as well as a friendly culture.

While working at the Helpdesk I was able to work with supervision with the opportunity to engage in few projects outside the service desk team.
Able to turn a dream into reality
Manager, Emergency Response (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 12, 2015
Pros: Ability to develop and expand program
Cons: Many hours away from home
I started my job at WestJet as Trainer for their Special Assistance Team (SAT) training - teaching employees how to help passengers in the event of an airplane accident or incident. The program was quite new when I joined the company, and I was able to grow it from less than 50 trained to over 3,000. After approximately one year, I was promoted to Emergency Response Manager, which included not only the SAT training, but also the emergency preparedness for the airline. I set up trained personnel in each of the Canadian WestJet bases, and ensured they were well trained in ER procedures and kep their base personnel up to date and ready. I coordinated and conducted mock training exercises and wrote programs for recurrent training. The hardest part of the job was turning off my brain and sleeping at night. I learned how to be an effective leader and excellent training facilitator. My team became very important to one another, and I enjoyed their input and effort so much. I was happy to accept the President's Award for Excellence.
Excellent Company
Super Sales Agent (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 29, 2015
Working for WestJet was a wonderful experience. The corporate culture allowed for positivity in the workplace and perpetuated the ideals of WestJet.
Fun Place to work.
Air Supply Agent (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2015
Everyone I encounter on a day to day basis is pleasant to deal with. I love my Job! I love everything WestJet embodies! It is an exciting place to work. Primarily male on the ramp, it would be nice to see more women in the field.
Fast paced exciting environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2015
WestJet offers a very supportive and fun environment. Managers direct all day of operations ensuring all resources and tools in place to meet guests and operational needs.
Great starter job
In flight Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 7, 2015
Pros: great culture
Cons: Long hours and horrible pay
great culture and management, long hours lots of perks .however pay and advancement not there and needed something more stable for future