Westin Hotel

Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work.
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: working with excellent staff.
Fast paced work place, awesome work environment. Worked with an incredible staff. The management staff there was very helpful and everyone worked together to do an excellent job.
Entry Level position
Sales Systems Analyst/Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 29, 2014
Primary contact for all leads coming into the hotel through various sites, including Hotel Planner, Ileads, Cvent, Meeting Broker, ISAC, etc.

Important characteristics:
Hotel experience, phone etiquette, computer proficiency with all Microsoft programs, ISAC, lead sites, understanding of client needs, and hotel's needs
Great brand
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 29, 2014
Great brand/ hotel to work for as well as stay at. I enjoyed my time with this amazing hotel, look forward to continuing my career with different brands
Fun Clients
Banquets Server (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2014
Worked various positions. Fun clients and staff. Works with school schedule really well.
Great benefits, good hourly rate of pay and nice managers
Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: i have an on call schedule
A typical day at work is spent cleaning the rooms or running to client's rooms bringing them things the need. Love interacting with the clients. Free food is great. very friendly coworkers and managers.
I am learning about all different kinds of people and more about the hopitality industry in general.
OK Place
Night Auditor/Front desk Agent (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2014
Pros: free meals, vacation and sick days, get to meet famous people
Cons: no set schedule
It is the typical hotel life. Do not have set schedules. You can be working 3-11 and then have to be back in the morning at 7.
Productive workplace with good reputation
Housekeeping Services (Former Employee), Chicago, IlDecember 19, 2014
Pros: room discounts, free lunch and location
Cons: too many rooms to clean
The Hotel started out as the Nikko and was bought by the Westin. Working there was fun, but also tiring , cleaning sixteen rooms a day and sometimes more. I met alot of interesting people and even seen celeberties and the tips were great.
Great company to work for
Special Events Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: hotel rooms discounts
Cons: work hours
It is great company to work for, many opportunities. Busy hotel and you get to meet people from around the world.
VERY FRIENDLY STAFF
Team Leader (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 8, 2014
IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ME TO WORK WITH THIS PROPERTY AS I HAVE LEARNED THE INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS AND ALSO IT HELP ME TO CLEAR MAXIMUM ROOM WITH PROPER TIME MANAGEMENT, I ALSO HELP ME TO DO MULTY TASKING
Working at the hotel was helpful in progressing my career.
Prep Chef (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2014
I liked working at the hotel. It helped me learn a lot about my career and how I would like to progress. I learned about banquets and restaurant cooking.
Good Place to get some knowledge.
Lead Engineer M1 (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2014
Pros: hotel discount
Cons: long hour. hotels is a 24/7 365 days.
I Learned alot about the hotel buisness here.I became a great michanic at this job.
Great workplace atmosphere
Guest Services Specialist (Current Employee), All throughout the hotelNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long pm hours
A typical day on the job requires me to be in contact with all guests staying at the hotel in an often busy atmosphere.
Most co-workers are friendly and easy to speak to.
The most difficult part of the job is when most of our guests are checking in or out at the same time, and there is long list of people who request assistance. Although it is the most difficult, it motivates me to give all guests exceptional service.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a guest is so satisfied with my assistance that they contact my supervisors or write an online review and express their overall satisfaction with my work.
Working and life is not balance
Restaurant hostess (Former Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours
I worked in the very busy restaurant which is there is no time for you to relax. I learned a lot about the menu, Italian food and wine selection. Management not really understand with what you need. The people who work are not helping each other as a team. The most enjoyable at work when we have event in the hotel, which we can participation.
Ok Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Mmmphis, TNOctober 30, 2014
Cons: they need to pay more
Keep everything to your self.
Noisy people.
The most enjoyable part was they were very strict but It was an easy to do.
Petty Stressful Workplace
Room Service Agent (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people in and out the hotel.
Cons: stressful working environments in the mornigs.
On the night shifts the work place is cool and laid back and no one is nagging and clouding on anyone. But morning shift its different have so many people watching and trying to correct and tattle and nag you for no reason, no matter how long you been working or how good you do your job.
Enjoyed going to work
Executive Concierge/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 28, 2014
Nothing beats the WESTIN. The people the perks the location. So much room to grow!
Westin
Host (Former Employee), WilmingtonOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, full time, meeting great people
Cons: dealing with day to day inconsistency of management
Great place to work however management is not consistent or properly structured. I learned that standing up for what you believe in makes a huge impact. Co-workers were like family, we genuinely cared for each other. Hardest part of the job was taking orders from certain managers who I lost respect for. Most enjoyable part of my job was keeping a smile on guest faces.
fast paced environment
Senior Bartender (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2014
Basically good place to work. Most of management empathic. Great place to meet all walks of life. Guest flow choppy at times.
High standard,busy environment, high professionalism
Kitchen Hand/Assistant (Former Employee), Sydney CBD, NswOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the experience
Cons: some chefs were not friendly
Working here was part of my work placement therefore i was not paid. I had to opportunity to work in three different kitchens which was great experience. Due to the clash of different personalities the warm and welcoming environment was not there. However as its a high star hotel and constantly busy its understandable.
Met great and professional people, learned a lot.
Lobby Lounge Bartender (Former Employee), Westin Hotel in Jersey City, New jerseyOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the freedom i had to make the drinks i love to make.
Cons: when it would be too busy i could not take breaks. but as a bartender i love busy days.
Typical day at work I would come in and open and set up my bar. Served hotel patrons, entertained patrons at the bar. I trained and managed new employees and enjoyed every part of it.

About Westin Hotel

Host Hotels & Resorts will leave the chandelier on for you. One of the largest hospitality real estate investment trusts in the – Read more