Western Union Employee Reviews

Western Union
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, ON16 March 2014
I have just started working with Western Union and it seems like a good place to work.
Pros
They have free coffee, tea and fruit
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2015
My Co-workers were very helpful. especially with training me.

I have a lot of data entry experience from this company and role that I played in this company.
Pros
Not too strict
Cons
There are no cons
productive work place with friendly environment
Informatica Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2015
Friendly environment with challenging work place.
innovative co-workers with different opinions to a situation, where i learnt so many options to a particular scenario.
Standard Big Company Working Environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, Canada28 May 2013
Many projects coming in and tight schedule. Need to trade off between code quality and project deadline. Big company working environment, need to follow processes and delivery the solution to the market asap.
Pros
very secure job
Cons
tight project schedule and work under pressure
Great management and work environment within a specific department of Western Union
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2014
My job consisted of preventing fraudulent transactions being sent through Western Union. Contacting customers to ensure their transactions are valid, and getting the details of their transaction to assist in any possible fraudulent activity.
I learned to determine when a customer is possibly being scammed and how to coach the customer so they are more tactful in their transactions for the future.
Within our small specialized department of Western Union, our management staff placed a lot of trust in their employees and knew that we required little supervision to ensure we provided the best possible service to our customers. Our specialized department had an excellent group of dedicated employees that provided a noticeable improvement in customer service, and prevented the most amount of fraudulent transactions within Western Union.
The hardest part of the job was reaching our to customer who were the victims of scams and fraudulent transactions. These people were often senior citizens who were unaware that they were scammed, often by contacts overseas. Informing the customers about potential or unrecoverable losses was difficult, but rewarding when they validated our high customer service.
The most rewarding part of the job was working with and for a great team of employees that strived for a common goal in providing the best customer experience within Western Union.
Pros
Worked for great managment and coworkers
Cons
Layed off due to Western Union wanting to pay for cheaper staff
High job satisfcations from on going challenges and high level tasks
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2014
Typical day includes:
- handle consumer, agent, geographic reports and projects
- give insight and recommendations on internal controls
- help train new employees
Open office concept, bad management without motivation
Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2013
Help your manager understand what he wants to know.
Follow the rules given but be ready to bear the conseqence if any.
No training provided
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 November 2014
Everyone was dedicated and hard working, but they will throw you into your position and expect that you know what you're doing immediately.
nice company
SENIOR PIPLINE DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 July 2014
mainly focus pipeline projects.
there are not much works recently.
it is a small company.
great work place
Client Relation Manager & Corporate Dealer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2013
great work place, good people, helpful and fun, good work attitude and just an overall good atmosphere to work in.
Environnement agréable
Directeur de comptes exécutifs (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 August 2015
Prospecter et trouver des nouvelles opportunités. Réponde aux demandes de la clientèle existante. Visiter les clients dans leurs entreprises. Visiter les agents. Protéger la part du marché.
Faire la formation des nouveaux agents.
Veiller a ce que mes partenaires en affaire et leurs agents respectent les nouvelles règles de conformité.
Le management nous aide a accomplir nos taches et objectifs.
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon mon poste et toujours la rencontre avec les clients futurs et existants.
L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste et de faire fasse aux dédales administratifs et d'integration.
Pros
travail a domicile et voyages
Cons
Travailler a régler les tracas qui ne sont pas reliés a la productivité