Western Union

Western Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westbury, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: peaceful work atmosphere
Cons: short breaks
A typical day is full of costumers. They come in to make a transaction. it takes about ten to fifteen minutes for new costumers and five minutes for existing clients. During my time there, with the variety of the costumers I learned that a business cannot succeed without a good work environment and harmony among co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was to comply with the demand. in the morning there are little to no costumers but they make up for it in the evening so much so that we become understaffed. As hard as it may sound , the dynamic of the afternoon work is faster and more enjoyable then other times
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee, comfortable break rooms, etc.
Cons: short breaks, etc.
Productive and fun workplace with arcade break room with store deli. I learned new computer techniques and improved my customer service skills. The management team was very involved and helpful with all agents performance and made sure we gave the highest quality of customer service. My co-workers were very fun. We maintained professional relationship and would work as a team to be one of the best departments in our company. The hardest part of the job was the long commute. the actual job wasn't that hard it was repetitive and I adapted to the job very easily. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving the customers issue and they acknowledges the time and effort in resolving the issue.
Productive, Fun workplace wit my co-worker
Front Line Associate (Current Employee), PhilippinesAugust 25, 2014
Pros: sales
Cons: 12 hours
A typical day of work I think everyday..I learned a lot in sales and communicating different people.Management is okey,also my co-worker as well. The hardest part of my job is being new in this company and my most enjoyable part is when I learned this Job.
Great company
Contractor (Current Employee), englewood coAugust 5, 2014
Customer research
Supervise staff
HR
Fincen, FATF, AML, BSa
Wonderful Experience
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Montvale, NJAugust 1, 2014
Pros: get co-workers
Cons: too short
Learned a lot, great working with barneys employees, and
the wonderful customers.
funny jobs, but easy to get tired
Street Marketing (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 7, 2014
had fun to talk to the strangers in the street.
learned about what kinds of the production will attract the crowds
productive
Sr. SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), western unionJuly 3, 2014
The project involved Implementing custom workflow, collaboration, and document management solutions in Microsoft SharePoint Server
Excellent company and Great Culture!
Territory Account Manager - South Texas (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2014
Great company to work for and excellent environment and work culture! Everything is very positive about the company , however, my position as a territory manager requires me to travel a lot throughout south texas and after a couple of years of living in hotels and traveling its getting a little tiring.

I recommend Western Union to anybody who can find a position opening, they are hard to find and they do not become open very often due to the great culture and managment.
Very unorganized, untrustworthy people and very unprofessional
Regional Compliance / LACA KYC Project Manager (Former Employee), Montvale, NJMay 29, 2014
Uncertainty within the work environment as communication is withheld sometimes deliberately by line management. There are lots of dinosaurs who are change averse and have been around for ever.
Very strict requirements, thorough training
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: under staffed
A typical day of work includes opening up the office reviewing paperwork for the day. Business of order is number one the customers, collections, courtesy calls, filing, check cashing, Western Union, Pay Day advances, and Car Title loans.
Productive, fun, great people and great place to work
Senior Manager, Process & Project Management (Former Employee), Englewood, CoMay 12, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, working from home, smart people
Cons: long work hours, employees coveting data
I enjoyed the many years I spent at WU. I worked there for 30 years am thankful for the colleagues and partnerships that I have built over the years. The education and experience I gained was top notch and indispensable.

The most enjoyable is they provide a great work/life balance environment. Allowing employees to work at home when necessary.

The hardest part of my job at times was working with people on projects who felt they owned the data and didn't want to share it for any reason.
Competitive Salary
IT Manager (Current Employee), Denver,COMay 10, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: management lacks the vision on innovation, roi & future technology trends
Management of the Operations
Scope of learning is good , But career growth is limited
Management team lacks innovation
very good peers but their scope is limited.
A company where you can learn and provide an excellent service
Front Line Associate (Former Employee), Cavite City, PhilippinesApril 30, 2014
A financial service that delights the client by giving excellent and fast service
A stepping stone to get your feet wet in the foreign exchange industry.
Payment Processor (Former Employee), DCApril 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea
Cons: some-what unorganized
A typical day at work would be processing a high volume of Draft's and wires while upholding daily deadlines.I learned how to multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining the integrity in my work.Management played a supervisory role more then they managed. A great morale among co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting other departments to communicate and share information with each other on more than just a need to know basis.The elated responses and feedback i would get from clients praising my attention to detail and accuracy associated with my work.
Interactive Designer / Technical Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2014
I was a supervisor for Kmart and for supervisor work you only get paid minimum wage
Kmart (Former Employee), West Allis WisconsinApril 21, 2014
Kmart is a good job for a person that is looking for their very 1st job it only pays minimum wage, their management is ok.
Duties
Customer Service Representative / Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 19, 2014
Managing store from opening to closing greetings
Money transactions through the service offered by Western union
Faxing checks to institutions within and outside the Unites States
Manage and check the money is correct and deposited safely through portals
Listening and providing any service that customer needs and benefits best from
Challenging Company Filled with Smart People
Director, Product Management (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 19, 2014
Bloomberg has built an amazing franchise that has enabled it to rule the data and news businesses.
productive and fun place
Promoter (Former Employee), Uae , dubaiApril 16, 2014
Experienced alot of things , like coordination , death line and aim for the job
Fun DYnamic
Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose Costa RicaApril 6, 2014
Western Union is very complex / Diverse. There are many opportunities here. In the Tech field there are many learning opportunities. I liked working Here.