Western Union

Western Union Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company where you can learn and provide an excellent service
Front Line Associate (Former Employee), Cavite City, PhilippinesApril 30, 2014
A financial service that delights the client by giving excellent and fast service
A stepping stone to get your feet wet in the foreign exchange industry.
Payment Processor (Former Employee), DCApril 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea
Cons: some-what unorganized
A typical day at work would be processing a high volume of Draft's and wires while upholding daily deadlines.I learned how to multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining the integrity in my work.Management played a supervisory role more then they managed. A great morale among co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting other departments – more... to communicate and share information with each other on more than just a need to know basis.The elated responses and feedback i would get from clients praising my attention to detail and accuracy associated with my work. – less
Interactive Designer / Technical Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2014
I was a supervisor for Kmart and for supervisor work you only get paid minimum wage
Kmart (Former Employee), West Allis WisconsinApril 21, 2014
Kmart is a good job for a person that is looking for their very 1st job it only pays minimum wage, their management is ok.
Duties
Customer Service Representative / Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 19, 2014
Managing store from opening to closing greetings
Money transactions through the service offered by Western union
Faxing checks to institutions within and outside the Unites States
Manage and check the money is correct and deposited safely through portals
Listening and providing any service that customer needs and benefits best from
Challenging Company Filled with Smart People
Director, Product Management (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 19, 2014
Bloomberg has built an amazing franchise that has enabled it to rule the data and news businesses.
productive and fun place
Promoter (Former Employee), Uae , dubaiApril 16, 2014
Experienced alot of things , like coordination , death line and aim for the job
Fun DYnamic
Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose Costa RicaApril 6, 2014
Western Union is very complex / Diverse. There are many opportunities here. In the Tech field there are many learning opportunities. I liked working Here.
Constantly Changing
Executive Assistant, SVP (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 4, 2014
Heavy workloads due to cutting back on employees. Layoffs are frequent so morale is not the best. Senior leadership does not walk the talk.
Working at Western Union
Telecom Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood COApril 3, 2014
I have been working at Western Union since January 2000. I have enjoyed my time with Western Union I have advanced in the company. Overall I would recommend working here.
Very fast paced company with - in the digital space - very strong growth YoY
EMEA Marketing (Current Employee), EMEAMarch 29, 2014
Fun place, very international, great freedom of execution and of strategy as well.

Strong management at EMEA level.
western union
Customer Service Sales Manager (Former Employee), lumberton ncMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: heathcare
I have 9years experience with Western Union. I like to do western union transaction.
Good culture, great people, prone to large swings in strategy
Director of Go to Market Readiness (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 6, 2014
I very much enjoyed the time I spent at Western Union. The people are very open, welcoming and have embraced a shift to focus on the customer. Unfortunately a change in strategy eliminated my group to focus on more immediate priorities.
interesting place to work
fraud prevention associate (Current Employee), new jerseyMarch 2, 2014
Pros: type of job
Cons: location
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the jo
Check Into Cash
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brighton, COFebruary 26, 2014
cleaning the store, money handling/deposits cash drawer, maintaining confidentiality, ordering supplies, marketing to new customers/networking with other businesses, Western Union, filing

Unwilling to accommodate my health needs although they would require only minimal changes.
Toxic place but good pay
Director (Current Employee), Sab Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: snacks, some of the nicest people
Cons: some of the most untrustworthy people i ever met, very unprofessional
They are intentionally siloed and there is a lack of transparency between the business and engineering. Lots of finger pointing. Not a good place to work overall, yet, I met some really nice people there.
Unprofessional. Lots of lies and covered truths. People don't show up to meetings or show up 20 minutes late consistently. No follow through or accountability.
Excellent
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 20, 2014
It is always nice to get your first job.
It was a place where I saw what work and working environment is.
Business Objects Lead
Business Objects Lead (Former Employee), Montvale, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Western Union is money Transfer Company and it offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. The goal of this project is to develop the P4 Web Reports for business users to understand the rejected transactions at various levels like Country, Agent, Data field and Rule.
Responsibilities
 – more... Identification of the source systems with the help of Business Analysts.
• Performed Data Analysis and identifying the logical relationships between tables and data quality for design.
• Installed BO on Servers and Client Machines
• Involved in analyzing, documenting business requirements, functional requirements for developing universes and reports.
• Involved in the designing and Building of Universes, Classes and objects
• Involved in designing and building complex universes and reports
• Resolved loops and Traps using Contexts and Aliases while designing Universes.
• Set up Universe level conditions to restrict data based on report requirements.
• Developed the Web Intelligence Reports based on business requirements
• Created reports using Business Objects functionality’s like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae’s. – less
Good people. Problems executing.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Exciting company when the digital division was started. However, while the people are talented and down to earth, the company is having a hard time executing.
Good Company to work
Sr. Manager - Loyalty Marketing & Product Delivery (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 12, 2014
WU has a good work environment, HR is great always creating best conditions for employees. The Company is still struggling with many challenges and tough competitors, it did not find the right strategy to success. I think high management still don't understand quite well the market needs and company capabilities.