Western Union

Western Union Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working at Western Union
Telecom Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood COApril 3, 2014
I have been working at Western Union since January 2000. I have enjoyed my time with Western Union I have advanced in the company. Overall I would recommend working here.
Very fast paced company with - in the digital space - very strong growth YoY
EMEA Marketing (Current Employee), EMEAMarch 29, 2014
Fun place, very international, great freedom of execution and of strategy as well.

Strong management at EMEA level.
western union
Customer Service Sales Manager (Former Employee), lumberton ncMarch 15, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: heathcare
I have 9years experience with Western Union. I like to do western union transaction.
Good culture, great people, prone to large swings in strategy
Director of Go to Market Readiness (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 6, 2014
I very much enjoyed the time I spent at Western Union. The people are very open, welcoming and have embraced a shift to focus on the customer. Unfortunately a change in strategy eliminated my group to focus on more immediate priorities.
interesting place to work
fraud prevention associate (Current Employee), new jerseyMarch 2, 2014
Pros: type of job
Cons: location
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the jo
Check Into Cash
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brighton, COFebruary 26, 2014
cleaning the store, money handling/deposits cash drawer, maintaining confidentiality, ordering supplies, marketing to new customers/networking with other businesses, Western Union, filing

Unwilling to accommodate my health needs although they would require only minimal changes.
Toxic place but good pay
Director (Current Employee), Sab Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: snacks, some of the nicest people
Cons: some of the most untrustworthy people i ever met, very unprofessional
They are intentionally siloed and there is a lack of transparency between the business and engineering. Lots of finger pointing. Not a good place to work overall, yet, I met some really nice people there.
Unprofessional. Lots of lies and covered truths. People don't show up to meetings or show up 20 minutes late consistently. No follow through or accountability.
Excellent
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 20, 2014
It is always nice to get your first job.
It was a place where I saw what work and working environment is.
Business Objects Lead
Business Objects Lead (Former Employee), Montvale, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Western Union is money Transfer Company and it offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. The goal of this project is to develop the P4 Web Reports for business users to understand the rejected transactions at various levels like Country, Agent, Data field and Rule.
Responsibilities
 – more... Identification of the source systems with the help of Business Analysts.
• Performed Data Analysis and identifying the logical relationships between tables and data quality for design.
• Installed BO on Servers and Client Machines
• Involved in analyzing, documenting business requirements, functional requirements for developing universes and reports.
• Involved in the designing and Building of Universes, Classes and objects
• Involved in designing and building complex universes and reports
• Resolved loops and Traps using Contexts and Aliases while designing Universes.
• Set up Universe level conditions to restrict data based on report requirements.
• Developed the Web Intelligence Reports based on business requirements
• Created reports using Business Objects functionality’s like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae’s. – less
Good people. Problems executing.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Exciting company when the digital division was started. However, while the people are talented and down to earth, the company is having a hard time executing.
Good Company to work
Sr. Manager - Loyalty Marketing & Product Delivery (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 12, 2014
WU has a good work environment, HR is great always creating best conditions for employees. The Company is still struggling with many challenges and tough competitors, it did not find the right strategy to success. I think high management still don't understand quite well the market needs and company capabilities.
Outsourced job
Senior Application Architect (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 12, 2014
Western Union outsourced all production support IT jobs to India.
it's great working on remittance center
remittance teller (Former Employee), la union,philippinesFebruary 12, 2014
a typical day at work is a client asked what to do or what is this,what is the rate today?.I have learned that in these kind of job you have to be patient.in time managing you have to checked all details(names,spelling) in order to avoid delays on getting it.you have to deal with your co-workers in a right manner every now and then to avoid issues that – more... might affect your job.the hardest part of the job is during pay day because these are the days that we are all busy in its hard to find a rest.the most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet your personal satisfaction on what you do in your work. – less
Great creative team
Graphic Designer/Art Director (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great team, good benefits, in house gym
Cons: drive, corporate
My team with in WU was great. Amazing, creative thinkers. My boss was very open, smart and creative. I enjoyed working for her and coming to see the rest of my co-workers daily.
Unstable Job security due to recurring layoffs and restructuring.
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: constant layoffs and restructuring
Unstable Job security due to recurring layoffs and restructuring.
Marketing Manager at Western Union
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: systems are dated
A great company that is collaborative and striving to do the best. Western Union is full of smart and dedicated people.
Employees are commited and professional
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 31, 2014
Loved working for WU. I worked here for almost 8 years and truly am thankful for the collegues and partnerships that I have built over the years and the experience I have gained.
Learning Experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), CairoJanuary 16, 2014
This job was entitled to handling customers through the phone.
I would go on activate my system, log into my account and get ready to accept customer calls to help them with their inquiries.
We had supervisors who worked hard to help us do our best in order to help the customers but management was lacking in dealing with different issues concerning – more... some IT technical problems and other issues.
The hardest part of this job was when we had angry customers and the working hours, i used to work from 11 pm to 8 am so that was tough. However i can't deny the good satisfying i got from help the customers solving their issues. – less
Productive place
Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
productive place and grow efficiency
learned a lot about Designing
management are very helpful
Co-workers depends on your luck
Not giving enough information about the project you are doing
Technology Project Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: gettting better with regards to organization
Cons: not very organized
Great working environment to productive. Good place to work

Western Union Photos