Western Union

Western Union Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great management and work environment within a specific department of Western Union
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: worked for great managment and coworkers
Cons: layed off due to western union wanting to pay for cheaper staff
My job consisted of preventing fraudulent transactions being sent through Western Union. Contacting customers to ensure their transactions are valid, and getting the details of their transaction to assist in any possible fraudulent activity.
I learned to determine when a customer is possibly being scammed and how to coach the customer so they are more – more... tactful in their transactions for the future.
Within our small specialized department of Western Union, our management staff placed a lot of trust in their employees and knew that we required little supervision to ensure we provided the best possible service to our customers. Our specialized department had an excellent group of dedicated employees that provided a noticeable improvement in customer service, and prevented the most amount of fraudulent transactions within Western Union.
The hardest part of the job was reaching our to customer who were the victims of scams and fraudulent transactions. These people were often senior citizens who were unaware that they were scammed, often by contacts overseas. Informing the customers about potential or unrecoverable losses was difficult, but rewarding when they validated our high customer service.
The most rewarding part of the job was working with and for a great team of employees that strived for a common goal in providing the best customer experience within Western Union. – less
A good starter
Technical Support II (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: high work load
- Handle in-bound calls and escalated supervisor calls
- Provide excellent Customer Service to Western Union Agents
- Guide agent through hardware troubleshooting
- Guide agent through software navigation
- Handle immediate escalations via chat platform
- Review escalated cases and advise frontline team of resolution
- Delegate follow ups within Tier – more... 2 team and frontline team
- Review and draft comprehensive KB documents
- Provide feedback and coaching regarding any present gaps in the process
- Provide assistance and curriculum insight during training
- Set resolution SLAs to Frontline Team
- Meet and exceed set KPIs and SLAs – less
High job satisfcations from on going challenges and high level tasks
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Typical day includes:
- handle consumer, agent, geographic reports and projects
- give insight and recommendations on internal controls
- help train new employees
Western Union
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Union, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: they have free coffee, tea and fruit
I have just started working with Western Union and it seems like a good place to work.
social and fun workplace
Community consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: plentyt of promotional materials, such as pens, coffee mugs, key chains, telephone cards, traveling bags, ...
Cons: loading and unloading of promotional matterials
in a day to day basis deal with multicultural groups, promote products to the public & media, I learned to understand different cultures and way of living; management is up to date and co-workers are professionals; the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with different ethnic groups and media.