Western Union Employee Reviews

Corporate Culture
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2016
My success is driven by a high performance team of professionals.
I work hard to attract and retain dynamic, diverse, and innovative professionals around the globe. My core values - teamwork, opportunity, passion, integrity, and partnership - form the solid foundation to drive innovation, deliver outstanding service, and create client-focused business solutions.

I Build the career I want for myself and my team in a progressive, dynamic, stimulating, fast-paced industry. We strive to offer a fulfilling work experience, competitive compensation and benefits, a flexible environment and a corporate culture that cares about our clients, employee satisfaction, business and professional growth.
Pros
Very attractive business
Cons
Frequent Travel more than 30% of the time
Productive Work Place
My success is driven by a high performance team of professionals. We look to attract and retain dynamic, diverse, and innovative professionals around the globe. My core values - teamwork, opportunity, passion, integrity, and partnership - form the solid foundation to drive innovation, deliver outstanding service, and create client-focused business solutions. Through our shared commitment to these core values and our client focus, we will ensure that our future is as bright as our past.

Pros
Very attractive business
Cons
frequest flying more than 30% of the time
Friendly, productive and inspiring place to work
Sr. Mgr. Bus. Development & Sales - North America (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Exciting and inspiring organization to work for. Helping clients around the globe. Multicultural environment not only in terms of employees but also in terms of coverage and reach.

Learning everyday, open door environment, reward & recognition for achievers, fun place to work, giving back to the community and win-win-win for client-employee-employer!
Energetic
Product Manager - Global Product (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 September 2016
The company is a fast paced, energetic environment to work in. The people are amazing and the ability to work globally lets you interact with so many different cultures.
Fun place to work
Senior Executive Assistant & Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2014
Western Union fosters a healthy work environment and is supportive of a good work life balance.

There is no such thing as a typical day in the life of a Senior Executive Assistant and Office Manager with a client facing role.

My day consists of:
Project Management; agendas and minutes; following up on action items; expense reports; petty cash; travel arrangements; HR issues; benefits administration; compiling data and creating charts in Excel; presentations in PowerPoint; email and calendar management; preparing and sending couriers; and in the event of a fire - fire warden.

The part that I enjoy most about my job, aside from the great people that I work with, is the variety of projects and tasks that I have the opportunity to work on. I also enjoy that I have a lot of autonomy in this role.
Pros
Flexible work hours; competitve salary and benefits
Cons
Commute post office move
Review
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
This is a fast pace market, where i learned a great deal regarding the trading world. Coming into the position it is heavily case work based, with orking growing as payment issues arise. A leadership role became open as I started out as the first analyst in the Toronto office. I now assist it handling a team of 7 analyst.
Good job security
Associate - Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2015
WUBS is one of the largest company of FX business and I am fortunate to work with WUBS. My FX exepriance has increased a lot while working here and starting from processing remittances to investigate all FX return cases.

The managemnent here is good and the co-worker as well. The one and only hardest part of this job is salary which is below the market standard.

The most enjoyable part of this job is I have to deal with FX, cheques, options, investigations, reconciliation and many more which increasing my knowledge a lot.
Nice job
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2016
I worked here and learned how to deal with variety of people. Learned many things throughout training and working there about the company and how it is run through the world.
Fast paced exciting environment
Product Manager - Global Product (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 April 2016
Great environment to work in with a fast paced driven work force. The global business and people you get to interact with daily are something you only get at a company of this size that reaches so many countries.
Nice co workers, horrible team leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2016
Stressful atmosphere, didnt like it one bit
team leaders were rude and didnt want to help
co workers were very kind and felt the same concerns
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2016
I have truly enjoyed my time with this company. I have great bosses and work with some amazing people. I would highly recommend this employer.
social and fun workplace
Community consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2014
in a day to day basis deal with multicultural groups, promote products to the public & media, I learned to understand different cultures and way of living; management is up to date and co-workers are professionals; the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with different ethnic groups and media.
Pros
plentyt of promotional materials, such as pens, coffee mugs, key chains, telephone cards, traveling bags, ...
Cons
Loading and unloading of promotional matterials
Large company with secretive top down management
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking and sending emails,
cold and warm calls to clients, meeting both inside and out of the office, some paper work, reading up on the markets for 15 or 20 minutes and then finally some reflection on the events of the day, client meetings/calls and how to improve sales process.

The most important thing I learned here is that any organization must have internal congruency in order to function effectively.

The management took a micro style and was very secretive about internal matters. They would not give much warning before making substantial changes. Communication was ineffective with management and goals that were set by them were counter productive to revenue generation.

My Co-workers were all great and some became good friends of mine which was also the hardest part of the job when it was time to leave.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections.
Pros
travel experience and large brand backing
Cons
micro-managed, secretive, complicated comission structure.
A good starter
Technical Support II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2014
- Handle in-bound calls and escalated supervisor calls
- Provide excellent Customer Service to Western Union Agents
- Guide agent through hardware troubleshooting
- Guide agent through software navigation
- Handle immediate escalations via chat platform
- Review escalated cases and advise frontline team of resolution
- Delegate follow ups within Tier 2 team and frontline team
- Review and draft comprehensive KB documents
- Provide feedback and coaching regarding any present gaps in the process
- Provide assistance and curriculum insight during training
- Set resolution SLAs to Frontline Team
- Meet and exceed set KPIs and SLAs
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
High work load
fun workplace and lots of advancement
Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ON21 September 2015
learn lots in this role with new job duties everyday had to do lots of training and very hands on training did not feel bored cause every client needs was different so learn lots of skills and probing skills and trying to understand what matters most to the client by building relationship
Productive, fun, global fortune 500 company with lot of career advancement opportunities
Bilingual Corporate Foreign Exchange Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 October 2015
"You don't believe, you don't belong"

Global opportunity, Global brand, Global footprint..

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind"​
Fast paced working environment with Interchangeable schedules
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2014
Answering customer calls from all over North-America.
Dealing with money transfer issues.
Learned alot about how to send money properly and all the limitations that have to do with transfers.
Management was new on campaign and still also was learning.
Having to tell people that their money was on hold or lost.
Being able to successfully handle a customer's money in the way that they expected.
Pros
Free Lunches, Own Locker, Days Off.
Cons
Schedules frequently changing.
Challenging yet rewarding workplace which I had to leave due to change of address
Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 July 2014
• Responsible for electronic money transfer to various parts of the world via Western Union & MJS World Financial devices
• Utilized Microsoft Word & Excel
• Typing speed of 150 WPM
• Completed all data entry and basic accounting work
• Obtained cash or debit payments from customers and ensured that they are provided with correct change and issued valid receipts
• Received and routed mail
Pros
Excellent team and work environment.
Cons
Not within close proximity after I moved to Brampton.
Customer Service Oriented
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philippines7 May 2014
- One of the leading companies in the financial industry.
- A lot of learning from the company especially the opportunities given to attend several trainings that will benefit the advancement of the employees.
Pros
Day Shift Account
Cons
No Retirement Pay
Exciting, fast paced work atmospher
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 August 2012
I learned a lot at my position as fraud specialist, I helped a lot of elderly people as well as different businesses from being defrauded by strangers and fraudsters, I learned how to deal with the most difficult situations ever in terms of people get defrauded either by family members or other people they trust.
Pros
endless knowledge
Cons
odd hours and lack of work to life balance