Western Union

Western Union Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive Work Place
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
My success is driven by a high performance team of professionals. We look to attract and retain dynamic, diverse, and innovative professionals around the globe. My core values - teamwork, opportunity, passion, integrity, and partnership - form the solid foundation to drive innovation, deliver outstanding service, and create client-focused business solutions. Through our shared commitment to these core values and our client focus, we will ensure that our future is as bright as our past.

I Build the career I want for myself and my team in a progressive, dynamic, stimulating, fast-paced industry. We strive to offer a fulfilling work experience, competitive compensation and benefits, a flexible environment and a corporate culture that cares about our clients, employee satisfaction, business and professional growth.
Pros
Very attractive business
Cons
frequest flying more than 30% of the time
Nice co workers, horrible team leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2016
Stressful atmosphere, didnt like it one bit
team leaders were rude and didnt want to help
co workers were very kind and felt the same concerns
Productive, fun, global fortune 500 company with lot of career advancement opportunities
Bilingual Corporate Foreign Exchange Sales Support (Current Employee) –  OntarioOctober 8, 2015
"You don't believe, you don't belong"

Global opportunity, Global brand, Global footprint..

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind"​
fun workplace and lots of advancement
Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ONSeptember 21, 2015
learn lots in this role with new job duties everyday had to do lots of training and very hands on training did not feel bored cause every client needs was different so learn lots of skills and probing skills and trying to understand what matters most to the client by building relationship
social and fun workplace
Community consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2014
in a day to day basis deal with multicultural groups, promote products to the public & media, I learned to understand different cultures and way of living; management is up to date and co-workers are professionals; the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with different ethnic groups and media.
Pros
plentyt of promotional materials, such as pens, coffee mugs, key chains, telephone cards, traveling bags, ...
Cons
loading and unloading of promotional matterials
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2015
My Co-workers were very helpful. especially with training me.

I have a lot of data entry experience from this company and role that I played in this company.
Pros
Not too strict
Cons
There are no cons
Large company with secretive top down management
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking and sending emails,
cold and warm calls to clients, meeting both inside and out of the office, some paper work, reading up on the markets for 15 or 20 minutes and then finally some reflection on the events of the day, client meetings/calls and how to improve sales process.

The most important thing I learned here is that any organization must have internal congruency in order to function effectively.

The management took a micro style and was very secretive about internal matters. They would not give much warning before making substantial changes. Communication was ineffective with management and goals that were set by them were counter productive to revenue generation.

My Co-workers were all great and some became good friends of mine which was also the hardest part of the job when it was time to leave.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections.
Pros
travel experience and large brand backing
Cons
micro-managed, secretive, complicated comission structure.
productive work place with friendly environment
Informatica Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Friendly environment with challenging work place.
innovative co-workers with different opinions to a situation, where i learnt so many options to a particular scenario.
A good starter
Technical Support II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
- Handle in-bound calls and escalated supervisor calls
- Provide excellent Customer Service to Western Union Agents
- Guide agent through hardware troubleshooting
- Guide agent through software navigation
- Handle immediate escalations via chat platform
- Review escalated cases and advise frontline team of resolution
- Delegate follow ups within Tier 2 team and frontline team
- Review and draft comprehensive KB documents
- Provide feedback and coaching regarding any present gaps in the process
- Provide assistance and curriculum insight during training
- Set resolution SLAs to Frontline Team
- Meet and exceed set KPIs and SLAs
Pros
good work culture
Cons
high work load
Fast paced working environment with Interchangeable schedules
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 27, 2014
Answering customer calls from all over North-America.
Dealing with money transfer issues.
Learned alot about how to send money properly and all the limitations that have to do with transfers.
Management was new on campaign and still also was learning.
Having to tell people that their money was on hold or lost.
Being able to successfully handle a customer's money in the way that they expected.
Pros
free lunches, own locker, days off.
Cons
schedules frequently changing.
Western Union
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, ONMarch 16, 2014
I have just started working with Western Union and it seems like a good place to work.
Pros
they have free coffee, tea and fruit
No training provided
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 6, 2014
Everyone was dedicated and hard working, but they will throw you into your position and expect that you know what you're doing immediately.
Great management and work environment within a specific department of Western Union
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 17, 2014
My job consisted of preventing fraudulent transactions being sent through Western Union. Contacting customers to ensure their transactions are valid, and getting the details of their transaction to assist in any possible fraudulent activity.
I learned to determine when a customer is possibly being scammed and how to coach the customer so they are more tactful in their transactions for the future.
Within our small specialized department of Western Union, our management staff placed a lot of trust in their employees and knew that we required little supervision to ensure we provided the best possible service to our customers. Our specialized department had an excellent group of dedicated employees that provided a noticeable improvement in customer service, and prevented the most amount of fraudulent transactions within Western Union.
The hardest part of the job was reaching our to customer who were the victims of scams and fraudulent transactions. These people were often senior citizens who were unaware that they were scammed, often by contacts overseas. Informing the customers about potential or unrecoverable losses was difficult, but rewarding when they validated our high customer service.
The most rewarding part of the job was working with and for a great team of employees that strived for a common goal in providing the best customer experience within Western Union.
Pros
worked for great managment and coworkers
Cons
layed off due to western union wanting to pay for cheaper staff
High job satisfcations from on going challenges and high level tasks
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Typical day includes:
- handle consumer, agent, geographic reports and projects
- give insight and recommendations on internal controls
- help train new employees
Open office concept, bad management without motivation
Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
Help your manager understand what he wants to know.
Follow the rules given but be ready to bear the conseqence if any.
great work place
Client Relation Manager & Corporate Dealer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2013
great work place, good people, helpful and fun, good work attitude and just an overall good atmosphere to work in.
Environnement agréable
Directeur de comptes exécutifs (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCAugust 5, 2015
Prospecter et trouver des nouvelles opportunités. Réponde aux demandes de la clientèle existante. Visiter les clients dans leurs entreprises. Visiter les agents. Protéger la part du marché.
Faire la formation des nouveaux agents.
Veiller a ce que mes partenaires en affaire et leurs agents respectent les nouvelles règles de conformité.
Le management nous aide a accomplir nos taches et objectifs.
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon mon poste et toujours la rencontre avec les clients futurs et existants.
L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste et de faire fasse aux dédales administratifs et d'integration.
Pros
travail a domicile et voyages
Cons
Travailler a régler les tracas qui ne sont pas reliés a la productivité