Western Union Employee Reviews

Too many silos
Senior Dealer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Organization has a lot of potential but stuck with too many different different groups. hard to see how things fit together at times. Everything is more complicated than it really needs to be
Pros
good benefits
Cons
onerous rules and procedures
productive, quiet, balanced
Cashier ~~ , Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON1 June 2017
nice, quiet place to work.
I never had any negative experiences in my 6 years working there.
I started as a cashier on the front end and was moved up to supervisor after a couple of years. Overall I had a great time working there.
Customer priority number one
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
Western Union was a great experience for my professional career, I was able to interact with customers to get feed back so we can improve our service for their next visit. The workplace culture was friendly, Western Union cared for its customers and they always made sure the customers were our first priority that they leave with a satisfactory service. Overall, the job provided me with the ground work on managing the branch effectively and gathering the staff to work as a team for a common goal.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
customer complains
Fun place to work.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
It was a seasonal job, but overall it was great. I learned how to engage greatly with customers and demonstrate job itinerary in a short amount of time.
learn how to handle situation according to customer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 December 2016
The job was very enjoyable when i found the account information of customer easily and at the time when customer was very cooperative. The part i found difficult when somebody gave the wrong receiver name and i had to call customer care to solve the problem.
Friendly, productive and inspiring place to work
Sr. Mgr. Bus. Development & Sales - North America (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Exciting and inspiring organization to work for. Helping clients around the globe. Multicultural environment not only in terms of employees but also in terms of coverage and reach.

Learning everyday, open door environment, reward & recognition for achievers, fun place to work, giving back to the community and win-win-win for client-employee-employer!
Energetic
Product Manager - Global Product (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 September 2016
The company is a fast paced, energetic environment to work in. The people are amazing and the ability to work globally lets you interact with so many different cultures.
Review
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
This is a fast pace market, where i learned a great deal regarding the trading world. Coming into the position it is heavily case work based, with orking growing as payment issues arise. A leadership role became open as I started out as the first analyst in the Toronto office. I now assist it handling a team of 7 analyst.
Nice job
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2016
I worked here and learned how to deal with variety of people. Learned many things throughout training and working there about the company and how it is run through the world.
Fast paced exciting environment
Product Manager - Global Product (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 April 2016
Great environment to work in with a fast paced driven work force. The global business and people you get to interact with daily are something you only get at a company of this size that reaches so many countries.
Nice co workers, horrible team leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2016
Stressful atmosphere, didnt like it one bit
team leaders were rude and didnt want to help
co workers were very kind and felt the same concerns
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2016
I have truly enjoyed my time with this company. I have great bosses and work with some amazing people. I would highly recommend this employer.
Productive Work Place
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2016
My success is driven by a high performance team of professionals. We look to attract and retain dynamic, diverse, and innovative professionals around the globe. My core values - teamwork, opportunity, passion, integrity, and partnership - form the solid foundation to drive innovation, deliver outstanding service, and create client-focused business solutions. Through our shared commitment to these core values and our client focus, we will ensure that our future is as bright as our past.

I Build the career I want for myself and my team in a progressive, dynamic, stimulating, fast-paced industry. We strive to offer a fulfilling work experience, competitive compensation and benefits, a flexible environment and a corporate culture that cares about our clients, employee satisfaction, business and professional growth.
Pros
Very attractive business
Cons
frequest flying more than 30% of the time
Corporate Culture
My success is driven by a high performance team of professionals.
I work hard to attract and retain dynamic, diverse, and innovative professionals around the globe. My core values - teamwork, opportunity, passion, integrity, and partnership - form the solid foundation to drive innovation, deliver outstanding service, and create client-focused business solutions.

Pros
Very attractive business
Cons
Frequent Travel more than 30% of the time
Productive, fun, global fortune 500 company with lot of career advancement opportunities
Bilingual Corporate Foreign Exchange Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 October 2015
"You don't believe, you don't belong"

Global opportunity, Global brand, Global footprint..

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind"​
fun workplace and lots of advancement
Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ON21 September 2015
learn lots in this role with new job duties everyday had to do lots of training and very hands on training did not feel bored cause every client needs was different so learn lots of skills and probing skills and trying to understand what matters most to the client by building relationship
Environnement agréable
Directeur de comptes exécutifs (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 August 2015
Prospecter et trouver des nouvelles opportunités. Réponde aux demandes de la clientèle existante. Visiter les clients dans leurs entreprises. Visiter les agents. Protéger la part du marché.
Faire la formation des nouveaux agents.
Veiller a ce que mes partenaires en affaire et leurs agents respectent les nouvelles règles de conformité.
Le management nous aide a accomplir nos taches et objectifs.
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon mon poste et toujours la rencontre avec les clients futurs et existants.
L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste et de faire fasse aux dédales administratifs et d'integration.
Pros
travail a domicile et voyages
Cons
Travailler a régler les tracas qui ne sont pas reliés a la productivité
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2015
My Co-workers were very helpful. especially with training me.

I have a lot of data entry experience from this company and role that I played in this company.
Pros
Not too strict
Cons
There are no cons
productive work place with friendly environment
Informatica Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2015
Friendly environment with challenging work place.
innovative co-workers with different opinions to a situation, where i learnt so many options to a particular scenario.
Good job security
Associate - Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2015
WUBS is one of the largest company of FX business and I am fortunate to work with WUBS. My FX exepriance has increased a lot while working here and starting from processing remittances to investigate all FX return cases.

The managemnent here is good and the co-worker as well. The one and only hardest part of this job is salary which is below the market standard.

The most enjoyable part of this job is I have to deal with FX, cheques, options, investigations, reconciliation and many more which increasing my knowledge a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Union. Our community is ready to answer.