Western Union

Western Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great management and work environment within a specific department of Western Union
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: worked for great managment and coworkers
Cons: layed off due to western union wanting to pay for cheaper staff
My job consisted of preventing fraudulent transactions being sent through Western Union. Contacting customers to ensure their transactions are valid, and getting the details of their transaction to assist in any possible fraudulent activity.
I learned to determine when a customer is possibly being scammed and how to coach the customer so they are more – more... tactful in their transactions for the future.
Within our small specialized department of Western Union, our management staff placed a lot of trust in their employees and knew that we required little supervision to ensure we provided the best possible service to our customers. Our specialized department had an excellent group of dedicated employees that provided a noticeable improvement in customer service, and prevented the most amount of fraudulent transactions within Western Union.
The hardest part of the job was reaching our to customer who were the victims of scams and fraudulent transactions. These people were often senior citizens who were unaware that they were scammed, often by contacts overseas. Informing the customers about potential or unrecoverable losses was difficult, but rewarding when they validated our high customer service.
The most rewarding part of the job was working with and for a great team of employees that strived for a common goal in providing the best customer experience within Western Union. – less
A good starter
Technical Support II (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: high work load
- Handle in-bound calls and escalated supervisor calls
- Provide excellent Customer Service to Western Union Agents
- Guide agent through hardware troubleshooting
- Guide agent through software navigation
- Handle immediate escalations via chat platform
- Review escalated cases and advise frontline team of resolution
- Delegate follow ups within Tier – more... 2 team and frontline team
- Review and draft comprehensive KB documents
- Provide feedback and coaching regarding any present gaps in the process
- Provide assistance and curriculum insight during training
- Set resolution SLAs to Frontline Team
- Meet and exceed set KPIs and SLAs – less
High job satisfcations from on going challenges and high level tasks
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Typical day includes:
- handle consumer, agent, geographic reports and projects
- give insight and recommendations on internal controls
- help train new employees
Western Union
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Union, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: they have free coffee, tea and fruit
I have just started working with Western Union and it seems like a good place to work.
social and fun workplace
Community consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: plentyt of promotional materials, such as pens, coffee mugs, key chains, telephone cards, traveling bags, ...
Cons: loading and unloading of promotional matterials
in a day to day basis deal with multicultural groups, promote products to the public & media, I learned to understand different cultures and way of living; management is up to date and co-workers are professionals; the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with different ethnic groups and media.
Fun company with low pay and little room to grow.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Costa mesa, CaliforniaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: nice customers
Cons: management wasn't the best.
I worked at Vons for five years, two years as a bagger and three as customer service/cashier. I basically could do everything by the first year at customer service desk. Only made 8.60 from five years of being at Vons.
an accounting (Former Employee), MarrakechOctober 22, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: 10
I learned how to speak with customers and how to send and receive money around the worlds.
Typical Currency Clerk Job
Cermak 24 Hour Currency (Cashier) (Former Employee), Chicago,IllOctober 16, 2014
Cons: healthcare and short breaks
Typical clerk job in a 24 hour Currency Exchange.
Customer Service
Poor pay equals poor management
Credit Officer (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOOctober 2, 2014
Management was a joke, very condescending and amateurish.
Great karma in the work place. Excited about going to my job everyday.
Senior Risk Analyst (Risk Management (Current Employee), EnglewoodSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: not working weekends.
Handle AML Money Laundering, Fraud review, and MO /MT contract violations.
Dealing with alot of customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: having my own desk
Cons: not enough pay
I've learned that people will try to scam any way they can. I loved working at this company, for this manager, and with my co-workers.
Frontline Assistant (Former Employee), Send, ENGSeptember 7, 2014
• Ensures accuracy of every client transactions (Pay-out and Send-out)
• Responsible for Client Database Updates-CRM
• Ensures 5 minutes transaction process
• Prepares report to AVP & Accounting Dept
• Prepares transaction summary and cash voucher report and other branch report
• Customer service and cash handling (Replenishment)
• Processing Cebu Pacific – more... Airlines
• Processing Go Travel Unlimited (GTU)
• Identify counterfeit currency (Philippine Peso and US Dollar) – less
very interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westbury, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: peaceful work atmosphere
Cons: short breaks
A typical day is full of costumers. They come in to make a transaction. it takes about ten to fifteen minutes for new costumers and five minutes for existing clients. During my time there, with the variety of the costumers I learned that a business cannot succeed without a good work environment and harmony among co-workers.
The hardest part of the job – more... was to comply with the demand. in the morning there are little to no costumers but they make up for it in the evening so much so that we become understaffed. As hard as it may sound , the dynamic of the afternoon work is faster and more enjoyable then other times – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee, comfortable break rooms, etc.
Cons: short breaks, etc.
Productive and fun workplace with arcade break room with store deli. I learned new computer techniques and improved my customer service skills. The management team was very involved and helpful with all agents performance and made sure we gave the highest quality of customer service. My co-workers were very fun. We maintained professional relationship – more... and would work as a team to be one of the best departments in our company. The hardest part of the job was the long commute. the actual job wasn't that hard it was repetitive and I adapted to the job very easily. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving the customers issue and they acknowledges the time and effort in resolving the issue. – less
Productive, Fun workplace wit my co-worker
Front Line Associate (Current Employee), PhilippinesAugust 25, 2014
Pros: sales
Cons: 12 hours
A typical day of work I think everyday..I learned a lot in sales and communicating different people.Management is okey,also my co-worker as well. The hardest part of my job is being new in this company and my most enjoyable part is when I learned this Job.
Great company
Contractor (Current Employee), englewood coAugust 5, 2014
Customer research
Supervise staff
HR
Fincen, FATF, AML, BSa
Wonderful Experience
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Montvale, NJAugust 1, 2014
Pros: get co-workers
Cons: too short
Learned a lot, great working with barneys employees, and
the wonderful customers.
funny jobs, but easy to get tired
Street Marketing (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 7, 2014
had fun to talk to the strangers in the street.
learned about what kinds of the production will attract the crowds
productive
Sr. SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), western unionJuly 3, 2014
The project involved Implementing custom workflow, collaboration, and document management solutions in Microsoft SharePoint Server
Excellent company and Great Culture!
Territory Account Manager - South Texas (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2014
Great company to work for and excellent environment and work culture! Everything is very positive about the company , however, my position as a territory manager requires me to travel a lot throughout south texas and after a couple of years of living in hotels and traveling its getting a little tiring.

I recommend Western Union to anybody who can find – more... a position opening, they are hard to find and they do not become open very often due to the great culture and managment. – less

1 2 3 4 5