Western Union Employee Reviews

Review
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
This is a fast pace market, where i learned a great deal regarding the trading world. Coming into the position it is heavily case work based, with orking growing as payment issues arise. A leadership role became open as I started out as the first analyst in the Toronto office. I now assist it handling a team of 7 analyst.
Nice job
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2016
I worked here and learned how to deal with variety of people. Learned many things throughout training and working there about the company and how it is run through the world.
Fast paced exciting environment
Product Manager - Global Product (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 April 2016
Great environment to work in with a fast paced driven work force. The global business and people you get to interact with daily are something you only get at a company of this size that reaches so many countries.
Nice co workers, horrible team leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2016
Stressful atmosphere, didnt like it one bit
team leaders were rude and didnt want to help
co workers were very kind and felt the same concerns
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2016
I have truly enjoyed my time with this company. I have great bosses and work with some amazing people. I would highly recommend this employer.
Productive Work Place
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2016
My success is driven by a high performance team of professionals. We look to attract and retain dynamic, diverse, and innovative professionals around the globe. My core values - teamwork, opportunity, passion, integrity, and partnership - form the solid foundation to drive innovation, deliver outstanding service, and create client-focused business solutions. Through our shared commitment to these core values and our client focus, we will ensure that our future is as bright as our past.

I Build the career I want for myself and my team in a progressive, dynamic, stimulating, fast-paced industry. We strive to offer a fulfilling work experience, competitive compensation and benefits, a flexible environment and a corporate culture that cares about our clients, employee satisfaction, business and professional growth.
Pros
Very attractive business
Cons
frequest flying more than 30% of the time
Corporate Culture
My success is driven by a high performance team of professionals.
I work hard to attract and retain dynamic, diverse, and innovative professionals around the globe. My core values - teamwork, opportunity, passion, integrity, and partnership - form the solid foundation to drive innovation, deliver outstanding service, and create client-focused business solutions.

Pros
Very attractive business
Cons
Frequent Travel more than 30% of the time
Productive, fun, global fortune 500 company with lot of career advancement opportunities
Bilingual Corporate Foreign Exchange Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 October 2015
"You don't believe, you don't belong"

Global opportunity, Global brand, Global footprint..

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind"​
fun workplace and lots of advancement
Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ON21 September 2015
learn lots in this role with new job duties everyday had to do lots of training and very hands on training did not feel bored cause every client needs was different so learn lots of skills and probing skills and trying to understand what matters most to the client by building relationship
Productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2015
My Co-workers were very helpful. especially with training me.

I have a lot of data entry experience from this company and role that I played in this company.
Pros
Not too strict
Cons
There are no cons
productive work place with friendly environment
Informatica Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2015
Friendly environment with challenging work place.
innovative co-workers with different opinions to a situation, where i learnt so many options to a particular scenario.
Good job security
Associate - Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2015
WUBS is one of the largest company of FX business and I am fortunate to work with WUBS. My FX exepriance has increased a lot while working here and starting from processing remittances to investigate all FX return cases.

The managemnent here is good and the co-worker as well. The one and only hardest part of this job is salary which is below the market standard.

The most enjoyable part of this job is I have to deal with FX, cheques, options, investigations, reconciliation and many more which increasing my knowledge a lot.
Large company with secretive top down management
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking and sending emails,
cold and warm calls to clients, meeting both inside and out of the office, some paper work, reading up on the markets for 15 or 20 minutes and then finally some reflection on the events of the day, client meetings/calls and how to improve sales process.

The most important thing I learned here is that any organization must have internal congruency in order to function effectively.

The management took a micro style and was very secretive about internal matters. They would not give much warning before making substantial changes. Communication was ineffective with management and goals that were set by them were counter productive to revenue generation.

My Co-workers were all great and some became good friends of mine which was also the hardest part of the job when it was time to leave.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections.
Pros
travel experience and large brand backing
Cons
micro-managed, secretive, complicated comission structure.
No training provided
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 November 2014
Everyone was dedicated and hard working, but they will throw you into your position and expect that you know what you're doing immediately.
Fast paced working environment with Interchangeable schedules
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2014
Answering customer calls from all over North-America.
Dealing with money transfer issues.
Learned alot about how to send money properly and all the limitations that have to do with transfers.
Management was new on campaign and still also was learning.
Having to tell people that their money was on hold or lost.
Being able to successfully handle a customer's money in the way that they expected.
Pros
Free Lunches, Own Locker, Days Off.
Cons
Schedules frequently changing.
Great management and work environment within a specific department of Western Union
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2014
My job consisted of preventing fraudulent transactions being sent through Western Union. Contacting customers to ensure their transactions are valid, and getting the details of their transaction to assist in any possible fraudulent activity.
I learned to determine when a customer is possibly being scammed and how to coach the customer so they are more tactful in their transactions for the future.
Within our small specialized department of Western Union, our management staff placed a lot of trust in their employees and knew that we required little supervision to ensure we provided the best possible service to our customers. Our specialized department had an excellent group of dedicated employees that provided a noticeable improvement in customer service, and prevented the most amount of fraudulent transactions within Western Union.
The hardest part of the job was reaching our to customer who were the victims of scams and fraudulent transactions. These people were often senior citizens who were unaware that they were scammed, often by contacts overseas. Informing the customers about potential or unrecoverable losses was difficult, but rewarding when they validated our high customer service.
The most rewarding part of the job was working with and for a great team of employees that strived for a common goal in providing the best customer experience within Western Union.
Pros
Worked for great managment and coworkers
Cons
Layed off due to Western Union wanting to pay for cheaper staff
Challenging yet rewarding workplace which I had to leave due to change of address
Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 July 2014
• Responsible for electronic money transfer to various parts of the world via Western Union & MJS World Financial devices
• Utilized Microsoft Word & Excel
• Typing speed of 150 WPM
• Completed all data entry and basic accounting work
• Obtained cash or debit payments from customers and ensured that they are provided with correct change and issued valid receipts
• Received and routed mail
Pros
Excellent team and work environment.
Cons
Not within close proximity after I moved to Brampton.
nice company
SENIOR PIPLINE DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 July 2014
mainly focus pipeline projects.
there are not much works recently.
it is a small company.
A good starter
Technical Support II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2014
- Handle in-bound calls and escalated supervisor calls
- Provide excellent Customer Service to Western Union Agents
- Guide agent through hardware troubleshooting
- Guide agent through software navigation
- Handle immediate escalations via chat platform
- Review escalated cases and advise frontline team of resolution
- Delegate follow ups within Tier 2 team and frontline team
- Review and draft comprehensive KB documents
- Provide feedback and coaching regarding any present gaps in the process
- Provide assistance and curriculum insight during training
- Set resolution SLAs to Frontline Team
- Meet and exceed set KPIs and SLAs
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
High work load
High job satisfcations from on going challenges and high level tasks
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2014
Typical day includes:
- handle consumer, agent, geographic reports and projects
- give insight and recommendations on internal controls
- help train new employees