Shipping and Receiving Clerk
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk ensures seamless processing of outgoing shipments and incoming items. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Maintain filing of shipping documents.
- Prepare and schedule shipments as assigned.
- Schedule daily transportation needs with different carriers/couriers.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe packing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.