The Manufacturing Production Manager is hands on person with a finger on the manufacturing pulse, while being responsible for planning production schedules, and overseeing manufacturing activities in pursuance of business goals. Includes development of policies and procedures designed to increase productivity, assure quality, and mitigate production problems in a safety conscious environment. To this end, the Manufacturing Manager will improve throughput and other in-house processes with the objective of reducing overall costs, enhancing customer satisfaction with the end goal of delivering our products on time safely.
- Focus on shop flow and efficiency
- Blue print reading
- Knowledge of efficient and effective manufacturing solutions
- Development and Continual Learning
- Staff Management, Leadership * Coaching and Mentoring
- Communication, Team Work * Time Management, Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability * Decision Making and Judgement
- Adaptability/ Flexibility/ Problem Solving
- Planning, Organizing, Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Ethics, Integrity and Providing Consultation
- Mediating and Negotiating
- An understanding of acceptable Quality and a ZERO compromise mindset.
- Enforcing Corporate Policy
- Provide leadership for developing and directing manufacturing and plant operations.
- Shipping/Receiving will continue to remain the responsibility of GP Logistics understanding clear concise communication with GP Logistics Coordinator and crossover team building is a prerequisite.
- Implementation of production systems within Western Manufacturing GP Plant.
- Support new process development and continuous improvement by implementation of jigs and manufacturing methods.
- Assist in training line workers in problem-solving techniques and on-the-spot production troubleshooting.
- Oversee inventory storage and utilization in compliance with established QC practices.
- Consult with Quality Assurance staff and engineers on quality issues, and help plan ways to repair issues as well as mitigate potential future problems.
- Manage manufacturing employees and other staff; recommend optimal staffing levels and schedules.
- Improve production standards through time studies and other standard data development methods.
- Identify areas for waste reduction.
- Develop plant or process flow layouts to improve productivity.
- Select and recommend the appropriate capital equipment as needed, create business case, and then oversee purchase, installation, and start-up once approved.
- Track time and cost on a per job basis for reporting to management.
- Create and maintain production and manufacturing documentation as required by standard QC practices.
- Persuade staff to adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
- Identify relevant training needs and opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with required QC standards with the help of QC/QA Manager and inspectors.
- Develop systems to evaluate, score, and implement manufacturing business system process improvements.
- Create and implement repeatable scoring metrics for all manufacturing operations.
- Direct knowledge of efficient steel manufacturing methodologies with quantifiable experience.
- Minimum 5 years of DIRECT WORK EXPERIENCE with manufacturing/production systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Strong inventory and production management skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising, communicating with internal/external departments and delivering vendors.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Should have a good working knowledge of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 systems, ASME B31.3 Pressure Piping and COR requirements
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross functional teams.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Western Manufacturing Ltd. is a steel tank and oilfield equipment manufacturer, specialized in API 650 and API 12-F tanks, custom...