Title: Heavy Equipment Operator – Loader
Reports To: Facilities Manager
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include front-end loaders, dozers, and other pieces of equipment. The Heavy Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Diagnose / identify defects in heavy duty equipment
- Clean, lubricate and perform other minor maintenance work
- Maneuver trucks/heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Report equipment defects, accidents, or damage.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of equipment service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up
- Yard / Grounds maintenance eg snow removal, yard grading
- Complete all necessary paperwork. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, equipment inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Heavy Equipment Operator license
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of operation of front end loaders, dozers, and other pieces of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine equipment maintenance
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple directives simultaneously
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Availability weekends/breaks/after hours may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 100lb
- Overtime as required
Western Manufacturing Ltd. is a steel tank and oilfield equipment manufacturer, specialized in API 650 and API 12-F tanks, custom...