Title Director of Sales and Marketing
Reports to CEO
The Director of Sales and Marketing is the leader of the outside sales team. He/she is responsible for building a team of highly productive sales representatives that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, including the needs of our existing and potential customers. The Director of Sales and Marketing is accountable for driving Western Manufacturing Ltd. Corporate Sales and Marketing initiatives through the territories for which they are responsible. Duties include job and channel profitability, growth, and retention of both customers and sales representatives. This position requires a strong, principle centered leader. The Director of Sales and Marketing plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the activities of establishments and departments involved in Outside sales. Responsibilities will also include planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall sales and marketing professionals through training / mentoring.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of the outside sales and marketing department.
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies.
- Plan budgets and authorize expenditures.
- Resolve customer issues with the Project Managers.
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
- Model and champion Western Manufacturing Ltd. values, creating a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related issues and concerns.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the outside sales operations. This would include business and customer development and territory management.
- Attain budgeted revenue expectations. Assure the profitability of Company is met through planning, implementation, follow-up and margin control.
- Build and retain an effective team of sales representatives. Lead, coach and motivate team to achieve pre-established goals.
- Set sales goal expectations for each of Western Manufacturing Ltd.’s sales representatives including customer expectations, as well as quota achievement.
- Direct territory activities of sales staff.
- Measure the activities of each sales representative to assure that their marketing activities will produce intended sales production.
- Implement and execute the company’s marketing strategy and business plans.
- Work in concert with other department and business segment leaders to assure congruence with sales operations, representing the voice of the department, the customer and the interests of the sales team.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments.
- Complete monthly formal reports of all functional performance.
- Train the internal trainers to ensure all personnel comply with training requirements, work standards, policies, and procedures. Set training standards and sales performance testing.
- Develop annual budgets and targets.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and sales closings are followed.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine sales department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confer with Chief Executive Officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning including sales, financial performance and new product releases.
- Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis: for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Performs other duties as required
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing.
- A broad range of functional knowledge particularly with respect to the sales and marketing of advertising and sponsorship opportunities and strong credible experience of the sales environment relevant to manufacturing in the oil and gas sector.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, including 3 years of field sales management experience in a business to business environment.
- Minimum of four (4) years management experience particularly that of staff motivation and development in using existing and new sales techniques.
- Book of work and contacts would be a definite asset.
- Demonstrable experience of developing sales strategy and product development plans linking to the business plan with knowledge of national and international markets.
- Strong working knowledge of motivation, training, appraisal and general supervisory skills.
- Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff required.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing sales/marketing practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- May require work in hazardous environments requiring protective equipment
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Interacts with customers, staff, and visitors.
- Travel may be required
Indeed - 5 months ago