The Painter, under the direction of the Yard Manager, will primarily be responsible for painting, using specialized equipment and techniques. This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of painting equipment. To act as a contact for all field personnel, and for all equipment, materials and tools for painting. Responsibilities will include maintaining all equipment to ensure workplace safety, inspection of materials and equipment to ensure proper working condition, and efficiently storing all materials.
- Communicate clearly with Yard Manager
- Maintain all painting equipment
- Monitor stock supplies
- Clean and prepare surfaces for application of external paint and internal linings
- Meet and exceed standards set by company and QCI
- Must follow company policy and procedures and government legislation, including adherence to proper health and safety standards and use of personal protective equipment.
- Ensure that process is completed within set timeframes, and work as a member of multidisciplinary team to ensure products are finished by set deadline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years' related experience in commercial painting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of mixing and application of multiple manufacturers supplies
- Ability to work with multiple product lines
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of controlling, adjusting, starting and stopping painting equipment
- Strong attention to detail.
- Overtime may be required.
- Lifting or moving up to 75+lbs may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use hand tools and paint equipment
- Work in all weather conditions
Indeed - 16 months ago
Western Manufacturing Ltd. is a steel tank and oilfield equipment manufacturer, specialized in API 650 and API 12-F tanks, custom...