The Accounts Payable Coordinator under the direction of the Controller is primarily responsible ensuring superior service to our vendors. This individual will support the Office team by providing advice, guidance, support and training as needed. The Accounts Payable Coordinator proactively enters invoices in Quick Books, ensures vendors are paid according to terms, updates and maintains Account Statements, works with Vendor A/R representatives to solve any issues that may occur.
- Assure the timely payment of monies owed
- Oversee the timeliness and accuracy of invoices for processing
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts payable using computerized and manual systems.
- Coordinate and confer with accounting team to resolve operating problems and difficulties.
- Resolve vendor complaints or answer vendor questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Assist with the investigation of payables issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
1-2 years of experience in an accounts payable capacity or related role
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Quick Books accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to resolve vendor issues
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Maybe required to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.