WESTERN HEALTH Employee Reviews

Amazing Job
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL30 April 2017
amazing job love caring for seniors , cooking and cleaning, it is very rewading career choice it I=ssometimes hard not to take your job homw with you
on call sucks
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL4 March 2017
The management set you up to fail every step of the way. You were unable to provide proper quality of care to residents due to time constraints. We were often short staffed and the size of the rooms compared to the amount of equipment made it very difficult to work. It was a hostile work environment at the best of times. And constantly being on call for what was mostly a 4 hour shift here and there made it very difficult to have a life. My marriage almost failed because of this job.
rewarding place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stephenville Crossing, NL22 August 2016
busy but rewarding place to work. management are there to answer any questions you may have and try to help in areas that they can. co-workers are very helpful, a lot of team work takes place. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you made a difference
Pros
schedule
Cons
alot to cover in a 12 hours shift
Memorable People
Personal Care Attendant/NA (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL5 July 2016
This was one of the hardest jobs I have ever done. While very satisfying to help others that can not do for themselves, it was also very hard to see at the same time. There was no real typical day as such. We would work as a team usually and very little on your own. My duties was to assist others with daily living, such as cleaning and helping them get dressed, with meals and coping with their daily stress of not being able to do for themselves like they once did. The hardest part of my job was watching people fade away, when there was nothing else for me to do but comfort them the best I could, weather that be by reading to them, do their hair or by just holding their hand. With that being said these were also some of the most enjoyable times, because there is nothing else in this world like making someone smile or to not feel alone.
Pros
Worked with many great people
Cons
Long hours and no proper shift planning.
ok place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL22 February 2016
Typical day is very busy. Days that you work short staffed are very difficult. Managers are soso to deal with, some are more available and seem to care about you over others. Co-workers for most part are friendly, but you do have many who forgets that there is no "I" in team work. Hardest part of the job is feeling overwhelmed with work load some days and dealing with death of patients, residents etc. Most enjoyable part is knowing your helping provide care to people and knowing that your are making a difference in someones life.
Pros
good co- workers and pay scale
Cons
long hours or working short staffed
Productive and uplifting department
Radiologist (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL1 February 2016
Very productive department
Work load on higher end
Offer multiple services and modalities
Great staff
Good work/lifestyle balance
Approchable colleagues
Job Summary
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL8 December 2015
Administering medication, assisting residents with ADLs, feeding residents as needed. My manager was fantastic, always went above and beyond for the employees. I loved my time at Western health.
High stress non stop environment
Sterile Supply Tech (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, Nl28 August 2014
Typical day at work would include answering phones, unloading washers of surgical instruments, constant adapting to changes. Repetitive construction of surgical Trays. Its an ever learning job. Coworkers are enjoyable with the array of personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the everyday challenges.
Pros
challenging
Cons
casual on call
Great Place to work within a collaborative environment
Graduate Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL19 June 2013
This establishment provided a comfortable and safe working environment. Staff members work well as an interdisciplinary team.