Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, always learning something new
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Burns Lake, BCJuly 27, 2015
Working at Western Financial was very challenging at times to find the right fit for the client's needs.
A very serious place to work with not much room for error.
I had a good relationship with other employeed, clients and management
administrative assistant (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 6, 2015
As receptionist I was the first impression both on the phone and in person exuding a happy atmosphere with professionalism. I got along with all co-workers both in and out of the office. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was the client contact, and at sometimes the most difficult part (ie irate clients, etc). I was employed at WFG for 12 years and had good work ethics, was very dependable, organized and moved traffic throughout the office in an efficient manner. – less
Very accomodating workplace
Insurance Broker (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: interacting with clients
Cons: longer hours
I was able to work from home and I found management was very understanding with my situation. I felt appreciated and was well rewarded for my hard work. I worked four hours per day from home and received calls from the office and clients regularly throughout that time. A typical day at work included writing new policies, processing endorsements and filing claims.
Bad company to work for, disorganized.
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), BrooksNovember 15, 2014
Pros: hours, benefits, location
Cons: bad training, too much work, no raises
Way too much work for way too little of pay.
Training was horrible. Basically thrown in to try to figure out myself how to do the job.
I was there for a year and half. Never had a review, there was a constant – more... turnover of staff. Management acted like there was no problem at all, just kept giving us more work to do.
I asked for a raise and was told that was not possible. There was a ban on raises. New people were making more than me.
I worked late almost every night to keep up with the workload. No overtime was ever given.
I did learn a lot about insurance, for that I am grateful.
Some of the other employees were very nice, just stressed.
Good hours and benefits. – less
Poor Management, high turnover.
IA (Former Employee), High RiverSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: none. all gone with the old manager.
Cons: management
Get your licence and get out!! Some of the offices have a huge turnover and for some reason HR doesn't seem to notice. The Strathmore office lost the best manager last year and replaced him with a woman – more... that did things for her benefit only. Once she had to meet a target and answer for her poor performance she ran. Now they have another with zero people managing skills. She has killed the office morale and will loose all the staff that have worked hard to keep it a successful office. If HR doesn't get in there soon that office will be completely upside down. Talk to the staff. Not just the new manager. She may think she knows it all but she has no clue how to talk or treat employees. Some manager training courses would have probably been a really good idea. To go from being a broker to a manager, never even managing a box shows. She could really use a kick off her high horse. – less
Insurance Broker (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCSeptember 10, 2014
Western Financial group was a great place to work. I would recommend this company.
Got along great with co-workers loved the work
Insurance agent (Former Employee), VictoriaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: training.
The training was horrible no direction. For such an extensive interview process the training was very misdirected. No reviews, passed around from one employee to another. You put in all that time and effort only to have it go haywire during your training!!!
Great People, Little Advancement
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 25, 2013
A great place to work if you want to create a steady life routine as hours are great. Benefits are only okay, not too good though. The people you get to work with are great. Little to no advancement opportunity though.
great experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great training
Cons: contract work not long term position
This company has a wonderful management team who is dedicated to staff development and growth.
Awkwardly run Company
insurance (Former Employee), high riverMay 31, 2013
Pros: large organization with small town feel
Cons: mgmt safety net for some employees. not sure what they value in an eployees.
Management unaware of real problem personalities and issues
Very difficult to fit in and be recognized for job. Difficult to understand the corporate culture.
Worst Managers I Have Ever Worked For
Communications (Former Employee), High River, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: good hours, decent benefits
Cons: no job stability, crazy managers, dishonest people promoted.
When I started at Western I was truly excited to be working for what I thought was an amazing company. After about a year there I started to realize that there was very little stability, most people are – more... gone within a year or two of starting. Of those people most were let go or fired for seemingly no reason. The managers are the worst I have ever worked for. There is little room for growth or advancement and HR/management does not care at all about staff. If you have any concerns you will just be fired.

Several people were getting sick in the office and they were just shoved aside and eventually let go for no reason. HR said even if a quarter of the staff were ill it would be too small a number to really be concerned with fixing the problem.

Save your time and effort and work for a company that will value the contributions of bright people. – less
Ok job. Low pay, poor management.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), High RiverMarch 15, 2013
Ok job. Low pay, poor management that often left me feeling lost when trying to find extra work during slow times.
Productive and helpful
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 13, 2012
Western Financial Group was a good place to work. A typical day would involve working with clients to make sure that they had proper insurance on their vehicles. I worked well with my co-workers and they were always there to help me and me to help them.
Fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee), prince georgeAugust 22, 2012
Pros: great shifts
Cons: when it wasn't busy
The mobile dealer service job was exciting busy and diverse. The people I worked with were great. Too bad the division shut down
Great learning experience, limited future
Corporate Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJune 15, 2012
Pros: great earning potential
Cons: incredibly high turnover
I would recommend this place to any recent business school looking to gain valuable experience.
The company takes a no excuse results based look at performance.
They also provide great sales training that – more... is easily transferable.

However, the job have incredibly high turnover that really creates an toxic atmosphere and a lot of dissension between management and employees.

In the end I feel that the experience and generous earnings potential outweigh the cons. – less