Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed working with most of the staff
Commercial CSR (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMay 12, 2014
Pros: everyone got along and worked well together
Cons: change in management styles; job was eliminated due to lack of work
Reviewed list of upcoming renewals and prepared the appropriate documents for the commercial brokers; learned to use different systems and gained a bit of an insight into commercial insurance. The manager that hired me was very knowledgeable and easy to work with/for. It was a very relaxed atmosphere to work in but we still got the job done. My co-workers – more... were approachable and open to questions as needed. Management changed and the whole atmosphere of the office changed....it wasn't as enjoyable to go to work every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing what was put before daily and talking to a variety of people throughout the day, – less
Got along great with co-workers loved the work
Insurance agent (Former Employee), VictoriaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: training.
The training was horrible no direction. For such an extensive interview process the training was very misdirected. No reviews, passed around from one employee to another. You put in all that time and effort only to have it go haywire during your training!!!
Great People, Little Advancement
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 25, 2013
A great place to work if you want to create a steady life routine as hours are great. Benefits are only okay, not too good though. The people you get to work with are great. Little to no advancement opportunity though.
great experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great training
Cons: contract work not long term position
This company has a wonderful management team who is dedicated to staff development and growth.
Awkwardly run Company
insurance (Former Employee), high riverMay 31, 2013
Pros: large organization with small town feel
Cons: mgmt safety net for some employees. not sure what they value in an eployees.
Management unaware of real problem personalities and issues
Very difficult to fit in and be recognized for job. Difficult to understand the corporate culture.
Worst Managers I Have Ever Worked For
Communications (Former Employee), High River, ABMay 23, 2013
Pros: good hours, decent benefits
Cons: no job stability, crazy managers, dishonest people promoted.
When I started at Western I was truly excited to be working for what I thought was an amazing company. After about a year there I started to realize that there was very little stability, most people are gone within a year or two of starting. Of those people most were let go or fired for seemingly no reason. The managers are the worst I have ever worked – more... for. There is little room for growth or advancement and HR/management does not care at all about staff. If you have any concerns you will just be fired.

Several people were getting sick in the office and they were just shoved aside and eventually let go for no reason. HR said even if a quarter of the staff were ill it would be too small a number to really be concerned with fixing the problem.

Save your time and effort and work for a company that will value the contributions of bright people. – less
Ok job. Low pay, poor management.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), High RiverMarch 15, 2013
Ok job. Low pay, poor management that often left me feeling lost when trying to find extra work during slow times.
Fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee), prince georgeAugust 22, 2012
Pros: great shifts
Cons: when it wasn't busy
The mobile dealer service job was exciting busy and diverse. The people I worked with were great. Too bad the division shut down
Great learning experience, limited future
Corporate Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJune 15, 2012
Pros: great earning potential
Cons: incredibly high turnover
I would recommend this place to any recent business school looking to gain valuable experience.
The company takes a no excuse results based look at performance.
They also provide great sales training that is easily transferable.

However, the job have incredibly high turnover that really creates an toxic atmosphere and a lot of dissension between management – more... and employees.

In the end I feel that the experience and generous earnings potential outweigh the cons. – less
Worst company I've ever worked for
Sales (Current Employee), High RiverAugust 29, 2013
Pros: telecommuting
Cons: senior management, lots of disfunction, office is far away from calgary. long commuting
No direction from management, some people in senior management should not be in the role. Very disfunctional company. Overall very bad experience.