Western Financial Group Employee Review

View all Western Financial Group reviews

Worst Managers I Have Ever Worked For
Communications  (Former Employee) –  High River, AB23 May 2013
When I started at Western I was truly excited to be working for what I thought was an amazing company. After about a year there I started to realize that there was very little stability, most people are gone within a year or two of starting. Of those people most were let go or fired for seemingly no reason. The managers are the worst I have ever worked for. There is little room for growth or advancement and HR/management does not care at all about staff. If you have any concerns you will just be fired.

Several people were getting sick in the office and they were just shoved aside and eventually let go for no reason. HR said even if a quarter of the staff were ill it would be too small a number to really be concerned with fixing the problem.

Save your time and effort and work for a company that will value the contributions of bright people.

Pros
Good hours, decent benefits
Cons
No job stability, crazy managers, dishonest people promoted.

Other Western Financial Group Employee Reviews

Would never recommend them as an employer.
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 October 2017
Typical arrogant corporate culture. Immensely top-heavy company with very little regard for front-line staff. Definitely not following their own guiding principles. Don't care about clients or front-line staff. Lower than average pay in industry. Expect staff to train themselves. Lots of talk and no action. Management expects "yes" people, not staff that have brains of their own.
Basically just don't care about their "people" outside of the head office.
Pros
benefit plan
Cons
everything else
Negative
Client Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 October 2017
If you're looking for an extremely stressful job with lack of benefits and a terrible management team, this is the place. For me, the pay and benefits didn't equal out the stress of that job. I went nights without sleeping, worried that I did something incorrect. The management team is hardly supportive and the lack of training for new employees is insane. They gloat about a positive corporate culture but in the end they have anything but that.
Pros
Learning about Insurance
Cons
Long hours, some offices get treated more poorly than others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4