Because it takes great people to make a great company!
Strong Communities | Strong Teams | Strong Future
Web Application Developer
Western has a reputation for continual growth, while maintaining its focus on our commitment to being part of the communities that we serve. If you are looking for a career where you know that you make a difference in what you do every day and have a desire to develop yourself, both personally and professionally, then we may have an opportunity for you!
Western employees are:
- Customer service and sales oriented
- Amazing team players
- Involved and committed to the community
- Models of our Guiding Principles
What will you do as the Web Application Developer?
- Work with Application Developers to do analysis, development, implementation and maintenance of our website and related applications that integrate with our content management system and social media sites
- Evaluate the needs of users to determine website requirements and improvements, and how they would be best implemented
- Assist in concept development of online initiatives including websites, intranets, and interactive presentations
- Research and recommend possibilities and opportunities to improve our web presence
- Monitor performance, logs, and feedback and generate reports to present to management and co-workers
What being a member of the Western team provide you?
- Extensive opportunities to grow and develop yourself professionally and personally
- 100% company sponsored extended health and dental benefits
- Minimum three weeks' vacation to start
- Opportunity to work as part of the team in an established, reputable company and within a friendly and respectful work environment
- Company matched investment and savings programs
- A progressive career with numerous paths at Western Financial Group
- Competitive compensation package
What skills, qualifications, and experience do you need to be successful in this role at Western?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience working within a similar role
- 2+ years experience in .Net programming using VB.NET and/or C#
- Knowledge in graphic software including PhotoShop, Fireworks and/or Flash
- Strong knowledge of relational database systems including either SQL Server or DB2
- Experience working with web-based APIs and development on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google
- Knowledge of HTML5 and PHP is not required, but would be an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
Do you exemplify Western’s Guiding Principles?
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Apply ONLINE Today
Create a Profile | Apply | Set Job Alerts