Because it takes great people to make a great company!
Strong Communities | Strong Teams | Strong Future
Marlin Travel is one of the West’s best known and respected brands in travel, with 193 locations in Canada and over 2,000 worldwide. We have four offices in Southern Alberta – Okotoks, Brooks, Strathmore and Drumheller. Our group of over 30 experienced travel agents further enhances the local customer relations.
The four Marlin Travel locations mentioned above are owned by Western who has a reputation for continual growth, while maintaining its focus on our commitment to being part of the communities that we serve. If you are looking for a career where you know that you make a difference in what you do every day and have a desire to develop yourself, both personally and professionally, then we may have an opportunity for you!
Western employees are:
- Customer service and sales oriented
- Amazing team players
- Involved and committed to the community
- Models of our Guiding Principles
What will you do as a Travel Agent at Marlin Travel?
This position will be the first point of contact for customers in your area to provide outstanding customer service to fulfill their travel needs.
- Communicating with internal / external clients regarding business and personal travel arrangement
- Maintaining up-to-date client computer files
- Quoting and writing travel insurance and tour/trip packages
- Preparing invoices and accepting payment from clients
- Attending yearly familiarization (FAM) trips and providing feedback
*What being a member of the Western team will provide you*:
- Extensive opportunities to train and develop yourself professionally and personally
- 100% company sponsored extended health and dental benefits
- Three weeks’ vacation upon the first year of hiring
- Be part of the team in an established, reputable company and within a friendly and respectful work environment
- Company-matched investment and saving programs
- A career that makes an impact of our clients' lives
- Competitive compensation package (salary and performance-based incentives)
What skills, qualifications and experience should you have to be successful at Marlin Travel and Western in this role?
- Related education and/or experience is preferred, but we will train the right individual
- History of excellence providing customer service to potential and existing clients
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills including MS-Office are required
- Proven ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail while in a retail environment
Do you exemplify Western’s Guiding Principles?
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Apply ONLINE Today Copy and Paste the URL below: