WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP IS MOVING FORWARD…… ARE YOU COMING?
**High River, AB**
Western has a reputation for continual growth, whilst maintaining its’ focus on its’ commitment to being part of the communities that we serve. If you are looking for a career where you know that you make a difference in what you do every day and have a desire to develop yourself, both personally and professionally, then this opportunity may be for you.
About The Opportunity
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team. You will be primarily responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation of Liability Accounts impacting Balance Sheet in accordance with established internal and external accounting practices and procedures. In this role, you will contribute to achieving the goals of your team by:
- Reconciling Accounts Payable items, investigating and resolving discrepancies in an appropriate and timely manner
- Ensuring Company Statements paid are reconciled monthly to Internal statements
- Reconciling assigned Regional Account Statements; investigate and resolving discrepancies in an appropriate and timely manner, liaising with Branch Managers and external companies to ensure all month end deadlines are met.
- Assisting management in Balance Sheet reconciliations; ensuring unreconciled balances are minimized
- Documenting new and revised procedures for this position as necessary
- Ensuring Branch Processes as well as Accounting Procedures are thoroughly documented
- Handling accounting related duties related to Company Acquisitions process and subsequent transition
We are seeking the following experience, skills, and capabilities:
- Minimum 2 years Accounting experience (specifically Payables and/or Receivables)
- Completion of 2 year business / accounting program (NAIT, SAIT, Mount Royal College etc) OR * Mature student with minimum 3 years experience in an accounting field and is currently enrolled in a 2-year accounting program
- Experience with Microsoft Navision and TAM would be a definite asset
- Insurance background would be very beneficial but is not mandatory
- High energy, a positive attitude, a team player
- Ability to take direction but act with initiative and self-motivate to meet deadlines and responsibilities
- Strong planning, follow up & organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft skills particularly with Word and Excel
- Demonstrated understanding and adherence to strict confidentiality and privacy of information policies
Your values will align with the Guiding Principles of Western Financial Group:
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Western Financial Group offers robust compensation and benefits packages including:
- Competitive salaries
- Group health and dental benefits plan 100% paid by Western Financial Group
- Minimum 3 week vacation, personal days & sick days
- Training and development opportunities
- Employer matched RSP program and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Much more!
Apply ONLINE today at www.westernfinancialgroup.ca
where you can create a profile, set job alerts and apply for this position