Western Financial Group is Moving Forward...
Are You Coming?
Are you passionate about communications and public relations? Have you thought about a career in the insurance industry? We are seeking a professional to join our Corporate Communications & Marketing Team. We want you to consider the opportunity of Public Relations Coordinator if you are:
Organized with strong attention to detail
A strong written and verbal communicator
Sales and marketing-oriented
Outgoing and a team player
Send us your application!
What will you do as a Public Relations Coordinator?
- Support wide-variety of activities that support the organization’s public relations goals including: media relations, campaign & events and measurement
- Assist with the execution of Western Financial Group’s annual public relations plan
- Address the external community through press releases, media advisories, press kit materials, corporate backgrounders, website copy, letters to customers, corporate bios, key messaging documents, speeches and/or speaking notes, social media channels, etc.
- Proactively reach out to media to pitch, secure and coordinate Western media opportunities
- Assist in developing strategies to raise the profile of Western Financial Group and the Western Communities Foundation
- Assist in coordinating and preparing Western Financial Group spokespersons for media interviews
- Develop and maintain relationships with editors, writers and photographers of key media outlets and industry publications
- Liaise with our Public Relations Agency of record
- Coordinate the development of Western Financial Group’s public relations campaign(s) , media tour(s) and/or speaking engagements
- Develop metrics and identify benchmarks to contribute to the measurement of effectiveness of media relations, campaigns, and Public Relations initiatives
How does becoming a member of the Western team benefit you?
- Extensive opportunities to grow and develop yourself, professionally and personally
- 100% company sponsored extended health and dental benefits
- Minimum three week vacation to start
- Opportunity to work as part of the team in an established, reputable company and within a friendly and respectful work environment
- Company matched investment and savings programs
- A progressive career with numerous paths at Western
- Competitive compensation package (salary and performance-based incentives)
- Work In conjunction with the Marketing Manager, Marketing Services Lead, and Agency of Record to clearly define and police the brand standards for the Western Financial Group Masterbrand and its sub-brands
What skills, qualifications, and experience do you need to be a successful Public Relations Coordinator at Western?
- A very strong attention to detail
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations
- 1-3 years experience with public relations and working with regional staff
- 1-3 years experience with community events, selecting, negotiating and analyzing results
- Excellent communication, teamwork and persuasion skills
- Strong editing, proof reading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with several departments including Marketing and Internal Communications
- Must have excellent time management skills, strong planning, follow up and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction but act with initiative and self-motivate to meet deadlines and responsibilities
- Has experience being in a consultative role and providing great customer service
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Ability to work weekends on occasion
Do you exemplify Western’s Guiding Principles?
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Don’t wait any longer, if this is where you belong, apply today!
To learn more about Western Financial Group, visit our website at http://www.westernfinancialgroup.ca